Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Victorious Pioneer's Armor set.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Victorious Pioneer's Armor set.

ImmortalLowlife
09.11.2019 , 10:40 PM | #1
Has any more thought gone into adding this set into collections? As a full blown alt-o-haulic, it'd be a great QoL improvement if I didn't have to send that armor and switch mods every time I wanted to play a different character. I know it's been mentioned before, but I don't remember seeing a gold dev post ever responding to the question.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

The_Wulff
09.11.2019 , 11:39 PM | #2
I get the Victorious Pioneer sets mixed up. Are you talking about the 50% XP bonus gear or the cosmetic reward gear?

I just ask for clarification as you should get the cosmetic gear on each toon in the mail when you make them. It can also be recalled off your legacy achievement for the DVL event.

If you are asking about the XP gear I can see where someone having infinite XP gear would be problematic. I think the devs thought it would be a cool reward but also figured in that people loose things and through attrition over time the sets would work them selves out of the game. I have a legacy bank tab just for legacy gear and keep mine there so it doesn't get lost or deleted by accident. I tend not to bother with the mods and enhancements. You get so far over leveled that the added stats from the gear pieces get tossed out with the downscaling anyway. Bright side I saw a yellow post not too long ago saying that the devs were considering giving the xp gear as a reward again in the future so keep an eye out for that.

SteveTheCynic
09.12.2019 , 12:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Wulff View Post
I tend not to bother with the mods and enhancements. You get so far over leveled that the added stats from the gear pieces get tossed out with the downscaling anyway.
You'd be surprised. Around Voss, the total mastery you can get from the +XP armorings plus level 65 green fleet-vendor mods and enhancements tops out *below* the planetary mastery cap. Several of the +XP armorings have +Presence instead of +Mastery.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ImmortalLowlife
09.12.2019 , 02:10 AM | #4
Yea, I'm talking about the xp boost armor. While it's not necessarily the best stat wise after a certain point, I never get into anything I can't handle. I play mostly solo, and for the story so it's not like I'm running OP's or vet FP's with it. I do use it all the way to lvl 70, and only upgrade mods every 15 lvl's or so. But like I said...I switch alts I play almost daily. I may play 5 different characters in a sitting. I have about 20 different characters under lvl 70 right now. I'd like to be able to switch alts without switching mods every time. And every tab in my legacy bank is full (lots of legacy armor pieces and crafting mats) so I also have to mail it every time.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

The_Wulff
09.12.2019 , 03:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Spoiler
To tell the truth by the time I hit Alderann I'm usually around 55-60 so by the time I get to Voss I'm already using non XP gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Spoiler
I totally agree that the XP gear is great for leveling and I too do tons of solo stuff. I personally haven't found a situation that required me to do more than keep up with my weapon and offhand. Then again different players and different play styles. I think I personally would like a few more sets even if for nothing else than to leave the set on my leveling toons.
As for the bank full of mats you should really check out the test server

Some Good News
Spoiler

JediQuaker
09.12.2019 , 09:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
...I switch alts I play almost daily. I may play 5 different characters in a sitting..... I'd like to be able to switch alts without switching mods every time. And every tab in my legacy bank is full (lots of legacy armor pieces and crafting mats) so I also have to mail it every time.
Basically, what I do when starting a new alt is to put the armor in legacy storage, and then take it out on my new alt. (Immediately after the opening cutscenes, you can travel to your Stronghold.) I simply use it as the "base" armor, and put anything "cosmetic" into an "outfit". So, no mailing, no removing mods.
Even if you are playing several alts at the same time - it would be easier to just dump the set into Legacy storage than remove mods or mail it. Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost.
If your legacy storage is full - it's time to move some of that lesser used stuff - low level mats, unused armor - to some alt's cargo hold.
You just seem to be making things difficult for yourself. Yes, it would be easier if the Vic set was in Collections, but it's not - so it's time to clear out that Legacy storage. 😄
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

SteveTheCynic
09.12.2019 , 10:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Basically, what I do when starting a new alt is to put the armor in legacy storage, and then take it out on my new alt. (Immediately after the opening cutscenes, you can travel to your Stronghold.) I simply use it as the "base" armor, and put anything "cosmetic" into an "outfit". So, no mailing, no removing mods.
If the highbie previous-user left highbie mods and/or enhancements in it, the lowbie won't be able to equip it without paying to remove them. Well, in fact, if you left any mods at all in it, a below-8 won't be able to use it without removing them.
Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost.
That's what I do.
If your legacy storage is full - it's time to move some of that lesser used stuff - low level mats, unused armor - to some alt's cargo hold.
You just seem to be making things difficult for yourself. Yes, it would be easier if the Vic set was in Collections, but it's not - so it's time to clear out that Legacy storage. 😄
Or wait until 6.0 goes live with craft-mat storage elsewhere, which will free up substantial amounts of my legacy storage.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediQuaker
09.12.2019 , 10:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
If the highbie previous-user left highbie mods and/or enhancements in it, the lowbie won't be able to equip it without paying to remove them. Well, in fact, if you left any mods at all in it, a below-8 won't be able to use it without removing them.
Oops, hadn't thought of that. 🙄
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Pirana
09.12.2019 , 11:13 AM | #9
It should have been released in Collections as soon as it was rewarded.

Keep the set in your Legacy bank and don't mod anything. The armorings are more than enough to level you from 1-70. It's also a nice little bonus to have it equipped while gunning for Conquest points.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

jimmorrisson
09.12.2019 , 12:17 PM | #10
I have two partial sets of the Pioneer gear from Summer 2015's "Dark vs Light" event. By partial I mean the head, torso, legs (together gave +25% XP) which were gifted when one finished a new character's class story. A full set required finishing the "Knights Of" expansion.

What I liked about Pioneer gear was the rated 160 armor augment was "built in" meaning one only needed to add the mod and enhancement augments if upgrading. Because the Pioneer set overbolstered in PVP the Bioware solution was to add a removable rated 160 legacy armor augment, which could be make any gear give the extra XP bonus if modded with the armor augment.

In retrospect I should have finished the DvL characters to get a full set of Pioneer gear along with the white Harley-Davidson-esque speeder bike.