Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is game dead?

OddballEasyEight
08.19.2019 , 10:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I don't know Dulfy personally, but from other post it seems (She?) has taken time out due to work and/or personal issues, but is still interested in SWTOR, and hopes to make it back.
Yeah, if you're just using Dulfy as an indication of whether or not a game is dead, then ESO and GW2 are dead as well (and died on the same day as SWTOR, no less)
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Celise
08.19.2019 , 11:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Allerien View Post
Was coming back after time away, and I noticed almost no server forums activity, Dulfy no longer updates, etc. Is it worth returning?
If it were dead you'd know about it. But the fact that an expac is on the way and there are still livesteams and blogs to come obviously means it is still alive. you have eyes? go look around some more first as stated by others, it should tell you what you need without asking this question here, regardless of your intent.

Rolodome
08.19.2019 , 11:35 PM | #13
It's been dying since it was released. I mean that facetiously, but also kind of seriously, as there have been a lot of poor decisions and buggy releases over the years that have been widely unpopular and turned people off. The most recent of those major events being 5.0 and the introduction of Galactic Command.

6.0 is supposedly fixing many of the problems Galactic Command created, so it could be 6.0 will start to pull the game back in an upward direction. Depends on whether it's implemented without creating lots of other problems, which is always a possibility here.

So... is the game dead? No. But I think a number of people are in a kind of "wait and see" mode with the coming expansion. And it could make or break their continued interest in the game's future. It's been quite a wait for 6.0 to come, for some people, with not a lot to entertain them in-between.

"Is it worth returning" depends almost entirely on what you want out of the game. If you want a thriving community with a guarantee it's going to continue for years to come, hard to say whether that can/will be found here. None of us are seers and the trend doesn't look great. If you just want some people to play with and think you might enjoy the new expansion, then sure, it's probably worth returning.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

merovejec
08.19.2019 , 11:46 PM | #14
After Keith took over as director the game starter going up again! There have been numerous changes to the game and we have started seeing new people from the Dev team on forums even. All these are good signs regarding the game health.

A new expansion is coming which should be similar to 3.0 so lets hope that will be the case.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Transcendent
08.20.2019 , 03:45 AM | #15
Quote:
Is game dead?
These forums wouldn't be here if it was. Neither would the servers you can log into to play the game.

So obviously it isn't.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

mothbanquet
08.20.2019 , 04:48 AM | #16
Been playing on and off since release and it hasn't been often I've seen 115 players on Imp Balmorra like just the other day. Game has definitely been deader in the past than it has right now.

FlameYOL
08.20.2019 , 06:43 AM | #17
According to the forums and general chat on fleet, yes. According to reality, no.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Kraysk
08.20.2019 , 07:08 AM | #18
Was coming back after time away, and I noticed almost no server forums activity, Dulfy no longer updates, etc. Is it worth returning?
The game is definitely not dead. But it sure will be pretty soon.
So, return and enjoy the very last months while it lasts.

Sargrith
08.20.2019 , 09:50 AM | #19

It is doing what it can on a budget. They are releasing a new expansion in like a month and that has people interested once again so thatís the good. The bad is the game is a shadow of its former self. Updates and new content doesnít come out at anything like a decent pace. The recent stories have not been all that solid from my POV, so dead no. Healthy....no. But still there, yeah for now. 6.0 will really have an impact on for how long. My thought is get ready for the expansion, try it out, and see if you like it.

OddballEasyEight
08.20.2019 , 10:01 AM | #20
I think the more important question here is... Is game dad?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.