Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why you shouldn't like Game Update 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why you shouldn't like Game Update 6.0

Master_Morak
08.19.2019 , 07:04 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Exactly. Yet again BW is going to fix what is not broken.

WE already have one of the easiest and best gearing systems in all MMOs, why would they replace it with yet another useless boring grindfest?
Do they actually believe that grind keeps people interested? No, it doesn't.
For example, how should one get NiM gear if no group will invite member dressed in 252 when 306 is required? There will be simply no way for casual raiders who are not able or do not want to grind MM Hammer Station 20 hours per day to get somehow decent set with acceptable bonus anytime soon.
From the state of gearing system on PTS i can only assume that 6.0 will finally kill the game. The last endgame players will leave, final server merge as soon as december, and eventually final death of this game somewhere early next year.
Maybe that's what guys at BW really want, i dunno.
I believe you are right. I don't know why they change again this gearing system. It is a fine system, that doesn't need to be changed.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

DarthCasus
08.20.2019 , 06:29 AM | #62
Just saying, for those who want to wait until we get exactly what we're expecting 6.0 to be, it's not looking all too amazing. If they pull the same old banthash*t and let bugs persist for months or years after they arrive, take too long to adjust according to feedback, bring forth some QoL suggestions long asked for, flop hard on the already divisive level sync and their gearing model prove to be far more tedious than expressive (with the whole 'play as you want' spiel), I expect to see some more names vanish from this forum. There are far too many eggs in this gearing basket as it is and this game's version of a gear treadmill has been terrible since 4.0.

I'll wait it out and try 6.0 but the PTS mess and lack of tight communication when we're less than a month from launch is very much a classic BW situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

CprlKlinger
08.20.2019 , 11:45 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by jxjxjx View Post
Because I'm horrible at the game, lazy, and want everything handed to me.
Basically what I read.
Please feel free to use my referral link

http://www.swtor.com/r/CGM9yv

WaveRun
08.20.2019 , 02:20 PM | #64
There is one thing if any that this thread has made clear: We live in a situation where no matter WHAT the developers do to try and APPEASE players it's just not enough and will never be enough. What happens when they respond? They're raided by the players, insulted, etc. No wonder they communicate as less as possible. Eric is really the only one who even talks to us now, developers used to be posting from EVERY DIVISION.

You all brought this on yourselves and unfortunately the game is going to suffer as a result.

Subscriber Since Day 1 PROUD Pre-order AND CE Holder
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Bolsteroids <Coronet United News Team> Jedi Knight | Waverunner <Problematic> Inquisitor

Shelwen
08.20.2019 , 06:05 PM | #65
Why would you need BiS gear if you are only doing SM content? The majority of NIM raiders completed all of the content before 258 gear was even introduced in the game so I am not sure why anyone needs 258 to do any of the current content. I am also confused as to why you are posting concerns about what may/or may not be introduced in 6.0.

I do want to take the opportunity to say thank you. You have saved all of us from having to log in after the launch of 6.0 and form our own opinions.

Adric_the_Red
08.20.2019 , 06:29 PM | #66
Didn't bother to read the OP's wall o' text.

When 6.0 is released, I'll play it and decide for myself whether and how much I like it. I'd have the same attitude if the thread was titled "Why you should love Game Update 6.0".
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

devilkat
08.20.2019 , 08:44 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I'm happy with complex gearing. I like micromanaging and customizing my toons. In effect, 6.0 will be like Space Barbie for min/maxers and micromanagers.

My only fear is that they don't add enough new content. We shall see.
Ditto. I liked this game for the story and comps. I care not a wit for gearing (granted, I have gone after it on one toon, just to say I did and because she's my collector). I'm worried that they have ignored good content for a crappy gearing system that most of us would nix in a heartbeat for more story, fps, heriocs and ops. I hope they have their priorities straight, but experience has taught me otherwise
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

MikeCobalt
08.20.2019 , 09:00 PM | #68
6.0 is a Big deal for SWTOR, alot hinges on this. Starting a new story Phase for the game and hopefully making enough people happy enough to sub and if enough, maybe EA will see reason to let them have a "Two ShoeString Budget" instead of the One ShoeString allowance we've had for so long. I really Don't Like that the Onslaught story send off had to share time, money and work with the gearing changes. This tells me we're getting "Half of BioWares Abilities" in their Big Start / Send Off; Like a foot race with one foot asleep. I wish they could've given the Onslaught story ALL of their effort for the best possible expansion kickoff then introduce the gear overhaul sometime after when the changes prove stable and no critical problems.

DarthCasus
08.20.2019 , 09:10 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
There is one thing if any that this thread has made clear: We live in a situation where no matter WHAT the developers do to try and APPEASE players it's just not enough and will never be enough. What happens when they respond? They're raided by the players, insulted, etc. No wonder they communicate as less as possible. Eric is really the only one who even talks to us now, developers used to be posting from EVERY DIVISION.

You all brought this on yourselves and unfortunately the game is going to suffer as a result.
1. Well yeah, you're not going to appease everyone. They swapped demographics to engage with multiple times in order to hunker down on content that fit the visions for the time, alienating the other sides for far too long. Same reason the game is currently in its sorry state.

2. I can't remember the last time the devs were "raided by the players" but there was that 1 instance where someone sent death threats to staff, which is completely unacceptable for clear reasons but we were told by Eric, as a result of his job as the community manager, that they'd dial back their communication with us at that time if it persisted, which was already abysmally poor.

3. It's Eric's job to communicate with us. We haven't seen a high level of direct-dev communication in almost a decade, it never was expansive. Sure, we got Charles, Keith and Thrill of the Hunt-man every now and then but it was never larger than that as far as I recall. Lead ups to launch ALWAYS see a high level of dev activity before they dial back engagement and their numbers. BioWare's no different.

4. The pessimism surrounding 6.0 is fair game imo. Not as dramatic as OP has laid out (honestly couldn't read a large block of text) but there's good reason to be cautious. Just look at the constant feedback on the PTS forums, note how we're less than a month from launch, have a large amount of testing to do, lack of firm details like a date and the heavy focus on gearing in its new iteration. Then there's the followup that I'm HOPING they stay on top of. They've been known to drop expansions and vanish after an update or two and not touch things for months when things get worse. I'm honestly not excited and more concerned for the game at this point.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Ayushman
08.21.2019 , 01:18 AM | #70
Read the whole thread... and came to one conclusion... Amusement...
The back and forth argument over a content that has not been released, hell not even yet finalized... and I am not going to like it?
Lmao....
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.