Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reddit AMA Summary

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova
06.06.2019 , 10:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
How will the above change Ossus where the gearing for some players is dependent on Unassembled Components and Masterwork Crystals? Will everything just be available for credits off a vendor there in Onslaught?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Correct, the current plan is players will be able to get that gear with credits (along with reputation requirements).

-eric
/thumbs up - thanks for that Eric

p.s. we need a "thumbs up" emoji for the forums
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Costello
06.06.2019 , 02:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Correct, the current plan is players will be able to get that gear with credits (along with reputation requirements).

-eric
So to be clear, there is no point in gearing up with the Ossus weekly and Vet Mode Queen etc because come 6.0 as long as I have the reputation and a handful of credits (I take it not many as we know the conversion of crystals to credits will be poor, so the conversion the other way will be just as low) I can buy current top tier gear?

Just want to make sure I got that right, cause I'm sure the people wondering if they should buy the crafted weapons will be interested to know before making the purchase. As it would appear the only new content that gear will have had any use before it is the basic starting gear for a newly minted level 70 (give or take the rep requirement) will be the limited time event?

So the grind for two tiers of new gear will be obsolete before any significant new content drops and before starting Onslaught people should just pop to Ossus pick up the gear and be in the same place as people that have been grinding out crystals and 50 ranked warzones or vet mode queen fights? Cause that doesn't seem to give much incentive for people to bother gearing up over the summer. Are we looking for this Summer of SWTOR as being the Summer of PST, as there is little reason and less content to jump into the live severs?

BlueWanderer
06.06.2019 , 02:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
So to be clear, there is no point in gearing up with the Ossus weekly and Vet Mode Queen etc because come 6.0 as long as I have the reputation and a handful of credits (I take it not many as we know the conversion of crystals to credits will be poor, so the conversion the other way will be just as low) I can buy current top tier gear?

Just want to make sure I got that right, cause I'm sure the people wondering if they should buy the crafted weapons will be interested to know before making the purchase. As it would appear the only new content that gear will have had any use before it is the basic starting gear for a newly minted level 70 (give or take the rep requirement) will be the limited time event?

So the grind for two tiers of new gear will be obsolete before any significant new content drops and before starting Onslaught people should just pop to Ossus pick up the gear and be in the same place as people that have been grinding out crystals and 50 ranked warzones or vet mode queen fights? Cause that doesn't seem to give much incentive for people to bother gearing up over the summer. Are we looking for this Summer of SWTOR as being the Summer of PST, as there is little reason and less content to jump into the live severs?
When 6.0 comes out, Ossus gear will no longer be top tier. What will be the point in spending credits on it? This is the way of MMOs, expansions come out, level caps get increased, current gear is obsolete.

InfernoSaber
06.06.2019 , 02:50 PM | #24
Thanks for the clarification

But when can we (non-subscribers) get to re-recruiting HK55 and do the "The Shroud of Memory" bonus chapter? Everyone want to do the mission in the forums for years! AND you could put it as an Cartel Market item like HK-51 Sector X.

Also, that Bound To Legacy GTN, will that affect to Cartel items too?

olagatonjedi
06.06.2019 , 02:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Question - "So I'm someone who's played on an off since Beta (My CE Malgus is staring at the screen) and the latest break has been my longest yet.

So I'd like to know how this gearing system is going to affect me as a returning player? Is there some easy way to get caught up on how I'm supposed to gear for my old role? Are there systems which make it intuitive?"

Answer -
Spoiler

Question - "Will there be a new way of managing legacy armor?

I currently have about 7 sets of legacy armor for dozens of different characters and it takes a lot of my time pulling out the armor, putting it back in, and keeping all the sets organized.

I've spent hours and hours looking for missing pieces of legacy armor. Mistakes can be brutal."

Answer -
Spoiler

Question - "With everything becoming bind to legacy, where are we at with weapons in Outfit Designer?"

Answer -
Spoiler

Question - "Once we start acquiring amplifiers and tacticals, will there still be a reason to craft gear either for our main characters or our alts?"

Answer -
Spoiler

Question - "Your testing schedule seems too short to accurately test all these new items wouldn't it be more effective to test more than one class at a time?"

Answer -
Spoiler
If you dont mind clarifying the gearing process. When loot is dropped, will it will take into account a players ACTIVE role/spec? Or will it come available to "open" after switching to the spec that a player is looking to gear up?

For example, if i want to gear up my tank/heal spec, but i only run content as a dps, will I ever acquire tank/heal gear?

InfernoSaber
06.06.2019 , 02:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueWanderer View Post
When 6.0 comes out, Ossus gear will no longer be top tier. What will be the point in spending credits on it? This is the way of MMOs, expansions come out, level caps get increased, current gear is obsolete.
What is the top tier now?

Batwer
06.06.2019 , 02:52 PM | #27
Eh, again for the stupid ones. Everything on Ossus: equipment, pets, decoration ect. can then buy with credits?
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

TrixxieTriss
06.06.2019 , 03:18 PM | #28
You forget that when 6.0 comes out there will be another 5 lvls too. So having 252-258 gear to lvl up to 75 might be more desirable than you think

phalczen
06.06.2019 , 04:13 PM | #29
People may want the gear for cosmetics. The vendors on the Ziost space station still sell statted gear (190 I think), for Ziost Memory Holographs; Eternal championship vendors still sell 220-rated gear for Eternal Championship tokens. I would probably buy a few of the Masterwork sets just for cosmetics. So, I'm glad that the plan is for these to still be available.
Question - “In 6.0, will there be new crafting mats introduced, or will we be using the same grade 10 mats?
Are the special mats that drop from MM Gods going to be used in any of the new schematics?”

Answer -
Spoiler

There was a time (i.e before 5.0) when the outgoing expansion's exotic tier of materials were converted into the blue prototype quality exotic material for the incoming expansion. I guess if people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of the grade 10 materials (though I sincerely doubt a single person has 100k charged matter transubstantiators), then that might be a reason not to convert materials. But, as it stands, we have:
  • Dark Matter Catalysts (purple/artifact) that never got converted from 4.x to 5.0, and yet are still part of the schematic to make Crystals of Nightmare Fury, but fortunately can be bought from the Artifact Jawa Junk vendor.
  • Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (blue/prototype), also never converted from 4.x to 5.0 and unfortunately still drop from bosses in the Eternal Championship (not the mission rewards, those are correctly rewarding Refined Isotope Stabilizers), but also bought from the jawa vendor
  • Strategic Resource Matrices (purple/artifact), from Conquests, also never got converted from 4.x to 5.0
Not to mention all these Grade 10 materials:
  • Refined Isotope Stabilizers
  • Void Matter Catalysts
  • Superior Resource Matrices
  • Encrypted Memory Cores
  • Charged Matter Transubstantiators
  • Iokath Recombinators
  • Ancient Tomes
I don't think its unreasonable that some, or all, of these ten types of end-game crafting materials would be converted into a much smaller quantity of whatever the Grade 11 equivalent of our current Refined Isotope Stabilizers is. Alternatively, convert every purple material into some # of Jawa Junk and every blue into some quantity of Assorted Droid Parts.
But even if we are denied that, could you at least fix the schematics for Crystals of Nightmare Fury and the Eternal Championship bosses so that they no longer require/drop obsolete materials? And if you can't/won't fix the schematic for the Crystal of Nightmare Fury, please don't break it by removing the DMCs from the Jawa vendor.

Question - "3. Will relics, especially tanking, healing, and alacrity relics, present a variety of viable choices?"

Answer -
Spoiler

I don't know of anyone or any guide on best-in-slot gear who uses Primeval Fatesealer, Fortunate Redoubt, Imperiling Serenity, or Ephemeral Mending.
  • Primeval Fatesealer's on-demand alacrity boost is too small to bring people from the 1.3s GCD breakpoint to the 1.2s breakpoint, so its value is pretty limited compared to Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault. If alacrity's effect on the global cooldown were changed, however, this might be useful. Still, given the short uptime, I still think most people would rather have higher critical rating or power during burst windows, rather than possibly get one more ability in.
  • Fortunate Redoubt and Imperiling Serenity boost a stat that is already well beyond the realm of diminishing returns. No serious MM raiding or ranked pvp tank stacks Defense Rating beyond what is in gear, or chooses it as a proc or on demand in their relics. Heck, most tanks use the dps relics anyway over any tanking relic, let alone the defensive ones, because the benefit to total health and damage/threat output outweighs the minimal amount of mitigation the relics offer, but at least Shield Amp/Shrouded Crusader/Reactive Warding are infinitely more useful than Redoubt/Imperiling Serenity
  • Ephemeral Mending has been demonstrated to be inferior to SA/FR for all healers. Its niche use for some classes who have self heal skills, rather than as a primary relic on healers, makes it more of a gimmick than a serious consideration
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TrixxieTriss
06.06.2019 , 04:30 PM | #30
I saw another reply that said they were looking into how Alacrity is currently working and those hard points may not be a thing anymore or they may change.