Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reddit AMA Summary

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.05.2019 , 09:58 PM | #11
Thanks for transcribing that for us Dan and a big thank you to Eric and Co for the AMA.

The questions and answers were a great idea (I hope this is done more in the future).

They answered lots of things, but the answers have also created some more questions and one I didn’t get the opportunity to ask for the AMA.
Quote:
1. With the amount of new legacy gear, will you be expanding or increasing the size of our storage (besides the mats storage). ie, will you be increasing the amount of tabs for cargo and legacy cargo holds or will you be increasing the number of slots in each tab?
If not, is this something planned for the future? (Im already over maxed and using 31 Alts Cargo holds and 13 guild tabs for personal storage).

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
06.06.2019 , 12:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Question - "With everything becoming bind to legacy, where are we at with weapons in Outfit Designer?"

Answer -
Spoiler
Do I read this as implying that y'all plan to bind a weapon-set to each Outfit slot? Please don't do it that way. Please have the weapon slots be selectable independently of the outfit slots, because my weapons are not part of my outfits.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
06.06.2019 , 01:27 AM | #13
Quote:
Part of the whole intent with this system is that you never feel that "The same thing again, just higher rating". When it comes to set bonuses.
You probably don't know this, but you just seriously showed how short sighted WoW devs are. That is exactly the big problem with their Azerite system. Advantage, SWTOR devs.
That statement made me really happy.

This whole system is looking amazing, especially the bad luck protection.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
06.06.2019 , 01:54 AM | #14
WoW that's an impressive number of questions and answers.

Do still have two concerns, along with a felling of disappointment that you are once again making already obtained materials, coms, gear etc worthless and either offering a few credits probably less than if you had received a credit payout from the mission than the now worthless gear or to be dropped into our new ESO crafting bag never to be seen again, or in fact just take up storage space while you wonder why you bothered getting it in the first place.

However the concerns:

1) You will never be able to balance all these tactical and sets if they make any real difference, so you will create a system where there is a must have and this will probably be the piece you stick behind NiM or Ranked PvP; because despite few people playing it and it not being cost effective you keep trying to find enough of a carrot to get people to play NiM and ranked PvP. As Others have said many many times in other threads, this is a game its meant to be fun, if the only way you can get people to play certain content is to make the reward a must have then you are missing the point that what you are trying to get people to play is not fun in and of itself. But ultimately creating an elitist system between the haves and the have nots and the link your gear in chat so we can make sure you can join our group.

2) While claiming that its play your way, Matt and if the combat dev ever came back from leave will make no effort to balance content for all tactical and set bonuses and assume that everyone will have the best set bonus. So I see Matt trying to explain to the last Pug group how to overcome a boss fight:

Matt: At this point your assassin has to use his shroud ability on himself and the healer to survive the attack.
Assassin: But I don't have that ability, its locked behind NiM ops or 15 weeks of grinding Charles Points, so I'll never get it. I took the Marauder saber throw ability cause I liked it and it looked cool.
Matt: ***, Marauders suck you don't want that, you need the Assassin Shroud ability, this fight is all designed around that ability.
Assassin: But I don't have it. I thought we could play our way and mix and match based on our play style and what we thought was cool.
Matt: Idiot. Okay the rest of you need to vote to kill this noob, put him on your ignore list so he doesn't waste your time and find an assassin with the right set bonus. Now on to the healers, they need the NIM set bonus….

Kaze-Yama's Avatar


Kaze-Yama
06.06.2019 , 05:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

Answer - Let me offer some explanation around how we avoid this for tacticals.
  • All tactical items are on the same power level, they are meant to be horizontal progression. Although we know that some will inevitably pop up as the "desired" tacticals, they should all be roughly equal.
  • We have built in "bad luck prevention". As you get drops that aren't a tactical, the game will increase your chance of getting one.
  • We also have duplicate protection for tacticals so that once you get a tactical, we lower your odds of getting it again provided it is in your inventory/equipped (since you only need it once).

Also, pepperoni.

When you say in inventory you mean actual inventory or can the system check for what you have in storage as well? I obviously only will have one tactical equipped and I don't want to run around with an inventory full of tacticals if I am trying to get a specific one and avoid duplicates.

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
06.06.2019 , 05:58 AM | #16
Quote:
So, fully acknowledge that currencies have gotten out of hand as of late. Historically, currency was used to gauge participation in specific content. However, we should be much more diligent about how many unique currencies are active at one time. For reputation areas I'd like us to lean away from unique's and rely more on the Reputation requirement and a simple Credit transaction.

Currencies planned for deprecation (Credit conversion):
Unassembled Components
Command Tokens
Masterwork Crystals
Monumental Crystals
Alliance Recon Data

For the existing reputation currencies we'll be moving them to a new category on the currency window so they aren't competing for "End Game" Status.
How will the above change Ossus where the gearing for some players is dependent on Unassembled Components and Masterwork Crystals? Will everything just be available for credits off a vendor there in Onslaught?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Lakemine's Avatar


Lakemine
06.06.2019 , 06:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
How will the above change Ossus where the gearing for some players is dependent on Unassembled Components and Masterwork Crystals? Will everything just be available for credits off a vendor there in Onslaught?
^ I second this question. Although we do have Ossus relics, so maybe that will be how? Relics and credits.
I love Star Wars.

lord-angelus's Avatar


lord-angelus
06.06.2019 , 08:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
WoW that's an impressive number of questions and answers.

Do still have two concerns, along with a felling of disappointment that you are once again making already obtained materials, coms, gear etc worthless and either offering a few credits probably less than if you had received a credit payout from the mission than the now worthless gear or to be dropped into our new ESO crafting bag never to be seen again, or in fact just take up storage space while you wonder why you bothered getting it in the first place.

However the concerns:

1) You will never be able to balance all these tactical and sets if they make any real difference, so you will create a system where there is a must have and this will probably be the piece you stick behind NiM or Ranked PvP; because despite few people playing it and it not being cost effective you keep trying to find enough of a carrot to get people to play NiM and ranked PvP. As Others have said many many times in other threads, this is a game its meant to be fun, if the only way you can get people to play certain content is to make the reward a must have then you are missing the point that what you are trying to get people to play is not fun in and of itself. But ultimately creating an elitist system between the haves and the have nots and the link your gear in chat so we can make sure you can join our group.

2) While claiming that its play your way, Matt and if the combat dev ever came back from leave will make no effort to balance content for all tactical and set bonuses and assume that everyone will have the best set bonus. So I see Matt trying to explain to the last Pug group how to overcome a boss fight:

Matt: At this point your assassin has to use his shroud ability on himself and the healer to survive the attack.
Assassin: But I don't have that ability, its locked behind NiM ops or 15 weeks of grinding Charles Points, so I'll never get it. I took the Marauder saber throw ability cause I liked it and it looked cool.
Matt: ***, Marauders suck you don't want that, you need the Assassin Shroud ability, this fight is all designed around that ability.
Assassin: But I don't have it. I thought we could play our way and mix and match based on our play style and what we thought was cool.
Matt: Idiot. Okay the rest of you need to vote to kill this noob, put him on your ignore list so he doesn't waste your time and find an assassin with the right set bonus. Now on to the healers, they need the NIM set bonus….
LOL where is that conversation happens exactly? In story mode pug ops? 😂😂 It's so clear that you don't run ops at all. You can run 16sm with 8m and clear it by wearing nothing but main and off hands. That's the bar for sm, even for gods sm.
If you know the tactics for hm, really doesn't matter what you are wearing anyways.

If you are on a nim team, you shouldn't be making this conversation to begin with.

"This ability looks so cool so I want to play this" said no NiM player ever 😂

Be better, and play the hard content or grind and get that item. Those two option is pretty fair imo.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
06.06.2019 , 08:20 AM | #19
Wow, just wow. That is a lot of information, thank you for transcribing it here to the forums!
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
06.06.2019 , 09:46 AM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
How will the above change Ossus where the gearing for some players is dependent on Unassembled Components and Masterwork Crystals? Will everything just be available for credits off a vendor there in Onslaught?
Correct, the current plan is players will be able to get that gear with credits (along with reputation requirements).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]