Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fleets need help with activity

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Fleets need help with activity

CaptRogue
08.19.2019 , 11:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
People in guild ships count towards fleet numbers.
No they don't.
People on guild ships count as a different fleet, than what's standing on actual fleet.
Same with Strongholds.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Drendal
08.19.2019 , 04:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
But... why? It appears as though you have some particular "thing" for the fleet, but as far as the overall context of the game is concerned, it makes no difference whether or not people are hanging around the Fleet.
You could just as easily say "Here’s hoping Bioware have some plans for Coruscant."
This.
Drendal | Founder
Make [SWTOR] Great Again

DarkTergon
08.19.2019 , 04:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
No they don't.
People on guild ships count as a different fleet, than what's standing on actual fleet.
Same with Strongholds.
They count as on fleet, but in different instances, so say you have two fleet instances, the guild might be a 3rd, etc. So if people were to count all people in all of the instances, they'd be counted too. Just different instances
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Nemmar
08.19.2019 , 05:00 PM | #14
Everytime i log on the fleet on Darth malgus, it is always filled to teh brim with people running about. The it empire of Republic side. though more on empire ofc.

Though i confess i don't frequent it a hell of a lot. I too like to chill on my Tatooine Stronghold and then just travel to the planets i need to go to.

TrixxieTriss
08.19.2019 , 08:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
They count as on fleet, but in different instances, so say you have two fleet instances, the guild might be a 3rd, etc. So if people were to count all people in all of the instances, they'd be counted too. Just different instances
What happens when it just shows one fleet, but there are people on a Guild Ship as well as the fleet?

Edit:

I checked this last night. There is a seperate fleet instance for fleet guildships that doesn’t actually show up when you look at the map on the fleet.
So you might see 23 people on the fleet in the only instance. But see 60 in the instance if you are on a Guildship.

TrixxieTriss
08.19.2019 , 08:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Everytime i log on the fleet on Darth malgus, it is always filled to teh brim with people running about. The it empire of Republic side. though more on empire ofc.

Though i confess i don't frequent it a hell of a lot. I too like to chill on my Tatooine Stronghold and then just travel to the planets i need to go to.
Yeah, it depends on the time of day. If you were to login outside of those primetimes it would be a different experience.

TrixxieTriss
08.19.2019 , 08:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
But... why? It appears as though you have some particular "thing" for the fleet, but as far as the overall context of the game is concerned, it makes no difference whether or not people are hanging around the Fleet.
You could just as easily say "Here’s hoping Bioware have some plans for Coruscant."
It’s always been a hub for the game since launch. That’s why the fleet is different to any planet.

I recently went back to WoW and to my amazement, Stormwind was still a hub of activity like it was back in the day. And WoW also has housing these days.

I guess I’m just like seeing people around when I play an MMO. Going to the planet (besides the starters) or the latest end game area always feels a bit empty to me. Sometimes it’s like playing a solo RPG game.

I’m just nostalgic for the fleet and how people would hang or meet or just see people interacting with each other. I’ve nothing against RP people, but even when I see an instance full of them, they are all standing around like statues and not moving. LoL, it kind of reminds me of some of those Doctor Who episodes where people get “frozen” or can’t move.

But at least I know I’m not alone on the fleet. I’d rather see them than an empty fleet.

Rolodome
08.20.2019 , 02:37 AM | #18
Personally, I might be more inclined to hang out there if conveniences were close together.

For example, I can plop down in a stronghold: cargo hold, legacy cargo hold, mailbox, GTN, and vendor, and put them all within a few feet of each other. If I want to run back and forth between those on fleet, it's a long trek each time, by comparison.

There's also stuff like crafting mats and gear, which are again in entirely different places.

It's a cool concept and all feeling big, but it could use some Iokath-like portals or something. As it is, if you want convenience, there's virtually no reason to be on there.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Ayushman
08.20.2019 , 02:43 AM | #19
Fleet chat in DM are doing fine. regular op formation, recruitment, trade requests happens during prime time. However the window itself has shrunk somewhat. Also there are people who run around fleet doing nothing, (Like me when I am waiting for a pop )
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

JediQuaker
08.21.2019 , 11:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It’s always been a hub for the game since launch. That’s why the fleet is different to any planet.
In spite of the impression my last post may have made, I'm all for the idea of an active "hub" where people would congregate even just to hang around. Unfortunately, because of the current structure of the game and the often toxic nature of general chat, the Fleet isn't it any more.

As far as having "always" been a hub - I think that depends upon who you talk to. The Fleet was never a place I hung around very long. In the early days I would go there to access my Cargo hold, the GTN, etc, but I didn't hang around as such, and now all that stuff is in my Stronghold.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV