Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Umbara Stronghold Exploit

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BlueWanderer
08.30.2017 , 04:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I highly, highly, highly doubt anyone complaining about this was "just looking at the public listings" and that was all the intent they had. If that was true, the guildie who summoned you could have just given you a key to theirs so you could see it before buying it.
Yet people did exactly that. The guildie that summoned me didn't buy it, they were pissed they wasted 60 recon data and were encouraging me to not waste 60 recon data like they did.

If we want to talk conspiracies, maybe BW intentionally hid the public listings behind the 60 recon data pay wall to get more suckers to spend those 60 recon data... I'm not suggesting BW is that clever, I tend to think it is just a bad design with unintended consequences...

aerockyul
08.30.2017 , 04:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
my guild is dead. and no i didn't use the exploit and i haven't finished grinding the data yet, because I don't want to deactivate any of my existing strongholds. for me - the only way to even see this stronghold is via video. which is NOT the same as seeing it in person. oh and btw? keys are limited. you cannot just keep giving them away without removing a few people first.

I would say that most people complaining about the way this stronghold was set up, are NOT the people who participated in an exploit.
I meant complaining about this exploit in particular. I am just as mad as everyone else about all the other things that weren't disclosed to us about this new stronghold.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

aerockyul
08.30.2017 , 05:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueWanderer View Post
Yet people did exactly that. The guildie that summoned me didn't buy it, they were pissed they wasted 60 recon data and were encouraging me to not waste 60 recon data like they did.

If we want to talk conspiracies, maybe BW intentionally hid the public listings behind the 60 recon data pay wall to get more suckers to spend those 60 recon data... I'm not suggesting BW is that clever, I tend to think it is just a bad design with unintended consequences...
It doesn't matter about the guildie who summoned. That person already got the 60 tokens or they wouldn't have been in there. Anyone who accepted that summons though...

All they would have had to do is get it then either give a key or invite (invites don't require keys) to those still locked behind the wall. Anyone who got past the wall without the tokens doesn't really have an excuse or can cry they weren't exploiting. There has been plenty of bad communication about the whole stronghold from the beginning, but the 60 tokens required to get through that wall was not ambiguous.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Khaleg
08.30.2017 , 05:05 PM | #24
Nobody in their clear mind with already 6 full decorated strongholds wants to buy this stronghold anyway, a dead born child due to unbelievable bad and clueless decisions, so the number of people interested in this exploit might be very limited to begin with...:-) I can say I'm definately not interested, in the exploit and the stronghold.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Lunafox
08.30.2017 , 06:10 PM | #25
Is there any plan in the works to increase the number of strongholds from the max 6? You'd have to know that people would want all the things...

I'd get the train, but not if it means having to get rid of one of my fully decorated ones. Please consider make it max 10 or something.

Alec_Fortescue
08.30.2017 , 06:36 PM | #26
This is how you treat playerbase like adults. You should do more posts like this regarding exploits.

Stellarcrusade
08.30.2017 , 06:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

There is an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 5.4 that we want to make you aware of, so that you avoid it. Currently, it is possible for someone to use the Guild Ship Summon feature to bring you into the room where you buy the Stronghold, therefore subverting the process of gaining access to the room. This is not intended and is considered an exploit. Do not participate in this exploit. This bug will be fixed in 5.4a tomorrow.

Following the bug being fixed we will begin to investigate the impact of the exploit and what action is required. I will post a follow-up once that has occured. We take exploits very seriously and want to ensure that SWTOR remains an even playing field. Thank you to the vast majority of you, who avoided this exploit.

-eric

Hahaha, no one even wants the stronghold now that you haven't increased the limit. No need for emergency patch.

DarrthXanadu
08.30.2017 , 07:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

There is an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 5.4 that we want to make you aware of, so that you avoid it. Currently, it is possible for someone to use the Guild Ship Summon feature to bring you into the room where you buy the Stronghold, therefore subverting the process of gaining access to the room. This is not intended and is considered an exploit. Do not participate in this exploit. This bug will be fixed in 5.4a tomorrow.

Following the bug being fixed we will begin to investigate the impact of the exploit and what action is required. I will post a follow-up once that has occured. We take exploits very seriously and want to ensure that SWTOR remains an even playing field. Thank you to the vast majority of you, who avoided this exploit.

-eric
I don't even call this an exploit at all. INFACT, it's a simple line of code that you guys could of put in to prevent people from doing it, because you knew damn well they'd try to, but you didn't. However I am curious to see how you plan on dealing with the possibly 80% of the community that did the "exploit" seeing as you can't exactly ban half the game for it. **** dealing with people for doing something this small over a stronghold. You should be focusing on getting your players back, which at the moment all I see is EA's continued not caring about it's players, and only caring about how much money we give.

BetoRenzo
08.30.2017 , 07:16 PM | #29
Well...
█[][][][][][][]█Ξ(████████████████████████████████████)

masterceil
08.30.2017 , 07:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Is there any plan in the works to increase the number of strongholds from the max 6? You'd have to know that people would want all the things...

I'd get the train, but not if it means having to get rid of one of my fully decorated ones. Please consider make it max 10 or something.
They don't want to give players >150% Conquest Bonus on Strongholds. I don't see why they can't just hardcode the cap rather than limit the number of SHes we can have : (
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com