Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
02.03.2017 , 09:36 PM | #1
Spoiler

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.
This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.
With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..
For us pvp should be skill vs skill and at the moment it's gear vs gear.

Please give us the option to turn off the 250% XP boost.

Help me Eric, you're my only hope 🙏
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

TrixxieTriss
02.03.2017 , 10:17 PM | #2
Forgot to add. We used to have the option to turn it off.

Please Eric, can you give us "back" the option to turn it off.

It was through a token we could pick up from a vendor.
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

IstariZen
02.03.2017 , 10:30 PM | #3
+1

I personally will be using the boost, but support this existing as an option for players who want it.
7 Days and Free stuff:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Pw3lL

DavidAtkinson
02.04.2017 , 12:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.
This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.
With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..
For us pvp should be skill vs skill and at the moment it's gear vs gear.

Please give us the option to turn off the 250% XP boost.

Help me Eric, you're my only hope 🙏
Hate to break it to you, but PVP in this game will never be about skill vs skill. Gear matters and will always matter.

Also PVP in this game is mostly a stunfest. Especially ranked. Who stuns better wins.

It's your personal choice, but I believe playing in the brackets is an utter waste of time. The faster you get level 70 the better, because the faster you will get access to crate content and gear which you need to be competitive at endgame pvp.

So I prefer the xp boost all the way.

fushnchips
02.04.2017 , 12:36 AM | #5
I don't see why someone would want to turn off super XP these days it's all about max level once you get to it then the fun really begins, if it's about story no matter what level you are when doing it you still do the story and watch the story stuff and you are down scaled to the planet level anyway.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Kurj
02.04.2017 , 12:41 AM | #6
/signed.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

TrixxieTriss
02.04.2017 , 12:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Hate to break it to you, but PVP in this game will never be about skill vs skill. Gear matters and will always matter.

Also PVP in this game is mostly a stunfest. Especially ranked. Who stuns better wins.

It's your personal choice, but I believe playing in the brackets is an utter waste of time. The faster you get level 70 the better, because the faster you will get access to crate content and gear which you need to be competitive at endgame pvp.

So I prefer the xp boost all the way.
This isn't about pvp or about your preference. It's about asking for an option that doesn't affect anyone who doesn't choose it. Please stay on topic
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

TrixxieTriss
02.04.2017 , 12:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
I don't see why someone would want to turn off super XP these days it's all about max level once you get to it then the fun really begins, if it's about story no matter what level you are when doing it you still do the story and watch the story stuff and you are down scaled to the planet level anyway.
It doesn't matter if you would do it or wether you can understand why other might want to.
Let's just leave the conversation to people who would like the option, not those who don't or couldn't care what others may want.
Original PvP Old Guard
I like girls only

CelynthePhoenix
02.04.2017 , 01:20 AM | #9
Yes please!
I like taking my sweet time levelling my toons , current regular xp gains is already too fast for my tastes but I deal with it. A 2.5x xp gain for two months will simply mean I'll be stuck NOT playing my low-level toons for two whole months!
Please give us back the Gree artifact that allowed us to opt-out before the launch of KotFE!

fushnchips
02.04.2017 , 01:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It doesn't matter if you would do it or wether you can understand why other might want to.
Let's just leave the conversation to people who would like the option, not those who don't or couldn't care what others may want.
Sorry but this is an open forum for all subs and I'm telling you now you don't tell me what topic I can or can't post on. You made the topic so expect all sides to post on the thread it's our right and you have no say on who does or doesn't nore do you have any say on what they post so get used to this because you opened the door as long as we keep our posts within the rules of the TOS you have no show on shutting down subscribers rights to post on a thread.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend