Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What I think about the resolve/CC issue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What I think about the resolve/CC issue.

Wasbeer
10.05.2014 , 03:04 PM | #1
I've seen some requests for more snares or escapes for classes to aid them in pvp and I strongly disagree with this sentiment. If anything we've gained too many and that's what's causing some of the problems people are having in the first place. They get CC'd wait it out, get CC'd if not dead by now they use their CC break, and then they get snared/rooted and are just as stuck till they're dead.

Some would say that they need a better or additional escape ability, while hopefully most would agree with me that we don't need more but rather they need to remove some of the additional CC/Root/Slow abilities that they've added since release date. Reducing the amount of these abilities not only simplifies play and reduces clutter on the UI but it also will make resolve easier to balance out, we all know it needs tweaking still. Let's not ask devs to try and fix things like doctors try to fix kids by giving them prescribed amounts of dope and speed to which they simply add more and more of each one according to how much the other one is having too much of an effect. That's just plain stupid.

So some thoughts I've had would be:
-Revert the number of CC/Slow/Root/Escape abilities back to early SWTOR.
-Add Slow/Root effects into the resolve bar but for smaller impacts. For example 8 slow effects would fill the resolve bar from empty to full, a root would fill 10%, keep loss of control as is.
-With the addition of slow effects afflicting resolve it may be necessary to add some slow/cc back to melee but that would be something best decided after some testing/trial period.

Additional that I forgot to mention:
-Reduce the number of leap abilities.

Capt_Beers
10.05.2014 , 03:28 PM | #2
In early swtor the operative kd was 4 seconds if I'm not mistaken (I totally could be), regardless that had been removed.The range on all stuns was reduced and bubble sub was was changed to only affect the casters bubble.

More cc has been removed than added.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Wasbeer
10.05.2014 , 04:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
In early swtor the operative kd was 4 seconds if I'm not mistaken (I totally could be), regardless that had been removed.The range on all stuns was reduced and bubble sub was was changed to only affect the casters bubble.

Perhaps, I haven't been here the whole time as I had to leave SWTOR for a while, however it seems like I get CC'd and slowed/rooted far more than I ever did in the past in addition to all the added movement abilities.

Capt_Beers
10.05.2014 , 04:23 PM | #4
The only roots I can think of that were added were vengeance ravage and concealment hidden strike (which actually replaced the knock down).

CC is generally the same, damage is much higher. I can't really think of a dps spec aside from possibly AP pt's or maybe lethality operatives that need any more damage. What you're seeing is likely the result of all the recent damage buffs.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Adovir
10.05.2014 , 05:35 PM | #5

It was 3 seconds
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Wasbeer
10.05.2014 , 05:39 PM | #6
The only roots I can think of that were added were vengeance ravage and concealment hidden strike (which actually replaced the knock down).

CC is generally the same, damage is much higher. I can't really think of a dps spec aside from possibly AP pt's or maybe lethality operatives that need any more damage. What you're seeing is likely the result of all the recent damage buffs.
I'm inclined to agree on that point, the CC is likely incompatible with the current damage vs defense. I'm not looking forward to starting my commando heals into pvp when it hits 55 here soon so I figure I'll play out the PVE a while first. time-to-death for healers can be pretty brutal at entry point.

Capt_Beers
10.05.2014 , 05:52 PM | #7
Why wait until 55 to start pvp? Start right away and stockpile commendations. That way you can get some gear right off the bat.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>

Wasbeer
10.05.2014 , 06:24 PM | #8
Why wait until 55 to start pvp? Start right away and stockpile commendations. That way you can get some gear right off the bat.
I have been pvping, but I'm going to wait till the pve gear is of a better grade for bolstering.

Capt_Beers
10.05.2014 , 06:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wasbeer View Post
I have been pvping, but I'm going to wait till the pve gear is of a better grade for bolstering.
Gear makes a very small difference in lowbies. You should just be pvping for the experience and to save up comms. If done right you can but an entire set of pvp gear straight away.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>

Jadescythe
10.05.2014 , 06:49 PM | #10
There is actually quite a bit more CC in SWTOR simply because overlapping stuns don't generate the full amount of resolve they normally would, causing CC chaining to be able to last much longer from a coordinated attack. This is why it feels like there is more CC when there is not.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here