Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Left Right

PloGreen
09.30.2014 , 12:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
And this is why I use left and right on that map. If you want to be understood you have to use directions that everyone will understand. Sadly this means dumbing down the directions.
Y I agree that most people have grasped the concept of left and right. A lot of people cannot understand east/west in relation to the map. But then people don't understand a lot of things in pvp so it's not really surprising.

Icykill_
09.30.2014 , 08:55 PM | #22
Left/right to me and many people, mean simply left or right of the spawn point... If you spawn in void star and they say left door they mean left if they say right they mean right... Look at it this way, if they call left and if defending it's west... If attacking, its east
The only map that really needs east, west, South is nova cost... Civil War is grass, mid, snow... It can't get much simpler... Most people know their right from their left... But can get confused from east/west lol

RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

BowtieJones
09.30.2014 , 10:54 PM | #23
I must say I am very disappointed. I am sad to say it, but there it is.

Why must we defend mediocrity?

I created this thread specifically to start a conversation. I am not new to this game. I look at my minimap. I am not a stupid person. I actually expected the responses that said "If you looked at your minimap you'd know." I planned on having people defending the players unwilling to improve just a little bit. I was not expecting known good players to be those that said it, though.

Read these forums. They are full of people complaining about pre-made groups. Complaining about those able to respond quickly. Complaining, instead of finding a way to be better. Communication is key, yet based on the responses I've read, it seems to be more popular to nitpick those asking for individual improvement.

I respect good players. Unfortunately, I find the good players wanting in this thread.

Evolixe, you made a twitch stream with the title to the effect of bw will never learn. You have in your signature something like people need to open themselves to new ideas. You also seem to get annoyed when people bring up your sig, or take it out of context, yet you still say left out of spawn. You are bending to the meta. You are being the meta. Shame on you. You are better than that. Much better. I ask you to be better than that. Simple fix.

I watched Snave's stream a few days ago. He popped Voidstar. Same deal. He's well above average as far as OP goes, yet he asked people to go left. A very well above the curve player, speaking the language of the dunce.

It's been pointed out that the doors themselves are called east and west, yet we insist on saying left and right. I learned my left from right in kindergarten. Are we at that point? Do we not know our ABC's?

The rest of you. Well. Be better. Be better.

We are on the precipice of a new level cap.

Be better.

Bee Tee Jay

t-darko
10.01.2014 , 06:24 AM | #24
Hey, you're clearly done discussing this, so sorry for my late entrance in the debate, this is an old topic around here I feel. We often speak of situational awareness as something like, "trust the Force" kinda thing, but it really is about thinking ahead and some adding of experience and then of course the 'right' conclusions

My point? Well in situations of what is what and why there's no call; In VS my standard advice is, always;
"If u outnmbrs the attackers u r probably needed at the other door" this is a simple enough rule together with a fast map count of your own forces to decide where you are needed most.
When it comes to who's guarding what node and why aren't there any calls;
A simple thing is to focus target your lone node guard and notice if he's being attacked by watching his health bar, again that lone guard is probably not where you currently are, so if you're fighting at 1 of your 2 capped nods, or fighting over the last 'gray' objective, you can pretty much assume that it's at the lone guard you need to be . . .
OR if your main force just capped the second objective, well, then your least guarded capped objective probably need to be strengthen . . .

Now, it's not my intention to be QQing here, it's a common fact that the simple solution often is the hardest to apply!!

BigDumbViking
10.01.2014 , 06:31 AM | #25
All this discussion about a lowbie wz?
YardstickAronhernandezM'argarita
StringcheeseBibi'fetSneak'y Viking
Dück Trombone

Zoom_VI
10.01.2014 , 06:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BowtieJones View Post
snip
Wait are you seriously getting all elitist over what terminology people use to call incs? Really?

Yes compass rose direction are universal, but in some maps other terminology is more effective. Voidstar in particular given the fact that the last room switches from east/west to north/east.

Saying people are bad players for not using compass rose directions is ludicrous. Particularly when most maps have far better distinguishing characteristics.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Evolixe
10.01.2014 , 07:06 AM | #27
Calling an inc is not for myself, it's for others. So I need to make sure that THEY know what I mean.

Communications 101.

So, if people are better at relating left and right than they are at relating east and west.. I will use left and right.
Because unless people memorize exactly where east and west is.. they have to open their map and look where it's placed on the map. Then figure what is what. While everyone knows left from right (I hope..)

It's faster, more effective overall and simplified.

My point is just that I don't need an airstrike at 38°53'51.7"N; 77°02'11.6"W.
I need someone to come and help me as soon as possible and I want them to do
that without having to stand still and think about where I actually need that help.

(^ is just an example btw, don't go about thinking weird things)
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Ridickilis
10.01.2014 , 07:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BowtieJones View Post
I actually expected the responses that said "If you looked at your minimap you'd know."
Basic math with a dash of common sense will tell you everything you need to about know where to be. Honestly you shouldn't even need a call, you should be half way there by the time the call get posted in chat.

Hell, every time someone with a chat fail (1111222222223411) I instantly look at the defender's health on "the other door/node" to make sure it wasn't him/her.

Don't be that guy in the WZ, you know the one who asks "where is left?". That guy will always be worse that the defender that simply posted "help".

johnatters
10.01.2014 , 07:37 AM | #29
Been playing on The Ebon Hawk for a long time, as an active PvPer. I've still yet to ever see anyone actually RP in a WZ.

West/East in Voidstar always.

Zoom_VI
10.01.2014 , 08:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post

My point is just that I don't need an airstrike at 38°53'51.7"N; 77°02'11.6"W.
But what if I need a airstrike at 38°53'51.7"N; 77°02'11.6"W?
Just make sure its a airstrike and not a Orbital Strike, the latter doesn't do anything.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.