Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Operative/Scoundrel has knockdown removed, but Assassin/Shadow get to keep theirs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So Operative/Scoundrel has knockdown removed, but Assassin/Shadow get to keep theirs

TheCourier-
03.04.2014 , 07:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
dude. sins don't NEED the kd. they pop shroud and they can continue their roto. scrapper gets CC'd immediately.
Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used, and assassins would skip spike and go directly to shock, discharge, then voltaic slash until maul proc.

The whole thread is basically a "waaaaaa scrapper got nerfed, so make assassin miserable".

Assassin is 100% fine as is.

MotorCityMan
03.04.2014 , 07:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Shoot first does around 8500 damage. Spike does around 2000 damage. Assassin's sustained DPS is horrible. Scrapper does the highest DPS of all DPS specs (except rollbanging). That is why spike knocks people down. Without a knockdown, spike is literally useless. Most jedi shadows/assassins would love for spike to do 8500 damage.
Any shadow/sin would trade spike with the knockdown for hidden strike without the knockdown.

Bioware, catering to trolls who use "bads" as a noun is never, ever the proper way to balance the game.

Master-Nala
03.04.2014 , 07:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Any shadow/sin would trade spike with the knockdown for hidden strike without the knockdown.
I would!

Like seriously, Bioware. Just give the power the base damage of Shoot First. Take the KD....please.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Hei_Atzfel
03.04.2014 , 07:43 PM | #14
Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used
Opening with spike is bad anyways, you're doing subpar DPS when you open with spike -> maul. It's better, DPS wise, to open with discharge -> shock straight away and save spike for when you need to interrupted someone's important cast from stealth.

Altheran
03.04.2014 , 07:51 PM | #15
Assassin's opening rotation flows because spike procs maul. If spike didn't have a knockdown, then spike wouldn't be used, and assassins would skip spike and go directly to shock, discharge, then voltaic slash until maul proc.
I'm already not using Spinning Kick at all unless I want to interrupt someone.

By using it, I'd waste the "surprise (mother****er) effect" by doing low damage and nearly shouting "hey beware, I'm going to beat you with all my might".

nitroyoshi
03.04.2014 , 08:01 PM | #16
i think they need to keep the knockdown, remove the laugh, and give the laugh to sins for when they hit spike
then everyone will hate spike
face it the laugh is annoying as SAKGSALGSAKLGSKAGLSKGKLSG
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

foxmob
03.04.2014 , 08:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
sure. as a scrapper with the tool kit of a deception, I'd gladly give away my kd for that opening burst. wait. no. you see...sins have this shroud thing and that blackout thing to stay in combat and continually deal dmg. both can cleanse and combat stealth once. sin can phase walk 60m away in a blink. scrapper has to have enough energy for 4-5 rolls to get that kind of separation. but hey. we have a long unbuffed heal.

I don't main a scrapper or sin, but having played both...scrapper is eating some seriously unwarranted nerfs. it's not so much that deception should be brought down with scrapper. but the similarities in their playstyles vs. the different ways BW treats them are pretty amazingly ridiculous.
Krack

Campaigner
03.04.2014 , 08:04 PM | #18
Assassin was always the preferred stealth class in 8 v 8 rateds.

Operative DPS is getting screwed over again.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

nitroyoshi
03.04.2014 , 08:05 PM | #19
i think we should buff madness and it will even out the deception sins and madnassasins and tanksins
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

JediMasterSLC
03.04.2014 , 08:10 PM | #20
/signed, BW gives in to QQ once again.