Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Republic Populations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Republic Populations

Soknarf's Avatar


Soknarf
10.03.2014 , 08:04 PM | #1
Hello all,
A friend and I are returning to the game after a very long break. We are planning on playing republic side characters for pvp. Which server has the most balanced pvp populations if any during Eastern prime timezones? Thanks in advance.

Sok

Shenyu's Avatar


Shenyu
10.04.2014 , 03:06 AM | #2
Imperials seem to dominate most servers unless you get in good with the rare few Republic guilds which get together to super-queue ultrastomp queue sync everything.

At least on TEH, anyway. I doubt you want to play here, though.
Iyris
Ebon Hawk | <good talk>
S3 #2 Solo Operative

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
10.04.2014 , 04:32 AM | #3
Two words : Faction inbalance.

(English language mostly says "imbalance", which sounds imho horrible in German ears, because "im" is an shortened form of "in dem" = "in the" like in "im Haus" = "in the house", for example.)
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Volxen's Avatar


Volxen
10.04.2014 , 06:04 AM | #4
The harbinger has a lot of republic players, and pubs win in PVP more often than imps do. Pub vs pub PVP matches actually occur somewhat frequently on this server.

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
10.04.2014 , 06:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shenyu View Post
Imperials seem to dominate most servers unless you get in good with the rare few Republic guilds which get together to super-queue ultrastomp queue sync everything.

At least on TEH, anyway. I doubt you want to play here, though.
It's not exactly rare, at least over the last few days I can't seem to get two matches in without running into a core/republic/regulators superqueue.

Haystak's Avatar


Haystak
10.04.2014 , 06:31 AM | #6
Harbringer, but its west coast.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Soknarf's Avatar


Soknarf
10.04.2014 , 12:23 PM | #7
Ok thanks for the replies fella. Guess we will check out Harbringer first.

Anyakaschala's Avatar


Anyakaschala
10.04.2014 , 12:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Soknarf View Post
Hello all,
A friend and I are returning to the game after a very long break. We are planning on playing republic side characters for pvp. Which server has the most balanced pvp populations if any during Eastern prime timezones? Thanks in advance.

Sok
depends on how you look at it. Since the vast majority of pvp is wz based, playing on an imbalanced side isn't a bad thing. For example: from my understanding pot5 is imp dominated in terms of actual numbers, but in wz's pubs win the most. why? less average to below average pvpers. Where on the pub side, there's a small enough population so that the ones that queue stand a good chance of being in the same wz and as thus, skews the wz's.

HaLeX's Avatar


HaLeX
10.04.2014 , 03:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Anyakaschala View Post
depends on how you look at it. Since the vast majority of pvp is wz based, playing on an imbalanced side isn't a bad thing. For example: from my understanding pot5 is imp dominated in terms of actual numbers, but in wz's pubs win the most. why? less average to below average pvpers. Where on the pub side, there's a small enough population so that the ones that queue stand a good chance of being in the same wz and as thus, skews the wz's.
Not so. In my experience imps win about 4/5 regs. If your pugging on the pubside expect to lose badly unless your running a premade with skilled players or get into their group.
GatorCountry GatorNation GatorUniverse POT5 SithUnited