"BW QA Ban Test"

Kooked

Anyone else get this e-mail from contact@bioware.com right now? Title says "BW QA Ban Test" and the Content reported links don't work. The link goes somewhere to this forums w/ the subject titled Swear-Filter-Test. Is this an e-mail that randomly going out to certain people to test?

Spell

Edited by Kooked

The test was to see if you'd post about it on the forums. You failed, goodbye!

seem to remember you being more helpful and less sarcastic. perhaps I misunderstood your intention.

to OP, nothing from BW in my inbox. could be an in-house glitch with BW or could be a fake email with links to some kind of malware.

you might consider emailing BW and sending them a copy of what you received... just a 'heads up' kind of thing.

as you clicked the link ya might want to run an AV scan just to be safe.

seem to remember you being more helpful and less sarcastic. perhaps I misunderstood your intention.

I'm only helpful when I have an answer. When I don't have an answer, you get the magic eight ball response.

My guess would be a mistake/ glitch from the moderators or malware/spam email. Never click on links in emails if you aren't sure of it's legitimacy. But that is just common sense.

to OP, nothing from BW in my inbox. could be an in-house glitch with BW or could be a fake email with links to some kind of malware.

you might consider emailing BW and sending them a copy of what you received... just a 'heads up' kind of thing.

as you clicked the link ya might want to run an AV scan just to be safe.

The link did go to forums.bioware.com, so wasn't a scam e-mail. Good idea though, I will forward just to see what's the deal w/ the e-mail.