Powertwech Tank Gear 5.10

Taraq

I just repost it here for the devs to see it.

As a mainly tank player i take this gearing issue very serious. Since the implementation of the galactic command in 4.0, or even bevor, the tank stats are "broken", i.e. Defense stat.

The Defense stat is way in the diminishing returns and any serious Tank player i know is going for B-lettered DPS or b-lettered Tank modifications (endurance > mastery > power/defense) and for the enhancements which BiS is immunity and sturdious they go for vigilant and bulwark which also have more endurance over shield/absorb. Are you aware of that? Tanks do not need 4700 defense! Well i don't think so or you just don't care.

Because when you design a new gear you just add some more points to the already existing gear and it's done, easy going. No one from BW does the math behind the stats or maybe even know what they are for. All though you just had to check the lists the theory crafters did, which are btw community members, they are easy to find just google it. These are the source of any min/max.

With 4.0 it's already a pain in the *** to get modifications/enhancements to min/max for Tanks. The 248 modifications/enhancements only drop in T4 crates at a insanely low chance and then it needs to be B-lettered or vigilant/bulwark. Crafting mods/enhancements is only possible in 246 and btw. these are better than the 258 BiS modifications/enhancements for Tanks. It's not even possible to get the 252 or 258 modifications/enhancement we need, they just don't exist. This is ridiculous.

And that's just aside from the fact that you intended the change for slot restriction on modifications/enhancements which alone is a absolutely stupid change.

What are you going to do about the stats, especially for Tanks.

I'm a Collectors Edition owning subscriber since launch and i want an answer! :rak_07:

Btw. this applies for all tank classes in 5.10.

Edited by Taraq

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you and it sucks.

What I reccomend right now is focus in 258 left side first, then armourings. You can use 1 or 2 of the defense mods they give and about 4 maybe 5 Enhancements then keep the rest as is, if you want to be super try hard grind a DPS set and use the lethal 258s you end around roughly 146k health with this build, probably the most viable option for NIM gods

What I reccomend...

I recommend taking a long break. Maybe in a year they will have changed mods so they can be pulled out and maybe by then they will have adjusted tank stats so they are actually useful.

It's been 3+ years now since tank stats have been useless. Bout time they make them useful I think.

Change requires courage. It will be ok.

So defense is worthless. How do you help your team? Stack more endurance.

Now you can't get high endurance mods and enhancements? How do you help your team? Stack more DPS.

I'll be honest, I am not happy with the current state of tanks either but I adjust with the times. I am currently using "Tank" ear, implants, and augments. That's it. I'm using Alacrity enhancements to get to the 1.4 GCD and then stacking Critical enhancements to pump my DPS. Why you ask? Cause it helps my team. The faster stuff dies, the better for my team.

The new gearing system isn't "ideal" but it's just a piece of cheese to chase before 6.0 comes out. All the current PVE content outside of MM Gods of the Machine is tuned for 242 gear. Remember 242 gear? Yeah...that means you have 246, 248, 252, and 258 gear that is BETTER than the current content. I actually have the opinion that because the mods and enhancements are locked to the gear piece it makes gearing EASIER. There's really only 1 or 2 ways to go - LOW ALACRITY or HIGH ALACRITY.

I challenge you to get out of the "ugghh...me hulk, me tank, me take damage." Try to help your team the best you can.

What I reccomend right now is focus in 258 left side first, then armourings. You can use 1 or 2 of the defense mods they give and about 4 maybe 5 Enhancements then keep the rest as is, if you want to be super try hard grind a DPS set and use the lethal 258s you end around roughly 146k health with this build, probably the most viable option for NIM gods

I agree with you and i go for that too. With that it's just tanks have to farm a tank set for armorings, a dps set for mods to put in the tank set and another dps set if you want to swap roll. And that just because nobody at BW realizes the mismatch in tank stats and that for about 3 years now......

Change requires courage. It will be ok.

So defense is worthless. How do you help your team? Stack more endurance.

Now you can't get high endurance mods and enhancements? How do you help your team? Stack more DPS.

I'll be honest, I am not happy with the current state of tanks either but I adjust with the times. I am currently using "Tank" ear, implants, and augments. That's it. I'm using Alacrity enhancements to get to the 1.4 GCD and then stacking Critical enhancements to pump my DPS. Why you ask? Cause it helps my team. The faster stuff dies, the better for my team.

The new gearing system isn't "ideal" but it's just a piece of cheese to chase before 6.0 comes out. All the current PVE content outside of MM Gods of the Machine is tuned for 242 gear. Remember 242 gear? Yeah...that means you have 246, 248, 252, and 258 gear that is BETTER than the current content. I actually have the opinion that because the mods and enhancements are locked to the gear piece it makes gearing EASIER. There's really only 1 or 2 ways to go - LOW ALACRITY or HIGH ALACRITY.

I challenge you to get out of the "ugghh...me hulk, me tank, me take damage." Try to help your team the best you can.

I agree with you completle. stacking dps as a tank is imperative but remember what BW did recently. DPS nerf the tanks because they were out of par with other classes ^^ they even dind't analyze why tanks did that much dmg, 'cause they stacked DPS ^^

Yeah allmost all content is tuned for 242 rating and can be done easily, but that isn't the point. I just don't get it why BW forgot about the gearing issue of tanks when they designed a new gear again. How many times in a row is that now??

It's just if nobody mentiones it BW will never do something about it, well though i think they still wont do something about it even when dozens of people mention it. I just had to try.

• 1 month later...