Musco - when are you guys going to discuss gear? Please don’t ignore this topic

Totemdancer

Musco - when are you guys going to discuss gear.

Please don’t ignore this topic. There have now been 6-7 threads at last count through out the forums.

Experienced Players have given you tonnes of feed back and we would appreciate you discussing it with us (2 way conversation) before charging ahead with what you’ve announced and currently have on the pts.

There is a high level of anxiety around this topic and a lot of people are considering unsubscribing or reducing their play time, especially pvpers.

We are concerned about the health of the game and the retention of current players. We hope you have already been listening to all the feed back and have changes planned. If not, what is the point of us giving you feed back.

I implore you, please do not go ahead with the current system as it is until you listen to our feed back and discuss with us so we can get a system that works for you and the players will enjoy.

Edited by Totemdancer

Musco - when are you guys going to discuss gear.

Please don’t ignore this topic. There have now been 6-7 threads at last count through out the forums.

Experienced Players have given you tonnes of feed back and we would appreciate you discussing it with us (2 way conversation) before charging ahead with what you’ve announced and currently have on the pts.

There is a high level of anxiety around this topic and a lot of people are considering unsubscribing or reducing their play time, especially pvpers.

We are concerned about the health of the game and the retention of current players. We hope you have already been listening to all the feed back and have changes planned. If not, what is the point of us giving you feed back.

I implore you, please do not go ahead with the current system as it is until you listen to our feed back and discuss with us so we can get a system that works for you and the players will enjoy.

Because honestly you guys are going crazy over nothing for one I have full 248 bis gear on live right now and when I put together a full set of 258 bis on pts it barely changed anything not enough to be overpowering at all and two the system to get a full set of 258 has a clear cut path that doesn't revolve om any RNG like the GC system so you wonder why the devs aren't really responding is because you are acting like chicken little acting like the sky is falling when it isn't the current system for 258 gear is pretty much like any other MMO endgame gearing system where over a short period of time you can fully gear your character.

Because honestly you guys are going crazy over nothing for one I have full 248 bis gear on live right now and when I put together a full set of 258 bis on pts it barely changed anything not enough to be overpowering at all and two the system to get a full set of 258 has a clear cut path that doesn't revolve om any RNG like the GC system so you wonder why the devs aren't really responding is because you are acting like chicken little acting like the sky is falling when it isn't the current system for 258 gear is pretty much like any other MMO endgame gearing system where over a short period of time you can fully gear your character.

Can you please stay on topic. I’m asking for the Devs in the feed back section to discuss this. There is no reason to turn yet another thread into an argument.

Can you please stay on topic. I’m asking for the Devs in the feed back section to discuss this. There is no reason to turn yet another thread into an argument.

I am staying on topic as I am explaining why they aren't going to bother and why you are making a big deal out of nothing.

I am staying on topic as I am explaining why they aren't going to bother and why you are making a big deal out of nothing.

I think you should stop and just let them decide. I won’t be responding to you again.

Edited by Totemdancer

I think you should stop an djust let them decide. I won’t be responding to you again.

i'd say the same thing to you about your complaints about the system but you don't seem to be listening and carefully taking in what i am telling you just look and read my response and come at it from a non partisan point of view and you might realize that what I am saying makes sense.

I too would like the Devs to discuss this topic with the players. There are currently 6 threads based around this topic and all are active.

In fairness though... what would them talking about it actually achieve? They have already communicated about this gear in a live stream... quite a lot actually.. for them. Some players simply don't like what they hear and want/hope for a different response. I certainly do not see studio comments changing any player narratives on this topic.

They can explain until they are blue in the face why they are doing what they are doing... but if it follows every other such discussion between players and studio over the years.. anything they say will just be weaponized against them to propagate even more complaint threads and stir up even more passion and emotion.

Edited by Andryah

I too would like the Devs to discuss this topic with the players. There are currently 6 threads based around this topic and all are active.

They are also largely redundant with one another too, which is normal around here. :)

In fact.. players are spending time now cross coupling posts between the threads because people like you are asking players (in every one of the threads) to provide specifics on efficient use of the planned pathways to gear. ;)

I know you are playing a bit of catch up on this particular topic... but we really have, as a forum, .. largely discussed all this pretty thoroughly already and are now on retreads. I think Totem wants a studio comment here to provide more fodder for fueling complaining... just like when I asked Eric for what is planned with bolster and once Eric answered Totem immediately weaponized it and created yet another thread. :)

Edited by Andryah

They won't, unless people start again leaving in masses like 5.0. Then we might get a live streaming for damage control. Good old EA. The fact that you can't buy MH/OH with masterwork shards and that mods and enchartments are bound to specific pieces of gear should tell you everything you need to know. They really want you to waste your time doing content that you may not enjoy and they want to bump cartel market sales. Everything we see is by design. They purposely try to screw you.

In the end it all comes down to this : it's a gamble from their part for a potentially one last cash crab. Most likely 6.0 is some light years away if it ever comes. I mean, if Anthem flops, its rip.

They won't, unless people start again leaving in masses like 5.0. Then we might get a live streaming for damage control. Good old EA. The fact that you can't buy MH/OH with masterwork shards and that mods and enchartments are bound to specific pieces of gear should tell you everything you need to know. They really want you to waste your time doing content that you may not enjoy and they want to bump cartel market sales. Everything we see is by design. They purposely try to screw you.

In the end it all comes down to this : it's a gamble from their part for a potentially one last cash crab. Most likely 6.0 is some light years away if it ever comes. I mean, if Anthem flops, its rip.

Someone understands basically what is occurring.

OP, you have your answer. You don't need it from BioWare.

Pretty much this.

It’s so sad that they won’t even publicly discuss the topic. There are now more threads/posts and discussions on 5.10 gearing than anything else coming in 5.10.

The feed back and push back against the gearing should have their attention and they should be addressing it, even if it’s to say theyve seen it or to tell us to piss off if we don’t like it.

The continued silence is dividing parts of the community (and the trolls are out to capitalise) and it’s causing enough apathy in others that they aren’t even going to stick around to see what 5.10 will be like.

I find it in conceivable that they haven’t seen all of the negative feed back. I also can’t understand why the community manager can’t pop into the threads and try to calm them down or say something.

For that matter I can’t understand why some questions he answers are only on twitter and not on the official forums. Sometimes I even wonder if he is reading the forums or if he is only a community manager in name and is actually doing stuff on Anthem instead.