Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

So, for those who haven't noticed, there are two hoods on the Revan chest-piece; the obvious one, which sits nicely on your head, and for some reason a second, which lays down your back.

Obviously, that's a bug, so having it fixed would be great. However, I might also suggest adding a cape to the chest, since we all know that Revan in KotOR wore a cape, and capes just make everything better. And... still not sure how I feel about those "shoulder-roll" things. Maybe it would look better with the cape, though?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you referring to the Revan's chestpiece vs the classic Revan's chestpiece?

I know that those two are different and the classic has the hood down. I kind of thought they had the them both available to give us the option of hood up or down. I don't really see how there could be a problem with that. If its some other issue that I'm just not seeing, then pay no attention to me and I hope it gets fixed.

I wouldn't exactely call it a bug... Revan himself (the NPC) has two hoods and... Well, what's wrong with that? I often end up with two hoods, one being the jacket's and one the sweatshirt's. If you'd argue why a single item would have 2 hoods... Well, that's style :p Edited by Lurtzello

Revan's chest plate got visibly lighter, from nice evil black to a grey color after an update. It really contrasts with the lower robe and may bother players. And there are is still an issue of two hoods. :-]

And those shoulder-rolls the OP mentions... Here is how Revan looks without them (what the OP would prefer his armor to looks like, I suppose). I'd prefer to get entirely new chest piece like this at some stage. :)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111227164741/swtor/images/7/78/Revan1.png

I don't get it, though... In the past I made so many posts about double hoods. It affects more than Revan's armor :)

Just slap "classic" Revan's chest plate into packs with removed "shoulder roll" like you did with the stuff in the past and voila. Maybe even take a hood off, like on the picture.

And since Revan stacks hoods for power and if you wonder why he didn't beat the Sith Emperor... Well, watch the cinematics again and see how many hoods the Emperor has himself :D

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have been complaining about this FOR MONTHS.

But I'd prefer it without the cape as is. IT WONT CLIP through my meditation chair.

/sadface

And Eric, DON'T FORGET THE COLOR BUG.

What the color of Revan's set should be before 1.6.1

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

What they are now......

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

Edited by Magnusheart

And those shoulder-rolls the OP mentions... Here is how Revan looks without them (what the OP would prefer his armor to looks like, I suppose). I'd prefer to get entirely new chest piece like this at some stage. :)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111227164741/swtor/images/7/78/Revan1.png

Well as long as the "shoulderless" chest would be called classic, and would not replace the current one, because the current one is the one from foundry and I for one like it that way.

Are you referring to the Revan's chestpiece vs the classic Revan's chestpiece?

I know that those two are different and the classic has the hood down. I kind of thought they had the them both available to give us the option of hood up or down. I don't really see how there could be a problem with that. If its some other issue that I'm just not seeing, then pay no attention to me and I hope it gets fixed.

It's a BUG.

Basically when he has his hood up he has a 2nd hood down. AND when you get rid of the hood up by wearing a hood-removing headpiece, half of the 1st hood remains giving you 1.5 hoods.

I repeat even when he has hood down, he still has 1.5 hoods:(

While you are at it, please look into the colors for the revan chest, as someone mentioned earlier, it is far, far too light. It should be a real black color, you know, like the phantom set.

Now the lower robes look much darker than the chest piece. Please fix this by 2.0~~~ Revan set should be something iconic and legendary, not riddled with these various issues that seemingly linger around indefinitely.

Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation. :rak_03:

-eric

This other Cartel set, Investigators set also has two hoods as well. Nor does it cape Revan style cape. And while I'm here can we get a reskin black deep purple of the Phantoms/Revan style chest piece? Thx

I actually like the current color. However I definitely would like the multiple hood taken away, along with the "shoulder rolls"

I don't think I'd care for a cape either, as that would clip with everything.

Just my opinion.

So, for those who haven't noticed, there are two hoods on the Revan chest-piece; the obvious one, which sits nicely on your head, and for some reason a second, which lays down your back.

Obviously, that's a bug, so having it fixed would be great. However, I might also suggest adding a cape to the chest, since we all know that Revan in KotOR wore a cape, and capes just make everything better. And... still not sure how I feel about those "shoulder-roll" things. Maybe it would look better with the cape, though?

The shoulder rolls as you put it are a ridiculous addition. They need to remove it. fix the color as well, to a darker black, add the cape in addition to getting rid of the second hood.

The set will be ruined with a cape. Capes in this games mechanics are horrible. You want a cape on it to go flapping out of the throne and meditation chair?

No.

Reason why Bioware DIDNT PUT A CAPE IN 1.0, Clipping errors would just suck. Thats why I love the set. NO Jedi back butt flaps, No clipping failure cape. IF they add a cape, it better damn well be a entirely different chestpeice or else it will be the classic and normal cartel item set fiasco all over again.

However, the bug fixes of the darker robes and the two hoods and the lower robe brown yes.

Edited by Magnusheart

if they made a new revan gear set to match the KOTOR version they could always call it "Darth Revan's..." that would solve it i think. and i would like the cape but its unfortunate theres so many issues with it. tho its wat u expect when u make move so realistically lol

What I can't understand is the hood bug. Why is this taking so long to fix?

Look at my thread making history. I have suggested and reported all 5 of Revan's set bugs since December 20th. To prevent necroing I tried hard to keep people noticing this annoying eyesore of a bug.

1. Helm still clips with body type 3 male

2. Revan's Chestplate, Investigator's Robe, and the Pathfinder Chestpeice all have 2 sets of hoods.

3. Chestplate became Light Grey in 1.6.1 look at my sig thread for the pictures, too lazy to link them.

4. Revan's Lower robe while graphically fixed in 1.6.2 became brown on default.

5. No Classic Revan's Chestplate using the Maelstrom Prison Revan was used, or the Classic Revan's Robes using the old passed off set version.

However, I wouldn't be suprised if they made a DARTH REVAN'S Chest / Leggs to look like the KOTOR Revan so people can enjoy the mesh clippings of a opened robe and cape. I have a PC Revan Kotor Mod and despite how nice it looks, it is horrified with clipping errors. and I think the current version gives it justice.

Edited by Magnusheart

1. Helm still clips with body type 3 male

2. Revan's Chestplate, Investigator's Robe, and the Pathfinder Chestpeice all have 2 sets of hoods.

3. Chestplate became Light Grey in 1.6.1 look at my sig thread for the pictures, too lazy to link them.

4. Revan's Lower robe while graphically fixed in 1.6.2 became brown on default.

5. No Classic Revan's Chestplate using the Maelstrom Prison Revan was used, or the Classic Revan's Robes using the old passed off set version.

Before asking something brand new, lets hope they fix the current.

I agree take a look plz. YO BW where do you see rolled shoulder garbage?

It's revans armor don't reuse an armor template and reskin.

IMO the set is buged.

http://www.wallpaperbeautiful.com/Abstract/Arts/star_wars_artwork_darth_revan_knights_of_the_old_republic_darth_malak_revan_1920x1080_wallpaper_13038

Revan is so strong he stacks hoods for power!!!

I will pass this on for investigation. :rak_03:

-eric

Investigation?!

This has been going on for months! We have posted about it repeatedly!

And you are just now "passing it on for investigation"?!