Was Tank damage reduced more than intended?

DDaMAGEr

Just checked mah Vanguard - l remembered Neural Surge (AoE stun) dealt 1082 max damage before update (full 248, with 236 augments). Now it deals 974 max damage. l would understand reduced damage of Energy Blast, or Ion Wave with proc, but what's about Neural Surge. It's certainly not among powers with incoming nerf. Is this intended? Edited by DDaMAGEr

They completely nerfed ion cell damage by 20% period. So yeah.

Ion Cell just adds some extra damage and a dot to ranged attacks, stockstrike and high impact bolt, it doesn't affect Neural Surge (or most other attacks for that matter, it's really just stockstrie, HiB and basic attack).

To DDaMAGEr if this is indeed true, that's very odd, I can't find anything in the announced changes or the patch notes that should reduce its damage. Sounds fishy

Ion Cell just adds some extra damage and a dot to ranged attacks, stockstrike and high impact bolt, it doesn't affect Neural Surge (or most other attacks for that matter, it's really just stockstrie, HiB and basic attack).

To DDaMAGEr if this is indeed true, that's very odd, I can't find anything in the announced changes or the patch notes that should reduce its damage. Sounds fishy

Ion cell affects everything in the PT abilities while active. Same for any other powercell. Nerf it's overall damage, every ability takes a nose dive.

Just checked mah Vanguard - l remembered Neural Surge (AoE stun) dealt 1082 max damage before update (full 248, with 236 augments). Now it deals 974 max damage. l would understand reduced damage of Energy Blast, or Ion Wave with proc, but what's about Neural Surge. It's certainly not among powers with incoming nerf. Is this intended?

So I recall reading about some passives not working correctly and being fixed.

1082 down to 974 is a loss of 10%

One of the things Ion Cell is meant to do is reduce all your damage by 10%

Guess that bit wasn't turned on all this time eh.

I'm about to do stuff but you can check how correct that is by swapping specs and seeing how much the damage on a neutral ability changes by.

Nvm I felt like checking it myself. You do indeed lose exactly 10% by going into Shield spec. So either you remembered wrongly and were looking at damage while in a different spec. Or the passive damage reduction wasn't working until this patch.

Edited by Gyronamics

Ion cell affects everything in the PT abilities while active. Same for any other powercell. Nerf it's overall damage, every ability takes a nose dive.

The thing that got its damage reduced by 20% is the actual damage part of Ion Cell, which by default has a 15% chance to trigger of Ranged attacks (which is to say basic attacks), it also procs of Stockstrike and HiB (the latter also affecting enemies close by). They did NOT reduce all damage by 20% with that change, if they did we would've seen a significantly larger damage drop.