Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Solo


Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.08.2018 , 07:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
What was a surprise, was how Han, who just had his crew and new friends killed by this Nest, quickly teams up with her. Reminded me of how all the big baddies in Suicide Squad were all "We're family!" when they were together for, at most, a day.

It was dumb writing imo.
You mean like how Han takes off with his cash in Episode IV and suddenly comes back to save the day in the middle of a warzone and then wants to leave again in Ep V and ends up being a general in Ep VI?
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
07.08.2018 , 09:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You mean like how Han takes off with his cash in Episode IV and suddenly comes back to save the day in the middle of a warzone and then wants to leave again in Ep V and ends up being a general in Ep VI?
The "comes back to save the day" thing is foreshadowed fairly strongly in Han's response to Chewbacca after Luke leaves them to go find his fighter, especially since Chewie's remark isn't subtitled, so we don't know what his complaint was. The exchange might easily be:
* Chewie: You idiot, what do you think you're doing going off to shadow them on this attack?
* Han: I know what I'm doing.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.08.2018 , 11:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The "comes back to save the day" thing is foreshadowed fairly strongly in Han's response to Chewbacca after Luke leaves them to go find his fighter, especially since Chewie's remark isn't subtitled, so we don't know what his complaint was. The exchange might easily be:
* Chewie: You idiot, what do you think you're doing going off to shadow them on this attack?
* Han: I know what I'm doing.
Well I don't think it's actually bad writing but I wanted to demonstrate that he's being inconsistent in his judgment about Han Solo...at least in my view.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
07.08.2018 , 03:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well I don't think it's actually bad writing but I wanted to demonstrate that he's being inconsistent in his judgment about Han Solo...at least in my view.
Two different things.

Taking his cash and coming back to help in the fight the Empire, is different than automatically teaming with those who's goal was to kill you and your team if you got in the way.

Not to mention, he could have easily saved the day and then taken that reward to Jabba. Helping those who murdered his crew/friends because "Oh. You just kill anyone and everyone who gets in your way, because you're part of a rebellion." does not seem forgiveness worthy to me.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.09.2018 , 07:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Two different things.

Taking his cash and coming back to help in the fight the Empire, is different than automatically teaming with those who's goal was to kill you and your team if you got in the way.

Not to mention, he could have easily saved the day and then taken that reward to Jabba. Helping those who murdered his crew/friends because "Oh. You just kill anyone and everyone who gets in your way, because you're part of a rebellion." does not seem forgiveness worthy to me.
Weeeeeell, I don't think they're that different. The events are different, that I agree with but this is about his character. He's the roguish character that when needed shoots first but when it involves a woman and a good cause, well....things change.

I do believe in both Solo and Ep IV-VI it involved a woman and a good cause in the end. And that's where I see the similarity.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
07.09.2018 , 12:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Weeeeeell, I don't think they're that different. The events are different, that I agree with but this is about his character. He's the roguish character that when needed shoots first but when it involves a woman and a good cause, well....things change.

I do believe in both Solo and Ep IV-VI it involved a woman and a good cause in the end. And that's where I see the similarity.
Oh. Okay. Because it turned out to be a woman, he changed his mind. At least with Leia one could say he had in some way fallen for her. With Nest, less that and just "Woman needs me."

Okay. From that perspective, I see it.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry