Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Struggling with breaking 10k dps - what gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Struggling with breaking 10k dps - what gear?

wadecounty
04.11.2018 , 12:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Does every parser do that? Why?
It simulates ideal combat conditions, where all potential debuffs are placed on the target. You buy it from the same droid that sells the health modifier so it makes sense to apply it.
Kandel - Juggernaut Ležf - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

LordTurin
04.11.2018 , 12:45 PM | #12
Does every parser do that? Why?
Yes. It applies the debuffs that would normally be applied by other classes in raid (especially the armor debuff from arsenal and a few other classes).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Alec_Fortescue
04.11.2018 , 12:54 PM | #13
Ok so how do I get to 10.9 or 11k?

wadecounty
04.11.2018 , 01:12 PM | #14
Ok so how do I get to 10.9 or 11k?
Luck basically. The perfect parses all have high crit rates. Stuff like good timing on Hew procs, crits on the right abilities (Impale instead of dots for example), relic procs at the right moment, all that stuff. Its not really important unless you're parsing for e-peen.

Alec_Fortescue
04.11.2018 , 01:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Luck basically. The perfect parses all have high crit rates. Stuff like good timing on Hew procs, crits on the right abilities (Impale instead of dots for example), relic procs at the right moment, all that stuff. Its not really important unless you're parsing for e-peen.
I am trying to delay Vicious Throw until I get at least one proc, yes. Trying to maximize the dmg :a

wadecounty
04.11.2018 , 01:18 PM | #16
I am trying to delay Vicious Throw until I get at least one proc, yes. Trying to maximize the dmg :a
I mean it depends what your goals are. If your goal is to have the best parse, analyze what the top 10 or so did, and try to emulate them but get luckier. If your goal is to do good enough DPS to raid any content, I think you're probably fine and there's no point continuing to stress about it.

memerobot
04.12.2018 , 07:52 AM | #17
Lucky crits. That's all
If you pull 9.5k, anyway, it is already good.
If you are aiming for higher, just continue to parse until you get higher.

JediLarson
04.12.2018 , 10:01 AM | #18
The fact that youíre trying to get better is half the battle for rotation muscle memory and getting the most out of your class. Your parse is just fine.

I personally like this parse list better http://parsely.io/parser/stats because it shows the average parse for the classes. If youíre above that, I see no need to keep kicking yourself over and over trying to get a top spot (Iím not saying pushing oneís self hurts of course). Too much RNG / luck along with a huge time waste.

Alec_Fortescue
04.13.2018 , 12:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post
Lucky crits. That's all
If you pull 9.5k, anyway, it is already good.
If you are aiming for higher, just continue to parse until you get higher.
Consistent 10k+

Quote: Originally Posted by JediLarson View Post
The fact that youíre trying to get better is half the battle for rotation muscle memory and getting the most out of your class. Your parse is just fine.

I personally like this parse list better http://parsely.io/parser/stats because it shows the average parse for the classes. If youíre above that, I see no need to keep kicking yourself over and over trying to get a top spot (Iím not saying pushing oneís self hurts of course). Too much RNG / luck along with a huge time waste.
Yeah, way above that. I was pulling my hair out because I didn't know people are using debuff thing. I had 9600 many times without the armor debuff applied xd

Alec_Fortescue
04.13.2018 , 05:41 PM | #20
Tried something, rotation was very off and didn't feel good at all (core abilities overlapped each other!) but this is my highest so far.
http://parsely.io/parser/view/366925

Edit:

Opener MATTERS. I get better results with vigilant thrust overlapping my 3 big hitters:
http://parsely.io/parser/view/366926

Noticed that top parses sometimes use odd openers which do cause core abilities to overlap each other later on.
Also tried Critical Stim.