Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make Rage more durable

wadecounty
03.01.2018 , 07:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Ya wut? And the fact that it is a fantastic additional dcd for someone else on your team, even as a dps it should be used pretty often. That's like saying dps jugs shouldn't be taunting on cd.
Its mediocre as a defensive tool since the damage reduction is multiplicative not additive. However its still a nice extra tool, and the repositioning it offers is huge and can be a gamechanger when used well.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

AdjeYo
03.02.2018 , 04:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Its mediocre as a defensive tool since the damage reduction is multiplicative not additive. However its still a nice extra tool, and the repositioning it offers is huge and can be a gamechanger when used well.
It's 20% damage reduced, with an additional 10% if you take the relevant utility, that's quite a good defensive tool if you ask me, and completely broken if it were additive.

wadecounty
03.02.2018 , 12:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
It's 20% damage reduced, with an additional 10% if you take the relevant utility, that's quite a good defensive tool if you ask me, and completely broken if it were additive.
Completely broken if it were additive, debatable, since the Jugg has to sacrifice a GCD to use it. As is, just an example, if someone has 20% DR to begin with, even with the utility taken, Intercede is only raising that to 26% DR for 6 seconds. It would make almost no difference at all in a scenario where a target is being bursted, and negligible in terms of overall damage prevented in a slugfest against a dot spread team.

I'm not saying make it additive, just that in its current form it really isn't that powerful at all. If you made it additive it'd be useful, though far from broken (I reserve broken for abilities that allow you to tank focus fire on short cooldown, like Ruthless Aggressor and Merc reflect). The bigger issue is it'd be a very unique tool to Juggs that no other class gets, and whether its considered fair, that being the ability to give a substantial DR boost to teammates with decent uptime.

EDIT: Actually let me correct myself, it would be broken if people utilized it in a 2 Jugg tank scenario, they could intercede each other and be at 80% DR everytime. As is, since its multiplicative, it already benefits more if you do it to another tank or heavy armor user, did the math and a Jugg tank would effectively have 65% DR after being interceded (50 x 1.3).

LordTurin
03.02.2018 , 03:24 PM | #24
Completely broken if it were additive, debatable, since the Jugg has to sacrifice a GCD to use it. As is, just an example, if someone has 20% DR to begin with, even with the utility taken, Intercede is only raising that to 26% DR for 6 seconds. It would make almost no difference at all in a scenario where a target is being bursted, and negligible in terms of overall damage prevented in a slugfest against a dot spread team.

I'm not saying make it additive, just that in its current form it really isn't that powerful at all. If you made it additive it'd be useful, though far from broken (I reserve broken for abilities that allow you to tank focus fire on short cooldown, like Ruthless Aggressor and Merc reflect). The bigger issue is it'd be a very unique tool to Juggs that no other class gets, and whether its considered fair, that being the ability to give a substantial DR boost to teammates with decent uptime.

EDIT: Actually let me correct myself, it would be broken if people utilized it in a 2 Jugg tank scenario, they could intercede each other and be at 80% DR everytime. As is, since its multiplicative, it already benefits more if you do it to another tank or heavy armor user, did the math and a Jugg tank would effectively have 65% DR after being interceded (50 x 1.3).
You have the multiplicative part backwards. It doesn't multiply by what the current DR is, it multiplies by what is not DR'd and adds that.

So a class that is sitting at 5% DR will have 5% + (.2*95%)=24% dr for 6 seconds. If the class is at 30% dr, the end DR will be 30%+(.2*70%)=44%. In the example you gave, it'll actually raise the DR from 20% to 36%, which is a pretty big jump for a DCD that is on a 20 second cd, and would certainly make a difference in a scenario a healer is being bursted.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

wadecounty
03.02.2018 , 05:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
You have the multiplicative part backwards. It doesn't multiply by what the current DR is, it multiplies by what is not DR'd and adds that.

So a class that is sitting at 5% DR will have 5% + (.2*95%)=24% dr for 6 seconds. If the class is at 30% dr, the end DR will be 30%+(.2*70%)=44%. In the example you gave, it'll actually raise the DR from 20% to 36%, which is a pretty big jump for a DCD that is on a 20 second cd, and would certainly make a difference in a scenario a healer is being bursted.
Hmm you're right, I remember a long time ago I crunched the numbers on Intercede and it didn't impress me, I'll have to do it again sometime, maybe test with a guildie using an attack with a static damage amount.

AdjeYo
03.02.2018 , 06:59 PM | #26
Hmm you're right, I remember a long time ago I crunched the numbers on Intercede and it didn't impress me, I'll have to do it again sometime, maybe test with a guildie using an attack with a static damage amount.
The multiplicative value is a lot more insightful than the additive value, so not that much to number crunch. Let me put it this way, if you don't intercede, your target takes some damage, it mitigates a bit and what's left over is the damage they'll normally take, intercede just straight up shaves 20% off that damage, which is very noticeable, considering it's a 6 second duration on a 20 second cooldown.

AdjeYo
03.02.2018 , 07:09 PM | #27
It'd make even a sorcs energy/kinetic DR shoot to tank levels and internal/elemental DR beyond that of tanks, I'd call that pretty broken on an ability with a 6 second duration on a 15 second cooldown.

Alec_Fortescue
03.11.2018 , 08:43 AM | #28
both rage and vengeance need some buffs to bring them up to speed and make them vaible in current meta. Our dcds are heavily outdated. I was making a big thread but i hit backspace. :S

Alec_Fortescue
03.11.2018 , 09:06 AM | #29
Massive, nearly passive DR and 18 seconds of cc ( Guaranteed 12 + 6 secs of 75% from overpowered obfu) immunity, 3-5 seconds of god mode and possibility of a reset to heal to full mara lecturing people about ****** rage spec. xDDDDDDD Being able to heal for funny amounts means nothing in the meta where 25k crits are regular occurrence to a heavy armor class and you have no damage reduction, anti focus and worst melee mobility and your dcds have extremely easy counter play (reflect and ed).

DarthSealth
03.13.2018 , 01:24 PM | #30
The guy is trying to lecture how Fury works and yet he thinks Rage has a CC immunity, that says it all right there.
Yeah I got the Intercede purge incorrect because I havent played for months and I knew it had a effect.

For Fury you use to have to always use ravage on berserk to maximise Fury stacks but I guess theyve fixed the rage/Fury management?

Also this is a thread to do with Juggernauts not Marauders they belong to different advance trees.
East End ,Londoner. Cockney a dying breed.
British equates (Sarcasm x Endearment)
Just my referral link:-
http://www.swtor.com/r/FjCtpt