Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative in PVE, Leveling (and Energy Management)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Operative in PVE, Leveling (and Energy Management)

drecksnamenwahl
07.28.2017 , 09:30 AM | #1
Hi,
I am a returning player and i want to complete all the class stories that i have not done yet and i want to decide which classes i like to play (PVE only) later in endgame content. Do not want to focus on to many classes.
Right now: Operative, Lethality, Leveling. I really do not know if i like this class in PVE, seeing that i have to get upclose to do damage and as of now (lvl 15) energy management is absolutely horrible for me.
So my questions:
- Lethality Operative good for PVE-Content?
- LO good for Leveling?
- Energy Management: Does it get better? Because i run out of energy SO fast.

I just do not want to waste my time on an Operative when the Sniper is better (Damage, PVE, Leveling) overall.

masterceil
07.28.2017 , 10:59 AM | #2
At max level, energy management currently is not an issue. The rotation, executed well, will see you never run out of energy. You'll never get very solid ranged attacks, but you can stealth through a lot of vanilla content (KotFE/KotET is a different story).

Note that Lethality is almost certainly going to be nerfed on 22 August, and energy management may or may not be a factor there. Musco did just say that they're looking to go into more detail about the pending class changes next week, so stay tuned.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Lupolus
08.06.2017 , 04:56 PM | #3
I much prefer Concealment for low leveling.
So low levels goes like this (up to level 41): Stealth, Backstab, Shiv (produce), Corrove Dart(dot), Laceration (consume), Laceration, Laceration.
You can only do Laceration if you have a Tactical Advantage. Its like producing and consuming
At later stage Laceration becomes Veiled Strike, but is in essence same.
Now, based upon that theme you can add a stun with Debilitate, Kolto Probe (hot) to heal yourself, and other stuff.

But the basic idea is to do straight from the start great damage. Backstab, dead. Debilitate, he cant do a thing, shiv, noxious knives, Laceration, dead. Laceration, laceration, dead.

At level 20, sleep dart, make one guy go to sleep for one minute.

At level 26 you get Cruppling Slice, which prevents them from moving (doesn 't work always), so this helps to get another backstab. But at level 42 Volatile Substance, this changes a bit. And of course at level 51 you get Exfiltrate (a roll) , which is amazing.
Hope this gets you started, I haven't told everything, just some key aspects.

Energy wise, Concealment can run into energy issues if the fight is tedious long; Lethality doesn't have that issue (that prob will change).

scottsaxman
09.03.2017 , 10:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lupolus View Post
I much prefer Concealment for low leveling.
So low levels goes like this (up to level 41): Stealth, Backstab, Shiv (produce), Corrove Dart(dot), Laceration (consume), Laceration, Laceration.
You can only do Laceration if you have a Tactical Advantage. Its like producing and consuming
At later stage Laceration becomes Veiled Strike, but is in essence same.
Now, based upon that theme you can add a stun with Debilitate, Kolto Probe (hot) to heal yourself, and other stuff.

But the basic idea is to do straight from the start great damage. Backstab, dead. Debilitate, he cant do a thing, shiv, noxious knives, Laceration, dead. Laceration, laceration, dead.

At level 20, sleep dart, make one guy go to sleep for one minute.

At level 26 you get Cruppling Slice, which prevents them from moving (doesn 't work always), so this helps to get another backstab. But at level 42 Volatile Substance, this changes a bit. And of course at level 51 you get Exfiltrate (a roll) , which is amazing.
Hope this gets you started, I haven't told everything, just some key aspects.

Energy wise, Concealment can run into energy issues if the fight is tedious long; Lethality doesn't have that issue (that prob will change).
Actually, leveling the dot spec is pretty terrible for energy and you don't lose the position requirements for backstab until much later. Critical dot ticks refund 2 energy later, but while leveling, you don't have enough crit to make it work. And all that was before they added energy cost to toxic blast. Kephess have mercy on the lowbie operative.

Don't forget the little thermal grenade that does a little AOE and knocks down weak mobs. I think that may be the most under rated skill in the play book.