Does Lvling Now Make Sending Gear to Alts Useless?

Bookworm_Jedi

I think I'm totally in the use outfit designer + misions/heroic gear mode to save cash on mods now. But I was crafting some low lv gear for my scorc, just to slap on over my korriban greens once I got to DK proper.

Can my synth!scorc craft maybe a few blue pieces and send them to my new smuggler? I'm just kinda annoyed that while lvling fast is good, it's making skills like synthweaving obsolete for my new toons so they can't get good gear.

Some armor pieces may be desirable to use in the outfit designer, but actually used as armor for stats...not worth the time/credits. As stated, you will get more gear than you will know what to do with. Use that for stats, and learn how to use the outfit designer for looks. Really nice system once you figure it out.

Can my synth!scorc craft maybe a few blue pieces and send them to my new smuggler? I'm just kinda annoyed that while lvling fast is good, it's making skills like synthweaving obsolete for my new toons so they can't get good gear.

So long as you are not way overleveling content then IMO it is worth crafting equipment for alts. I've used this example before because it is such a stark difference: crafted equipment for a level 24 character purple gear is rating 86. Rating 86 item modifications require level 34 to use. That means if you are playing a level 24 character on Tattooine that character will have better stats than anything else available and that gear will still be very good through Alderaan where level sync peaks at level 34; but if you are level 24 on CS or DK then level sync nerfs the benefits.

That said, if you have DvL XP gear you should be using that :p.