The Search for Dreadseed (Or Star forager)

So looking to see how many other people think the fact that digging up the rare item screws everyone else looking for it.

I feel like the area should deplete only for you when you find it. You have to come back in 2 hours to search again. But if I find it, joe schmo still searching can keep looking.

Such a poor design IMO.

Anyone else? Support or disagree, accompany it with reasons and justification. Facts only, no speculation.

When one site is depleted another becomes active. you dont have to wait 2 hours or 2 seconds, just move.

Strictly speaking tatooine....

there's 3 areas to search. They only contain 1 rare item and then you have to move to another. You find all 3 rares and you have to wait 2 hours before you can search those areas again. Unless you switch instance.

Last night there were 3 instances on my server. 9 spots every 2 hours basically. There were at any given time 15 people searching per instance. I see a problem here...

The head and gloves only come from those 3 spots. I found the helm after fighting with other people for 4 hours. (I only got 1 rare item in that time.)

In the interest of fairness, it should be based on if you found it or not. Not if anyone has found it or not.

Strictly speaking tatooine....

there's 3 areas to search. They only contain 1 rare item and then you have to move to another. You find all 3 rares and you have to wait 2 hours before you can search those areas again. Unless you switch instance.

Last night there were 3 instances on my server. 9 spots every 2 hours basically. There were at any given time 15 people searching per instance. I see a problem here...

The head and gloves only come from those 3 spots. I found the helm after fighting with other people for 4 hours. (I only got 1 rare item in that time.)

In the interest of fairness, it should be based on if you found it or not. Not if anyone has found it or not.

No, there are 3 sites that show up on binos but thats not the only 3 places.

What ticks me off is that the "Droid detection" system seems completely rubbish. I just dig in random places and find all sorts of loot, yet when you follow the droids direction, its almost always nothing there. I found a whole heap of epics just from random digging, or sometimes, just digging in the same spot repeatedly.

What ticks me off is that the "Droid detection" system seems completely rubbish. I just dig in random places and find all sorts of loot, yet when you follow the droids direction, its almost always nothing there. I found a whole heap of epics just from random digging, or sometimes, just digging in the same spot repeatedly.

Yeah... it's dumb. Even if you come up with a red circle after digging meaning you need to move.. you can continue to dig up junk. You just lose the chance to get the rare piece.

I finished my Dreadseed set today and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The last two pieces actually took the longest. I took me probably 4-5 hours on Hoth in the non-depletable area to find the boots and a couple hours this morning on Makeb to find the greaves.

• 1 month later...
Whoever designed this stupid farm grind needs to be fired! I've spent the past 6 days on Tat going from one dig site the next until each one is depleted, switch zones and repeat. On ave 3-8hrs a day and have only found 1 pair of dreadseed gloves. Mind you I'm after the helmet but this is the most ridiculous grind for gear I really HATE BW for this.