6.0 Gearing and Content - An explanation from a PTS player

ZionHalcyon

Wait, will all current gear lose the set bonuses that are on there once 6.0 hits?

Yes and no. The set bonuses remain, but only up to level 74 (included). From level 75, they are disabled. Also armorings lose set bonuses and they will be transfered to shells.

And wait wut, is EV NiM coming back?

I don't know. But I doubt it. Confirmation on this would be nice though.

Edited by black_pyros

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do i get it right that all raids except the new one will not be updated to lvl. 75 and there are no gear updates necessary for them except new set-bonus that probably is fairly easy to get and tactical item? sorry if that has been answered i didnt read the entire thread.

So do i get it right that all raids except the new one will not be updated to lvl. 75 and there are no gear updates necessary for them except new set-bonus that probably is fairly easy to get and tactical item? sorry if that has been answered i didnt read the entire thread.

Not sure I completely grasp the question, so let me just explain what is going to happen.

Other than the new Raid on Dxun, all other raids will be returned to their original debuted level (50 for EV and KP, whatever the debut level was for the others).

There will be a level sync put into place in those raids that downlevels players to the level of the content.

Because of this, everyone's existing gear will be MORE than enough to take on those raids at the hardest levels, if they were able to do those raids before, even if you hit level 75 and lose your legacy set bonus if you have one.

The new top end gear is set up for the Dxun raid. It won't be needed for prior raids.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Not sure I completely grasp the question, so let me just explain what is going to happen.

Other than the new Raid on Dxun, all other raids will be returned to their original debuted level (50 for EV and KP, whatever the debut level was for the others).

There will be a level sync put into place in those raids that downlevels players to the level of the content.

Because of this, everyone's existing gear will be MORE than enough to take on those raids at the hardest levels, if they were able to do those raids before, even if you hit level 75 and lose your legacy set bonus if you have one.

The new top end gear is set up for the Dxun raid. It won't be needed for prior raids.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I’ll just add to this too. When you get scaled down to those levels for the Ops / raids etc, it puts a cap on mastery, power and endurance. Only secondary stats will stay the same. So it will still be a good idea to try and get those secondary stats correct.

I’ll just add to this too. When you get scaled down to those levels for the Ops / raids etc, it puts a cap on mastery, power and endurance. Only secondary stats will stay the same. So it will still be a good idea to try and get those secondary stats correct.

Yeah it's a good solution really cause you do need those secondary stats to be right regardless. I'm really happy with this actually because it makes so much more sense to use level sync like this than bolster ever did.

True - although I can say in practice, even with the stats not optimal, the raids in the current top gear trend on the easier side.

Just something else to be buggy come 6.0.

You ought to have more faith in BW, these guys are professionals and been launching expansions nearly as long as you been alive. Don't worry 6.0 is going to land with great success. Meaning, very few bugs if any at all. Stay up!

You ought to have more faith in BW, these guys are professionals and been launching expansions nearly as long as you been alive. Don't worry 6.0 is going to land with great success. Meaning, very few bugs if any at all. Stay up!

Ummmm

Someone needs to verify the ownership of this account ASAP !

:D:D:D

Personally, I think the downscaling vs upscaling is silly. Other than showing off the new raid because all the others are no longer "level 75" it's all semantics. Just something else to be buggy come 6.0.

I never advocate for easier content, but some NiM bosses are semi-broken because they were scaled up to 70. So doing the opposite -- scaling PLAYERS to the NiM operation's level -- might actually be a good idea. And if it means BW can spend more time creating operations without having to scale each of them every time 5 levels are added, then I'm for trying that system at least.

I never advocate for easier content, but some NiM bosses are semi-broken because they were scaled up to 70. So doing the opposite -- scaling PLAYERS to the NiM operation's level -- might actually be a good idea. And if it means BW can spend more time creating operations without having to scale each of them every time 5 levels are added, then I'm for trying that system at least.

What's the difference in giving the boss more health/damage and nerfing the players? It's pure semantics

Edit: is doing say taris at 70 really the same as doing taris at 20? The answer is no - the tertiary stats don't scale and they don't take your abilities away, ergo you arent really level 20.

Edited by KendraP

What's the difference in giving the boss more health/damage and nerfing the players? It's pure semantics

Edit: is doing say taris at 70 really the same as doing taris at 20? The answer is no - the tertiary stats don't scale and they don't take your abilities away, ergo you arent really level 20.

Because each mob, each add, each boss is unique to the operation, while a player is one of four classes. And think of your example in reverse, if the devs scaled each planet up to level 70 - each mob, each add, each boss, each quest vs each of 4 classes. Which is easier and quicker to balance?

I'm just speculating here without any real data.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

LoL, People who don’t know you, haven’t realised how dry your sarcasm can be sometimes :cool:

Because each mob, each add, each boss is unique to the operation, while a player is one of four classes. And think of your example in reverse, if the devs scaled each planet up to level 70 - each mob, each add, each boss, each quest vs each of 4 classes. Which is easier and quicker to balance?

I'm just speculating here without any real data.

I go back to my example involving existing scaling. Is taking a say, level 55 guy upscsled to 70 on an operation the same as having a 70? Is going back and doing coruscant heroics at 70 the same as doing them at 16? Obviously no.

Current scaling doesnt consider the classes separately - it ups or downs your stats according (i.e. more damage/less damage) and doesnt even do that all that well.

Thus why I say it's all semantics - you're scaling the boss' stats to 70 or the players to 50/whatever. It's not like actually making you level 50 or whatever (removing abilities/utilties/etc). The only way for them to truly leave these bosses level 50/whatever would be if they had enough ops at endgame to have a pve endgame without the old ones. That number is likely greater than 1, thus the reason they keep recycling old content.

Note I'm actually ok with the old content recycling. I just think trying to make it old content by pretending they're eliminating it from endgame when they're not really is a silly thing on their part. They've been upscaling for years and seem to semi understand how to do that now. Why risk messing up something over semantics?

Edit and tldr: I seriously doubt downscaling puts say EV on the same scale of difficulty as say rav. The scaling has little to do with why EV is easier, the mechanics are the primary differentiator.

Edited by KendraP

LoL, People who don’t know you, haven’t realised how dry your sarcasm can be sometimes :cool:

Mine is not that far behind !! Albeit that of late I've probably been too focused on a more serious note..

Hence my comment might have been taken a bit too serious … except for perhaps Lhancelot … Dasty (and maybe perhaps you )…

At least I haven't been insisting that the youngins' "KEEP OFF THE LAWN" !!

:D

Over all the entire PTS has been very helpful to me … relearning the ropes … again … so to speak. Reporting those things which matter .. and leaving those things out that don't. And (once again) the disappointment when the "team" either doesn't get it … OR (what is more to the truth) … the TEAM already "gets it" and those of us who are reporting our findings get frustrated when we discover where the game is actually headed.

Confusing ?? Really ?? Tell me about it !! You should be the one trying to type this mess right now !

:eek:

As for the overall scope of the new XP … IMO .. we will all be faced with some changes we don't like that well. That seems to be the way of things. While it is true that adaptation for the players is always an unwritten expectation and (seemingly equally understood law of the universe of video games) that transition can be received less favorably when taken too far. It seems to me that when some changes boarder line a reset of Cataclysmic proportions .. even those laws which govern said games will implode with disastrous affects.

I don't think we've quite reached that level yet !! But let's face most of us are just gamers. I'm quite certain that our wealth of knowledge in matters in such a vast universe has not only it's limitations ….but .. hang on a second !

This …[/ tap-tap]

silly … ball …[/tap-tap-tap]

… seems … [/tap-tap-tap]

to have …[/tap-tap-tap-tap]

STOPED WORKING [/ tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap]

I'll have to get back with you later …

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/1b/72/681b724f275064267d98ef95e4fc0d59.jpg

Edited by OlBuzzard

Gotta say - at this point, I am a little more hyped for the expansion. Heard from Boyd there are branching storylines.

If they are going to commit to that, it may finally start giving the vibe the class stories used to.

Looking forward to actually playing the game this Tuesday. Day after my Birthday, so it makes a nice Birthday present. :rak_03:

Gotta say - at this point, I am a little more hyped for the expansion. Heard from Boyd there are branching storylines.

If they are going to commit to that, it may finally start giving the vibe the class stories used to.

Looking forward to actually playing the game this Tuesday. Day after my Birthday, so it makes a nice Birthday present. :rak_03:

Congrats on the BD !!

29 ?? Right ?

Mine is not that far behind !! Albeit that of late I've probably been too focused on a more serious note..

Hence my comment might have been taken a bit too serious … except for perhaps Lhancelot … Dasty (and maybe perhaps you )…

At least I haven't been insisting that the youngins' "KEEP OFF THE LAWN" !!

:D

Over all the entire PTS has been very helpful to me … relearning the ropes … again … so to speak. Reporting those things which matter .. and leaving those things out that don't. And (once again) the disappointment when the "team" either doesn't get it … OR (what is more to the truth) … the TEAM already "gets it" and those of us who are reporting our findings get frustrated when we discover where the game is actually headed.

Confusing ?? Really ?? Tell me about it !! You should be the one trying to type this mess right now !

:eek:

As for the overall scope of the new XP … IMO .. we will all be faced with some changes we don't like that well. That seems to be the way of things. While it is true that adaptation for the players is always an unwritten expectation and (seemingly equally understood law of the universe of video games) that transition can be received less favorably when taken too far. It seems to me that when some changes boarder line a reset of Cataclysmic proportions .. even those laws which govern said games will implode with disastrous affects.

I don't think we've quite reached that level yet !! But let's face most of us are just gamers. I'm quite certain that our wealth of knowledge in matters in such a vast universe has not only it's limitations ….but .. hang on a second !

This …[/ tap-tap]

silly … ball …[/tap-tap-tap]

… seems … [/tap-tap-tap]

to have …[/tap-tap-tap-tap]

STOPED WORKING [/ tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap]

I'll have to get back with you later …

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/1b/72/681b724f275064267d98ef95e4fc0d59.jpg

I use the term, “you young whipper snappers” :D