PVP community, stop being 3 year olds.

Efir

I really thought the SWTOR community wasn’t going to be an epeen fest like most other gaming forums I have had access to. Im sad to say I was wrong.

It saddens me to see people abandoning PVP and people un-subbing for various reasons.

I can see why low level peeps don’t want to pvp. Im currently at level 43, learning all the time as I go up to level 50. It has been hard and fun both at the same time. I can understand why getting facerolled constantly will put people off the pvp and the game in its entirety. I can also see why one class wants another class nerfing. At the same time I can see why level 50’s get upset at people screaming for them to get nerfed / bracketed whatever.

What I can’t understand if the way that ALL parts of the community like to hide behind their computer screens to score over inflated self perception points off one another with smart arse comments like ‘l2p noob’ etc.

If anyone spoke to me in the way that some of you spoke to me in my local pub, I would quickly demonstrate to them the error of their ways. Without the need to hide behind an anonymous email addy / forum account.

I do appreciate that I am in fact somewhat guilty of this by the very nature of my post. If you do fancy your chances of actually manning up and playing forum queen to me in my local pub, please feel free to email me in game, I will tell you where I go drinking in the UK, whereupon we can discuss in no uncertain terms why you think you are so ‘uber l33t’ compared to everyone else over a nice relaxing pint!

Tl Dr, stop being forum queens and actually stick together, try to help people that are a bit less fortunate in gaming terms’ than yourself. The long levity of the game is in our hands.

“Don't fail me again, Admiral.” – points robotic finger

:)

If anyone spoke to me in the way that some of you spoke to me in my local pub, I would quickly demonstrate to them the error of their ways. Without the need to hide behind an anonymous email addy / forum account.

Airy threats of impending violence "in the local pub" are just the flesh and blood variant of "l2p noob". If you want to rise above it, rise above it, don't just put your own spin on it.

I'm by FAR no pro in PVP but personally I'm having a great time as level 30 sorc healer in PVP. It feels like I can really make a difference. Strangely I didn't have this feeling with Merc or Operative healer. It felt like I was being farmed badly with my Operative and Merc (both at around level 30). Maybe Sorc is just that overpowered... i dunno.

But I don't understand why you'd expect this game to be any different then WOW - the target audience is the same (male, 15-25) just geared more towards casuals and low-skill players. That probably makes things even worse because anyone can talk big in SWTOR because there is no meaningful competitive PVP or statistics to see if people are actually as great as they claim to be.

In WOW to talk big you need to at least have won a few arena games and have a decent rating or people will simply flame you on the forums (and no, I'm not claiming that a high rating means it's a good player but at least it's a person that can play their class semi-well depending on their rating).

Airy threats of impending violence "in the local pub" are just the flesh and blood variant of "l2p noob". If you want to rise above it, rise above it, don't just put your own spin on it.

If people think that, I am sorry, that's wrong. I was simply trying to say that people act in forums differently than meeting face to face. I never act on a forum differently than in the 'real world'. If you think that is the case, im sorry, but you are mistaken.

If that is how i am interpreted than i apologise. It wasn't meant that way. Maybe my choice of words was wrong.

If people think that, I am sorry, that's wrong. I was simply trying to say that people act in forums differently than meeting face to face. I never act on a forum differently than in the 'real world'. If you think that is the case, im sorry, but you are mistaken.

If that is how i am interpreted than i apologise. It wasn't meant that way. Maybe my choice of words was wrong.

It's cool, and congratulations on being classy enough to acknowledge it. All I'm saying is "I'd mess you up in the pub" is just as ridiculous as "l2p noob" in terms of the amount of eye rolling it provokes.

Not that I don't want to mess some of these people up in a pub from time to time. ;)

Hello everyone,

Threads in the PvP forum should be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ gameplay and not the community itself. This thread is off-topic so we are going to close it, but please do feel free to to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like.