Diminishing Returns on Healing

TiTaNsFaN

Why do you need dps in objective based pvp?

Ops sin sorc would be dominated by a tanky team.

If you never kill any opponents, then how are you ever going to clear the area around that door / turret / forcefield panel /ramp or ball pit to allow you to set a bomb / cap a turret / get someone on the ramp to receive a ball pass without being smacked down or ambushed.

Killing someone needs to remove people from the picture, and it needs to be done in a timeframe that makes the rolling 20 second respawn system in warzones worth something.

Doesn't work if you have tanks healers and dps that know what there doing...

Same goes for your team.

If your team just wants to run around in circles tabbing and spamming 1 button feel free; just don't complain when the guarded healer stood behind his team doesn't die.

Nothing to stop you grabbing a healer and a tank and owning people, unless you have no friends/guildies.

LOL around everyone on this topic, the OP is right! put some DR on healing, get a normal -70% on every heal received

but pvp is terrible everysingle warfrong i see a lot of broken classes, all those DPS classes, marauders doing 3 4k dmg!!! Tanks using shield and taunt on other players? ***

i can't do dmg on tanks, they tank a lot!! they have defense and stuff!!! we need to nerf their armor too

Jesus Crist!! save us

Edited by RamasSoKehur

Why do you need dps in objective based pvp?

Ops sin sorc would be dominated by a tanky team.

Actually i run a sorc/sin/jug team and we recently switched it from a heal/dps/tank(receptively), to 3 dps specs and its substantially more powerful, 3 dps training one healer even with another healer on them is game over. I was the sorc heals and I initialed the switch because healing in pvp is weak/not fun.

Granted there have been a few situations where if i was heals maybe we would have held a point longer, but it(imo) seems like we win far more battles/points as 3 dps.

Edited by phluke

That works well when you get say, a scoundrel who can self heal themselves through several dps without needing assistance through instant casts alone, add in energy regen and they become living tanks., add in a second healer and you're stuffed, you either outdps their healing

I stopped reading after this... as a scoundrel healer, I often find myself being set upon by groups of people and it's clear I've been marked as people stop what they're doing and go after me :lol:

With three or four interupts I can't do diddly, my instant cast will only give me 300 to 600 health in my current gear and if you have three people on me and you can't kill me whilst using interrupts, then Warzones aren't for you.

I often find myself PRAYING for crits in warzones and will often ditch the person I'm healing if an operative is on them or if people refuse to interupt a bounty hunters barrage. Run away!! :)

Heals > Damage in this game.

You can stomp WZ's just bringings some powertechs and sorcs. Impossible to kill, I don't care who you focus.

What is this game you speak of? Healing is horribly underpowered in this game...a healer can not heal through one dpser.

Yes punish the healers because puggies cant play?

Nuke the healer, or CC and take out his protection.

Everyone has a silence, interupt and stun. Use them and see both tanks and healers melting.

Troopers don't have silence or interrupt.

Games where I can stand behind a few of my team and heal them, we tend to win. Games where I get 4 dps nuke me the second i appear we often lose. If i'm solo defending a cap point (normally in civil war) and a couple of dps forget to interupt me, then sorry, will take ages to get me down and I've already called out for help. Interupt and stun me, I die rather quick, you get the cap.

Troopers don't have silence or interrupt.

Vanguard has Riot Strike(interrupt)

Commandos don't have an interrupt but they do get a knockback

Both get cryo grenade...so i guess due to CD's Commandos might be screwed a little more vs a healer.

Haha you guys are funny. Maybe you should seek out good healers, then they will show you how easily the outheal your damage.

Don't even get started if they start to mess with you like fake casting to get your interrupt on CD. Maybe your healers can't do it, mine can and he doesn't need guard if 3 peeps are pounding him he just relocates to his heart contents until some dps came along to scrub those 3 dead.

I even gave him 20% healing debuff once just for the sake of it, and he is just not 1vs1'able for anything but operative who just bursts his *** off.

Marauder/operative/tank/sorc(heal) ftw as a team.

Congratz, that 3 dps (almost half the warzone) to kill a healer quickly works for you. We will see your 3 dps + heal rating skyyrocket I'm sure ;)

I stopped reading after this... as a scoundrel healer, I often find myself being set upon by groups of people and it's clear I've been marked as people stop what they're doing and go after me :lol:

With three or four interupts I can't do diddly, my instant cast will only give me 300 to 600 health in my current gear and if you have three people on me and you can't kill me whilst using interrupts, then Warzones aren't for you.

I often find myself PRAYING for crits in warzones and will often ditch the person I'm healing if an operative is on them or if people refuse to interupt a bounty hunters barrage. Run away!! :)

Don't come in here talking about pvp balance if you aren't geared then, your missing the defence versus expertise as well as the boost to healing it grants.

My issue is that in this case, the only solution is raw dps, playing smart will do nothing if several people hitting them, cc and interrupts where available are all essentially useless, if it's a sage or trooper I can interrupt the heals via stuns, knocback, interrupts, and attacks causing pushback, instant heals will help them but they cannot survive through instants alone.

The scoundrels instants are potent enough to do this, plus the hot component makes them far more resilient than they ought to be even through a stun ( and when I stun they're taking extra damage through talents anyway) this problem is reminiscent of resto Druids in wow of yesteryear.

Again, no problem with some instants and such, healers need some survivability but if a healer can sit and tank better than a tank can ( cos a tanks hp eventually runs out) then something's wrong. That is my only issue with pvp healing as it goes, no self healing ability should be spam able to the point that they can tank, either resource starvation should come into play, or there should be a opportunity window with stuns and interrupts, or the healing should be insufficient to allow them to tank.

And in case you haven't guessed, I'm a tank, raw dps isn't my forte but I can lock down a healer long enough for other dps to bring them down, but that's not what was happening here, maybe it was just a consumables issue, maybe my teammates were just poor geared or level? This is merely an observation, healers shouldn't be able to ' tank', if the solution is to have enough dps to instagib people then tht defies the point of healers and interruption in the first place.

Both get cryo grenade...so i guess due to CD's Commandos might be screwed a little more vs a healer.

Nah more of a stalemate if I get low I just use concussive round heal up then try again. (in world/1v1 situations. In mass pvp if they are just spamming heal on themselves I can nuke them down slowly but surely(unless they have really good gear) and if they are healing someone else they drop quite quickly(unless they have much better gear than me)

Basically unless they have a lot of champion or battle master gear they are quite killable. The full battle masters I can't dent... Yet(need to gear myself up)

Nah more of a stalemate if I get low I just use concussive round heal up then try again. (in world/1v1 situations. In mass pvp if they are just spamming heal on themselves I can nuke them down slowly but surely(unless they have really good gear) and if they are healing someone else they drop quite quickly(unless they have much better gear than me)

Basically unless they have a lot of champion or battle master gear they are quite killable. The full battle masters I can't dent... Yet(need to gear myself up)