Bioware please think carefully...

Kelvmor

Fellow gamers and Bioware employees we are at a crossroads early in this game. Before any nerfs should be talked about we have many bugs and other issues that must be handled. Those that complained hard enough your voice has been heard but before this is done we need to sit back and make sure this is the road that we want to visit. It is only a matter of time that once the nerf bat is summoned no one is safe.

This will be a very hard nerf on scoundrel's and operatives with nothing given to ease the pain like a gap closer of some type as now people will likely run off and away from those classes with little worry about being killed by them.

I am asking that Bioware before even considering any balancing to first fix the existing bugs and problems. Ilum is a mess. Not getting credit for dailys and weeklys after warzone matches are frustrating.

I also feel that a combat log will help in a long way because sometimes we think we were nuked by one person we find that possible we had more hitting us then we thought. This reaction to the classes are happening too quickly. The nerf to operatives and scoundrels go beyond the 20% reduction of hidden strike added with the knockdown time reduced and acid blade armor reduction will be critical loss in pvp. Mages shields then will be harder to break down as well as other classes damage reduction abilites.

I myself am a bounty hunter and I hear about our tracer missle spam. I myself with all pvp gear can not put up the numbers I read about but believe some of those numbers come from players getting a two piece pve bonus set.

I know the nerf bat will come my way next as well as to mages then assassins. It will not stop until everyone is slapping each other seeing who can knock the other one down.

If you are going to take away all these things from those two classes give them a way to chase down those that just shrug them off and walk or speed away with little worry. Give them something instead of just taking all away.

I am not going to quit, I am not going to cry. I have played MMO's sadly since Ultima Online and being 34 years old now have seen the nerf bat come time and again but feel this one is too quick and is going to be very, very poorly thought out.

Bioware you did in my opinion make a mistake in quickly reacting to Ilum and it is not turning out well. Fix that issue before nerfing anyone. Fix the other annoying bugs before you do this please.

Lets have patience and see how balanced the pvp is when the others catch up and get equivalent gear when facing their peers in warzones.

Sincerely yours Khellendros Bounty Hunter from the server Helm of Graush.

They should focus primarily on bug fixes, but that does not mean they should just ignore balance issues.

If you take a look at the patch notes, there are far more bug fixes than there are balance tweaks. That goes for EVERY patch they have put out so far, theres been 2-3 adjustments to class balance compared to ~100 fixes.

Edited by Achromatis

why not fix operatives/scoundrels and the bugs? this is a good operative/scoundrel nerf.. If you are QQ'ing you are simply already being ignored.

Power the nerf bat eventually hits everyone I hope you feel the same when it comes for you.

I am not quite sure anybody really needs to be nerfed. I play a Jedi Shadow Kinetic (Tank) Spec and can one on one just about any class but a healing class as I just can't damage them fast enough. I am fine with this. Operatives hit hard, but if you both start with full CD's I got an even shot against them. I have All Champion except belt implant and wpn which are centurion. If the Operative is not well PvP geared I will SMASH them. The class balancing out of the gate is EXCELLENT in my opinion. Lets not rush to change a dang thing. FIX the bugs ... smooth out the pvp Play. For goodness sake help the Melee classes. But dont start nerfing crap or buffing crap or changing crap, just because an Operative in Full PvP gear will three shot a Sage in NO pvp gear. Or Scoundrel in Full PvP gear will crush a Sorc in zero gear. As to Tracer Missle I will only say this, yes it hits hard, but seriously if you enjoy spamming one button to win a fight I can mostly only pity you. How increadibly dull. Well one more thing. I love interrupting it. The merc just stands there like "uh... no what do I do" while I lightsaber their butt. Plus which the animation for Tracer Missle is well ... lame.

Nothing should be nerfed till all the bugs are squashed. WTH was all the beta for?

I was in beta for a full year. For the entirety of the last two builds (~2 months) every tester with a 50 knew that scoundrel's / ops were OP. The warzone daily credit bug has been around since the quests were put into the game 8-9 months ago.

Everyone knew that 1.1 would break ilum, it was predicted on the forums as soon as the patch notes were posted a week in advance.

All of these issues have been reported. This game had a huuuge budget, but unfortunately the majority seems to have been spent on voice-overs that most players will skip. Despite their claims to the contrary, Bioware has done a terrible job of responding to player feedback.

They should focus primarily on bug fixes, but that does not mean they should just ignore balance issues.

If you take a look at the patch notes, there are far more bug fixes than there are balance tweaks. That goes for EVERY patch they have put out so far, theres been 2-3 adjustments to class balance compared to ~100 fixes.

I agree with you that they should look at class balance while working on bugs. But I feel this is much more then 20% nerf. I am a bounty hunter and may be wrong in my thinking.

I feel that along with acid blade doing 20% less armor reduction along with the stun time cut in half and if they still get a full resolve bar for the opening attack it will cripple that class against mages with a shield or tank classes.

From the outside looking in I do not think this is good for that class without at least giving them more survival skills as in improved stealth. I can see them from far away without being specced in improved stealth detection. Almost no need for stealth scan unless they vanish.

Give them a way to chase down people better that will now shrug off their opening attacks and run off before any real harm comes to them.

Edited by Kelvmor

I was in beta for a full year. For the entirety of the last two builds (~2 months) every tester with a 50 knew that scoundrel's / ops were OP. The warzone daily credit bug has been around since the quests were put into the game 8-9 months ago.

Everyone knew that 1.1 would break ilum, it was predicted on the forums as soon as the patch notes were posted a week in advance.

All of these issues have been reported. This game had a huuuge budget, but unfortunately the majority seems to have been spent on voice-overs that most players will skip. Despite their claims to the contrary, Bioware has done a terrible job of responding to player feedback.

I admit that even with over 600 expertise from gear that I can still get rocked hard by operatives and scoundrels. But without a combat log let alone an armory page I can only guess the gear or what was hitting me.

The nerf bat hits all...

Normally I would agree with you about it being too soon for the nerf bat, while there are several abilities/classes that I think need tweaking, it is something that should be done carefully and after more important issues are solved.

In this case however I do believe it was necessary because they didn't just have slightly too much damage, they could literally annihilate well geared players (tanks included, since apparently most of their damage penetrates defenses) in a flash before they could even react, not to mention the frequency with which they could do it.

TLDR: I agree its too soon to start tweaking classes but I think it was obviously necessary to fix the extreme burst that ops/scoundrels were inflicting as soon as possible.

Edited by _Silversoth_

Depends on the nerf. Some of us pvp a lot and like pvp and if unbalanced pvp is ruining the game experience it needs to be taken care of. Are the classes unbalanced? Yes they are some much worse than others. I've never played a mmo that has been this unbalanced in pvp before. I've honestly not run into too many bugs and the pvp balance is my biggest concern right now. I have yet to run into a severe bug. I say fix bugs and the severe pvp balance issues at the same time. Mostly to imp classes. And please fix the classes rolls healers have crazy survivability and tanks do too much damage and melees are at a big disadvantage.

i see this as a dont nerf me post anyone who thinks operatives and scoundrels dont need the nerf are the ones playing the class its ez mode the class has way to much burst compared to the rest doesnt matter if your a tank in 600 expertise which is what i play

Can all the Scoundrels and Operatives please shut the hell up already?

How dense can one be to not understand that they needed to be nerfed (and they are not the only class either, it's just the most critical due to the damage being almost impossible to mitigate it well enough even for heavy armor wearers).

Depends on the nerf. Some of us pvp a lot and like pvp and if unbalanced pvp is ruining the game experience it needs to be taken care of. Are the classes unbalanced? Yes they are some much worse than others. I've never played a mmo that has been this unbalanced in pvp before. I've honestly not run into too many bugs and the pvp balance is my biggest concern right now. I have yet to run into a severe bug. I say fix bugs and the severe pvp balance issues at the same time. Mostly to imp classes. And please fix the classes rolls healers have crazy survivability and tanks do too much damage and melees are at a big disadvantage.

Never played a mmo that was this Unbalanced. Take you never Played wow. Remember when warriors got bladestorm. So much fun on my warrior run in flag room and kill 6 people or when mages got pom pyro, you be doing your own thing then boom your just been 1 shotted. All games have unbalances

yeah because they will lose more people by nerfing a class that destroys any class in mere seconds, then vanishes before they can be killed, vs fixing some bugs that will be fixed anyway in the near future.

more people will quit over getting facerolled by an op/scound in seconds over some bugs.