RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I But RP atmosphere (some call it immersion)? Forget it! Its bunny hop world with stupid character names....mmmh

And that is pretty much the crunch for those who RP and don't want to go to ToFN.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensitive issue I know, and only have a very low level alt on LC.

I played on Trask Ulgo (RP PVE), which was very active PVP wise (my main focus) - we recently transfered too The Progenitor (RP PVE again), as did Shalton Tunnels server. The server is very busy, at least compared to how either was previously, with PVP non-stop throughout the day, little queue time, and several WZs at level 50 running at the same time. The PVP community on both sides is very good, as is the RP. I've even had limited PVP and RP in the Outlaws Den, something I had not seen for months on my old server.

I'm sure, if you were to be able to transfer here, you would find it to your taste both RP wise and PVP wise.

This site has been set up this week http://theprogenitor.com, though very new shows a good new community is forming. If you have to push for a new server to go too other then TOFN, then hopefully The Progenitor would be an excellent home for you all. There is also a RP site http://www.swtor-rp.com/progenitor though not sure how active it is currently.

I will add my name in pushing for an option for transfer to The Progenitor, what they have offered so far is ridiculous and needs sorting.

Edited by Valatour

Why? It's not like anyone of you is coming on here and actually trying to justify the way you've crapped all over those of the RP community on LC who have no desire to transfer to the infantile ToFN pure PVP server. I mean, it's a great way for us to get it off our chests, but it's not like anyone's even listening, except for the griefers who think it's funny, and those of us who feel like we've just been punched in the gut. Why send anyone else here? To what end?

And this has never actually been a discussion.

They don't have any choice, there is no way to boost population on LC all they can do is move you elsewhere, their only other option would have been to merge the 3 EU RP-PvP servers, which would mean 3 languages an still not a high population.

You might get a choice in the 2nd round of free promotional transfers to move to an RP-PvE server but that would mean a policy change in allowing PvP>PvE.

What other solution would you propose?

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Just a question for those that wanted to move to a RP-PVE server: What are you people doing now?

Personally im not sure, but kinda feel forced to move and later pay(!) for a server transfer to The Progenitor.

It would be great though if BW did promise us a free transfer to an optional server in the future, so those of us that want to play on a RP server will be able to do so. But they should atleast talk to us insteed of beeing silent.

Just a question for those that wanted to move to a RP-PVE server: What are you people doing now?

I am waiting until they let me transfer to a RP-PVE server, until that happens, I won't play. And if they don't plan to let us transfer to a RP-PVE server, I will probably cancel my sub. :(

I'm not even considering using the free transfer to the Tomb. I will see how my guild sticks it out, if cross server warzones come out, but if there's no actual improvement, I'm really unhappy at the moment with the game, and it'S simply not worth it.

We might not be a huge community here on LC but I was heartened to see so many on here and in game last night who have decided to stick it out on Calypho, at least until Bioware get their act together. I was good to see a little solidarity and even better to see not only RP happening but new upcoming RP event being planned and carried out.

Keep calm and carry on indeed.

On the other hand I have a second question for Bioware for when they eventually get back to us. There have been quite a few players who have transferred characters to TOFN who are regretting their decision already. Some felt pressured to do so by guilds, others thought they simply had no choice as like many of us they knew that they would not be able to afford paid character transfers (hell I'd have 16 characters to move.. I definitely can't afford that), and some were simply hopeful that they would be able to RP as normal on a PVP server. The general consensus is that a lot of these players are regretting their decision and should either like to return to join us should we ever move to an RP server.

So my question is this, is there any system in place for these players to move back to Calypho? I have heard mention of a 72 hour window to move characters back ( I have nothing to back that up other than hearsay, I haven't moved anyone nor will I to a PVP server) but even if that were true then we need a response relatively quickly or a chunk of our community is going to be stuck somewhere they hate.

I told them to issue tickets, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

you left me alone on LC , i was forced to transfer to Tomb of noob and all char names are taken , even the crappy ones , bought pre order so i can name my chars the way i want and to play with others , they striped me from those things , 6 months of playing for nothing

/emo

On a serious note, the last yellow response is at page 35. Does this thread really have to hit page 70 before we get another reply? How hard can it be to simply answer when it's obvious that we're being monitored based on the sudden absence of deleted posts?

Edited by Kiyosa

/emo

On a serious note, the last yellow response is at page 35. Does this thread really have to hit page 70 before we get another reply? How hard can it be to simply answer when it's obvious that we're being monitored based on the sudden absence of deleted posts?

We need to remember moderators are moderators and developers are developers. Most likely the moderators deleting posts don't know anything about the situation and even if they did, they aren't allowed to say a thing.

/emo

They don't answer because a thread get more pages, they answer when they have something new to add. They started the transfers to ToFN and that's all they have to say for now.

Dear Bioware,

Is there any chance we will be transferred to RP servers? Maybe after a week, two, three of transferring to Tomb, you will change destination server and start transferring to Progenitor? If there is no chance to give us free choice all the time. I really understand you have some technical issues with giving free choice of transfer. JUST GIVE US SOME INFO ON YOUR PLANS!! I don't want to be transferred to PvP server without RP aspect. I prefer to be transfered to alive RP server and now i really have no idea what to do. Just a short description what is your plan. If you have any of course. I know a lot of people posted more or less the same, but I would like to add my voice to let you know we really care, to give you a pressure that transfer to PvP server hasn't solved all problems with LC, there are still a lot of RPers waiting for any info what to do with their characters here!

Best Regards.

They don't answer because a thread get more pages, they answer when they have something new to add. They started the transfers to ToFN and that's all they have to say for now.

I dont think anything about the continuation of this thread suggests that has proven totally satisfactory whatsoever and people quite rightly (me included) want an update.

I dont think anything about the continuation of this thread suggests that has proven totally satisfactory whatsoever and people quite rightly (me included) want an update.

The fact that you want an update doesn't induce they will create an answer right now that will be satisfactory to everyone.

They can't please everyone, I, like some others people, can't really play anymore some of their characters because of the transfers. Maybe they wont say anythin more, maybe there will be an update and tell us they can't do anything, maybe they will do something...

The thing is they started transfers for LC yesterday, they aren't at work right now, they will need at least a meeting to have an update and the people involved must have time for it, it's Friday, they will need some time to inform the community team.

Or maybe, they will think they have done enough already and that you, like me, will have to wait for the paid transfers to go where you want.

I just wanted to add that I'm glad with the transfer option, but....

... BW, you should really add a transfer option for the RP people. If there are technical restrictions preventing you from opening 2 destination servers, then at least admit it here and give the RP-ers something to look for. A simple "We're sorry folks but we can't open multiple destination servers, just hang in and we promis that in 2 weeks we'll change the destionation server to a RP-PvE server" would work wonders.

On that note, communication is key. Always. I'm sure you guys have hired experts who know that just as well. Why don't you listen to those experts?

It all started with your initial server transfers, really. Instead of anouncing

"Tranfers will be available on the 12th and we reserve the right to tweak them further"

you should have said

"On the 12th we will start opening transfers. Do mind we will start by only opening them for a few servers and gradually open transfers for the other servers in the next week if we see everything is going smooth".

That would have saved you a lot of angry customers those first few days.

Then in this thread you guys do nothing but give us the standard "You guys are important we are looking at the solution" PR reply. People really dislike that. Instead you could have mentioned something like "Hey guys, we are looking for the best way to give you transfer options. There are technical problems preventing us from opening multiple destination servers so we're looking for alternatives." Or whatever was the reason that it took so long.

Just, you know, Communicate!

Or maybe, they will think they have done enough already and that you, like me, will have to wait for the paid transfers to go where you want.

As much as my heart bleeds for BW working so diligently on this situation it wouldnt kill someone to blurb a few words even if they are "This is all we can do for now, please be patient, further action TBA."

I dont think that's asking for much. You can't please everyone, You *can* at least pretend to care.

They don't have any choice, there is no way to boost population on LC all they can do is move you elsewhere, their only other option would have been to merge the 3 EU RP-PvP servers, which would mean 3 languages an still not a high population.

You might get a choice in the 2nd round of free promotional transfers to move to an RP-PvE server but that would mean a policy change in allowing PvP>PvE.

What other solution would you propose?

What?! It's not like that hasn't been answered 300 times in this thread...

The solution, seeing as how it is an RP-PVP server is to allow those of us who want to go to a pure-PVP server to transfer to ToFN, and those of us who value RP over the PVP (or are unwilling to put up with the crass, infantile population on ToFN) to transfer to an RP-PVE server. Why is that so difficult to understand?

There's no policy change involved, at least not one any more striking than assuming that PVP is more important to the whole population of LC than RP.

This is just another example of Bioware thinking they know best what's in the hearts and minds of their players. When, in reality, they don't have a clue.

As for offering a second round of transfers in an attempt to make this all better: fat chance. Can you imagine the QQing of all the folks that transferred to ToFN now, if in a week's time they open up free transfers to The Progenitor? Talk about backlash. Sure, some, even many, would be content. But there would be a large percentage that would scream bloody murder that they'd missed their chance to go to a server that better represented their gameplay style.

No, there only viable option was to allow transfers to either place, simultaneously. And if that wasn't technically possible, then their programers are more incompetent than the general bugs in the game would lead us to believe.

Just more of the same from Bioware: silly, ugly end-game sets, lack of anything interesting post-50, no chat bubbles, unoptimized engine that drags even hyper-built systems to their knees, lack of RP support, sound and graphics bugs that have persisted all the way from beta (yes, the same exact ones), stat penalties for Neutral-aligned characters, complete lack of compelling open-world PVP...The list won't fit into the character limit of a single post.

I guess it's on us for expecting Bioware to break free of this legacy of failure to offer us something that made sense for *all* the community on LC.

I just wanted to add that I'm glad with the transfer option, but....

... BW, you should really add a transfer option for the RP people. If there are technical restrictions preventing you from opening 2 destination servers, then at least admit it here and give the RP-ers something to look for. A simple "We're sorry folks but we can't open multiple destination servers, just hang in and we promis that in 2 weeks we'll change the destionation server to a RP-PvE server" would work wonders.

On that note, communication is key. Always. I'm sure you guys have hired experts who know that just as well. Why don't you listen to those experts?

It all started with your initial server transfers, really. Instead of anouncing

"Tranfers will be available on the 12th and we reserve the right to tweak them further"

you should have said

"On the 12th we will start opening transfers. Do mind we will start by only opening them for a few servers and gradually open transfers for the other servers in the next week if we see everything is going smooth".

That would have saved you a lot of angry customers those first few days.

Then in this thread you guys do nothing but give us the standard "You guys are important we are looking at the solution" PR reply. People really dislike that. Instead you could have mentioned something like "Hey guys, we are looking for the best way to give you transfer options. There are technical problems preventing us from opening multiple destination servers so we're looking for alternatives." Or whatever was the reason that it took so long.

Just, you know, Communicate!

They can't because explaining the reasons would upset some players, the same way that saying some games were more important for EA than TOR upset some.

Servers are needed so they do it. But at same time, they want to make money and so the question becomes, are that group of people big enough that it will hurt us if we do nothing or do we have to do something ? If we do nothing, how many would use paid transfers and how many will quit ?

The problem is you can't communicate about that with your customers, it makes your company look bad and greedy. It shows that you are in a business and aren't making games for the sole reason to make people have fun. That's not something you can talk about, especially in the entertainement field.

/emo

Whoa...Be careful. Mentioning deleted posts is a surefire way of getting your own post deleted. No one speaks of Big Brother without fear of being de-existed. It's double-plus-ungood...

The majority of us wanted to go to ToFN. I still supported the option between PvP and RP-PvE (since I believe it's all about CHOICE), but never wanted to go to a PvE server personally.

You can't just state that the majority wanted to go to ToFN - the majority wanted to have a choice and in my guild (biggest on the server I believe) the majority wanted to go to The Progenitor. Besides, you don't just cater to majority and ignore such dedicated minority as role-playing players - it's just not right and it's a bad business practice.

Everyone who happily transferred now and is defending Bioware's decision to ignore RP community of Lord Calypho and other language RP-PVP European servers - you are wrong! Decisions like this destroy the community piece by piece. It was obvious for majority of people in Lord Calypho the choice should be there. Maybe so obvious that the RPers assumed they will get the possibility to transfer to RP-PVE and were not vocal enough. But seriously, you will base your basic game design decisions on forum outrages?? JUST THINK.

If you support this kind of bullsh*t people you will end up with no one to play with again. Every single customer matters.

Edited by vandana_

As for offering a second round of transfers in an attempt to make this all better: fat chance. Can you imagine the QQing of all the folks that transferred to ToFN now, if in a week's time they open up free transfers to The Progenitor? Talk about backlash.

That's true, the chances of that happening are pretty slim. But perhaps they make transfers from ToFN to The Progenitor in time? But that is also wishful thinking and without any official response, we're left to speculate for eternity. -_-'