Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Necrofago
12.18.2011 , 12:28 PM | #2551
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinzon View Post
When Bioware said there was 200 hours of gameplay per character, I wonder if they included the Select Server sscreen....
lol'd

Trukendoos
12.18.2011 , 12:29 PM | #2552
Friend of mine has a dc once per 2 hours because of his unstable provider. This means he cannot connect anymore to the server he first made his main on because whenever he dc's and logs right back in, he is placed in the back of the queue.

Does Bioware even take their customers seriously? Not keeping in mind that not everyone has a super stable internet connection is a big flaw that will not be taking lightly by many players.

Good job on the game, bad job on the service part.

AlexanderB
12.18.2011 , 12:30 PM | #2553
Waited around 4 hours and 30 minutes so far.
Still have another 600 people ahead of me in the queue.
Mitigation 1: Let us queue from the launcher.
Mitigation 2: Let us queue for one server while we play on another
Mitigation 3: Let us play our character on any server, lock the guilds to a specific one.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: 6 Hour Queues!

DarthSagan
12.18.2011 , 12:31 PM | #2554
Bioware, fix this now. Kay.

Luskan
12.18.2011 , 12:31 PM | #2555
Quote: Originally Posted by Millerio View Post
25m later and im in so in this case the assumed wait time was actually over cautious.
troll
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrofago View Post
they say that they are monitoring servers...they just stay there and say: "oh look! servers are full! wathever, let's go to eat some hamburger"

h-zone
12.18.2011 , 12:31 PM | #2556
i want compensation of time wasting

Areka
12.18.2011 , 12:31 PM | #2557
Ah! Nice to play the "Server Queue" for an hour, play the rest of the game for 15 minutes and... crash to desktop.

"Server Queue", there I go!!!
Lord Alaric: At last, the Dark Council has answered my petitions and sent a powerful fighting Sith to help secure the temple!
Sith Warrior: I'm just here to check the plumbing.

CRandall
12.18.2011 , 12:32 PM | #2558
2 hours and 5 minutes into my estimated 1 hour and 45 minute queue time and still 713 people in front of me...

Wilding
12.18.2011 , 12:33 PM | #2559
I am a little baffled why we have had such little feedback

Those of us with early access know the situation will get worse not better and we already cant log on easily with our friends.

Not giving a concise and detailed explanation doesnt make the problem go away...trust me!!!

SaltAU
12.18.2011 , 12:33 PM | #2560
Quote: Originally Posted by Amplicon View Post
19:00 hrs on a Sunday evening.

North American SW:TOR servers : 1 server with a queue.
European SW:TOR servers: 42 servers with a queue

North American server: 15 min queue
European servers : 8 with a 30-60 min queue and 17 servers with over 60 minutes.

Seeing there is no problem on the American servers is proof that BW can provide servers that can handle the loads, the question is why they won't provide them for European customers.
Please do not be so asinine. Being Australian playing on US servers we have had an absolutely horrendous time during what was all day Sunday for me and Saturday evening in the States. My server The Swiftsure had 5 hour queues. Almost every server was FULL with wait times from 30m-5h+. I saw about 2 or 3 others that were VERY HEAVY. Glancing at the European servers, 70% of them were LIGHT and 30% NORMAL.

Because I realise the world is round and not flat I understand that time plays a part in how the servers fluctuate.

My personal experience? I logged on 11am Sunday AEST into a queue of 1850, waited for just over 4 hours (the estimated time said 1h 45m which was completely wrong), I got disconnected at position 296, I logged back into the game and was at the end of the queue again, now position 1980. I was in queue for 5h and 10m then got into the game at 8pm AEST.

TLDR: Logged into the game at 11am Sunday, got into the game at 8pm Sunday night.

THAT was my experience before I read your take on how the US servers are. Hope you guys in Europe get sorted soon, as I hope we do also.