Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

AKfourtyseven
12.18.2011 , 11:52 AM | #2471
What i dont get is how comes the US servers dont have the waiting times? Seems to me they have been cutting corners on our servers, otherwise the US would face the same problem and they currently dont.

Anthilie
12.18.2011 , 11:52 AM | #2472
Im officially in queue for 3 hours and 52 mins and I've got another 491 numbers to go. All this just to play with my friends (GAMES tab on "my account": Donít play solo! Tell your friends you've pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and play all togerther...). Ironic isn't it. I won't qq.. I'll just wait a few days and lets see how they are gonna handle it... Stay strong ppl
<DecemberCrew>
We live, we love, we pre-order games late

Nick-GizMo
12.18.2011 , 11:53 AM | #2473
Quote: Originally Posted by Keylab View Post
I find it quite unprofessional to tell someone to which server he should go and then you have to wait at least an hour plus everytime you want to play on your destined Server.

What was the whole Guild Programm for it noone cares a rat fart about it.

Beisdes that i havent seen any Online game you pay money for where you have to wait over an Hour just to play on the Server you have been destined for.

It does not only kill all Guild and Group Activites (Imagine, you ll do a Instance or Quest together but do not know when your other Players even can be there.)

If a Server is full it is full but then i simply would not allow the creation of new Characters on that Server.

For instance it happend a few times now, that i playes and got a client crash, i had to wait 2 Hours to get back in.

This is a not agreeable and not bearable Situation for a Casual Gamer who plays maybe 2-3 Hours every two days. Under current Circumstances it means that he has half the time he plays in a week just to wait that he can play on his server.

To want money for this feldergarb is criminal.
At the LoL server, people are still making new characters, and that server is FULL :')

Luskan
12.18.2011 , 11:54 AM | #2474
what a nice day. 5h and 20min in a que. yes finaly got inn the clock is 18:30. iv got a nice 4h to 5h of game time. 18:45 crash, relogging new que spott 1987 in the que. lovely 5h game time - 5h, 20min que time. vil give me -20min game time..

THX and **** YOU BW/EA
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrofago View Post
they say that they are monitoring servers...they just stay there and say: "oh look! servers are full! wathever, let's go to eat some hamburger"

Tsuntsu
12.18.2011 , 11:54 AM | #2475
One question I have.

Why the official waiting times are false?. The reality shows us the real waiting time is more than 2 times the official one.

Romerz
12.18.2011 , 11:54 AM | #2476
easy solution - fix it.

AdolfIvanovich
12.18.2011 , 11:55 AM | #2477
Legions of Lettow 3h and 126 pos in Q=) i like u Bioware=/

AlexanderB
12.18.2011 , 11:55 AM | #2478
Doesn't matter if you offer free transfers if the option is going from a heavy population server to one without any players on it at all. And republic players are rare enough already. And you'll have to get your 100+ player guild with you, not to mention their allies and whatnot.

Since the game does not have x-realm PVP/Dungeons, playing on an empty server basically means you wont see any PVP, especially outside of peak times.

I forgot which game did it, but they basically cloned everything onto a new server, so it would be much easier to decide to switch server for those who opted for that route, that way you at least didn't have to organize a migration with 100+ people.

Unfortunately, you still have the same risks -- going from a full server to an empty one, and one that remains empty.

Chuundar which was a pre-launch server for a lot of russian guilds forced everyone else to moved onto other servers. I think it is still low-medium. It is probably a nice place to level to 50 on, except if you wanted to level through PVP. If the game had x-realm PVP, it would be a viable server to level on, but since there is no information on server transfers either, you cant level there and then opt to transfer to a better server at 50.

So; GG Bioware, massive #fail there. I doubt Charlie Sheen will say you are #Winning anytime soon, even though you got all our money already.
Mitigation 1: Let us queue from the launcher.
Mitigation 2: Let us queue for one server while we play on another
Mitigation 3: Let us play our character on any server, lock the guilds to a specific one.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: 6 Hour Queues!

Dualthreat
12.18.2011 , 11:55 AM | #2479
Quote: Originally Posted by Bunyec View Post
Queued at 3PM, now it is 6:44PM, and still 550 ppl before me.
Many thanks Bioware and EA. This is what we get for our payment.
The WORST game start, MMO start at all. Thanks for selling ****!!
the complete lack of a solution with all these massive complaints baffles me. Bioware and EA are showing their true colors pretty early in how well they handle mmo's. Bioware may have made some good single player games but its clear they are in over their heads. Transfers for guilds and players off q servers should have been up and running quickly, if they implements this game live with out the ability to move people around serves then shame on them for a spectacular mess.

Can you imagine how bad this will get after dec 20th if there is no quick transfer solution and plenty of avail servers on that day?
Commando Assault Squadron 35
Smokin Sith and takin 's since 7/21
Proud card carrying member of the BFG club & DEC 15th EA

Silverrey
12.18.2011 , 11:56 AM | #2480
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsuntsu View Post
One question I have.

Why the official waiting times are false?. The reality shows us the real waiting time is more than 2 times the official one.
Because then it gives people false hope, and that is the only hope they have to give.
Explorer: 80%, Socializer: 67%, Achiever: 53%, Killer: 0%