Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

LeigisKaan
12.17.2011 , 11:36 PM | #1571
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtyshadow View Post
No, is part customer service and part business. And a whole lot of common sense.
Im sad to say I dont see it.

The problem with staged server rollouts, which you may notice, is dont choose servers based on population... they choose they based on friends / guilds / communities.

This is the result of Day 1 choice of server... effecting every person coming. Even on the day you bought a new wave of servers, new players went where there friends went, to the Day 1 servers.

Harbinger and Swiftsure are proof, people have crowded those servers cause their friends / guilds / communities (mainly Australians) jumped there. No one is moving, inspite of the queues.

You are expecting this game to grow, your selling it on TV, after pre-release sales... why isnt there 2 server spots per pre-release game sold, not barely enough space. Double, triple, having the empty space, just means you will fill it.

Thats good customer service, thats good PR, thats good business... no art or science involved.

Who wrote that, who told you to write that ???

Thats a comment thats a good context when you have 10-15 minute queues and have to apologise cause its required technically. Its in bad context when there are 3 hour queues on particular servers and you have not acknowledge the seriousness of them or made plans to resolve them before launch.
Very well put and I completely agree.
Kovai Leigis
Ahazi Vet

Jordan_Hoffman
12.17.2011 , 11:39 PM | #1572
The song from Modest Mouse - "3rd Planet" goes along perfectly with this situation.
Live life quick...

Drelnor
12.17.2011 , 11:39 PM | #1573
My question is, why haven't they locked servers from having new characters created on them until they get this problem under control?

Servers that are FULL, need to have new character creation locked out, and the population migrated over to a new server; until the FULL server no longer has a queue. (Migrate them over to another server that is the same type and time zone.)

Yes, there will be unhappy players about being put on another server than what they started out with. At least they'll be able to play and not stuck in a queue for over an hour or more.
I'm certain that the amount of players who are unhappy, about being stuck in a server queue for hours on end; far outnumber the amount that would be generated by a forced server migration.

Count me as one of the MANY unhappy players, who is tired of waiting for more than 2 hours to play. I was one of the fortunate to get a Day 1 invite to the EGA and on Day 1, there weren't any queue times that I noticed. On day 2 though, I waited 6 HOURS in the queue to get on and play. Thankfully, it hasn't been that bad since. Unfortunately, my average wait time in the queue is around 2 hours. This is ludicrous and the only reason I keep putting up with the queue times, must be because I'm a glutton for punishment. Ugh!
Harbinger <Flurry United>

Fabuleux
12.17.2011 , 11:40 PM | #1574
Oh it's never too late to add a couple of oceanic servers you know. Then I could laglessly float over there and avoid the growing hatred the American population of The swiftsure have towards me.

Modrapohlavi
12.17.2011 , 11:40 PM | #1575
The worse part is, the estimated wait for the queues are much shorter than it actually is...

ETA queue of 50 minutes is more like an hour and a half.

toocrazed
12.17.2011 , 11:41 PM | #1576
There should not be any que at all come launch time since we have to PAY FOR THE TIME to play.

DireWolfalpha
12.17.2011 , 11:41 PM | #1577
Honestly Bioware I've never seen que's in any other game I've played, even the que for a couple of other start up mmo's in the last five years weren't this long. See Hellgate London and Tabula Rasa to name a few. Then 2 years ago almost STO was launched, Cryptic underestimated their server load then also. For almost 3 months they had que's almost every day. They saw a big drop in subscriptions during that time..

Please Bioware fix this problem before launch....
If it moves shoot it, if it doesn't move then shoot it again and make sure it's dead!

crosisomega
12.17.2011 , 11:43 PM | #1578
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabuleux View Post
Oh it's never too late to add a couple of oceanic servers you know. Then I could laglessly float over there and avoid the growing hatred the American population of The swiftsure have towards me.

o-O I dont hate you guys for playing on the server I was assigned to. I am annoyed that Bioware cant just give you guys an oceanic server or five. I mean really, Its common sense to give Europe and other countries more server space too right?

Consular and Inquisitor, I will be playing different sides of the same coin.
CROSSBONES Guild

MikeGunshow
12.17.2011 , 11:43 PM | #1579
I don't mind the queues... I'd mind them MUCH less if I could watch the cinematics while I'm waiting in the queue. Alas, you can't access the cinematics until you're in the server... and you wouldn't be able to click on them while you're waiting in the queue, anyway. Regardless... anyone else agree? 30 minutes flies by between watching all of the cinematics... and I can watch them over and over again.

webtoehobbit
12.17.2011 , 11:43 PM | #1580
Well said DirtyShadow, they have yet to actually say what they're going to do to fix the issue, adding servers will not fix the issue at heart right now, adding new servers without being able to transfer characters to the new ones will not aleviate the queue times. Please Bioware, give us an answer, we are now paying customers, give us some hope. Just a quick "we're working on increasing the populations of the servers" or "we're going to allow character transfers" would suffice, you don't even necessarily have to give a specific timeline, but just knowing that you plan on actually fixing the REAL issue would give us all some hope. It's good customer service, thousands of your customers are sitting in the dark here waiting for an answer! PLEASE GIVE US AN ANSWER!