Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Super easy final quest fight [SPOILER]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Super easy final quest fight [SPOILER]

Merras
01.15.2013 , 08:42 PM | #1
OK, I'm a bit disappointed. I read several posts about how insane is the final fight with the Emperor. JK is my second character so my first character give him plenty of credits and crafted stuff to do the class quests. I was also warned about the importance of T7's gear.

First: it is very disappointing that the final quest forces me to use T7. I like T7, really nice character but not as a fighting companion. Honestly I hadn't enough money to gear him up - but I heard about the chest with some T7 gear so let's start.

After I arrived to Dromund Kass I instantly changed T7 to HK51. From the story point of view he is much more logical choice: a Hunter-Killer unit whos original version built by the famous Revan - he seems the appropirate choice. The fights against the mobs on Dromund Kaas were super easy - especially in my Tionese gear which I received instantly after hit lvl50. (And HK51's assasinate was fun against strong mobs but there was not neccesarry... just fun.)

OK, I found the chest I swapped back to T7, go to the Emperor - and a bug made the final fight SUPEREASY.

First conversation: "You can't beat me, blah-blah-blah."

After that the Emperor just standed beside me. OK, let's kite him out I though - I definitely saw another sith emperor somewhere who couldn't survive a big fall, I think his name was Palpatine. It is a working, tested method I though.

He is just followed me but not attacked. After a few steps I though: OK, let's attack him and run out. I force pushed him - and he instantly died! No epic battle - one force push and the Emperor was dead!!!

I always liked Force Push ability but I never imagined how overpowered ability is this. One Force Push and I win the battle against the Emperor... LOL.

LOL but also sad. I _wanted_ an epic battle. Of course I had some "cheats" because I don't like frustrating, impossible battles either: Tionese gear, some modifications from my main character, etc. I wanted the feeling of achievement... and a bug take that from me.

I tried to reset the quest, but no luck. Ticket submitted.

planet_J
01.16.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
That fight was a joke....my sentinel beat it first time without any trouble...took me maybe 60-75 seconds o burn him down. Darth angral is really the emperor fight for JKs the emperor is EASY bug or not.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

DarthMeridian
01.16.2013 , 09:46 PM | #3
They should make this fight harder by deselecting your target, when the clones spawns - that way u need to have high awareness to figure out which of the emperors is casting that instakill spell.

Ryat
01.16.2013 , 10:44 PM | #4
This fight has always been bugged. Either you get the instagib ability smacking you in the face or the Emperor dies so quickly its not even funny. The one (and only IMHO) bad part of the Jedi Knight story.

Talyndor
01.17.2013 , 09:20 AM | #5
lol.
I have been playing this game since its release. There was a time (if you look at old threads) when the final quest fight was almost un-winnable. The various strats people used to win was amusing to read. Sentinels, back then btw, were considered under-powered as a dps class, as well! (not any more, of course).
Then they changed the mechanics and it became almost too easy.
Interesting to see that not much has changed over the past year in terms of this final battle.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

DaveMcKnight
01.17.2013 , 06:33 PM | #6
First, I'm going to be honest. I've yet to fight the Emperor on my JK since I've had a few screw-ups along the way that necessitated me starting from scratch.

But I've read these forums quite a bit, and from what I've read and seen on YouTube, the Emperor was nearly-unbeatable originally, than got nerfed for one reason or another. Now, someone said Angral is the 'Emperor fight' for the Jedi. To me, this is not true. I beat Angral pretty easily compared to Kira's Brother on that asteroid facility. Every other boss in the game thus far (I beat Angral last night at level 32), I've dealt with in one go except when there's a bug at work (this happened with Malcovic). I think one of the main reasons is because Valis, like others have said, is the 'training mission' for using interrupts as often as you have to later in the game. I was using interrupts like crazy with Angral, but with Valis I was barely using them until the final time I did it, a few days ago.

I'm almost not looking forward to the Emperor fight simply because I know its nerfed to the point that if you use interrupts and such, you can kick his *** in a little over or under a minute, depending on your spec, or if a bug is at work that keeps the Emperor from fighting you for some reason. But I'll do it, simply because I enjoy the story of the game and I'm hoping to see more additions to the game as time goes on.

Tontse
01.18.2013 , 04:13 AM | #7
Finished the fight lastnite on my sentinel(recruit pvpgear), was way too easy. I think even
Spoiler
was more challenging on my marauder.

Never_Hesitate
01.18.2013 , 04:30 AM | #8
I only encountered one story-boss who made me break a sweat.

The boss is the SI's endboss on Nar Shaada.
The problem I had with him is that he drained my force to almost 0 on my sorc at the beginning of the fight.

The endbosses I met so far were all very easy and nothing compared to some planet quest bosses. (I'm not speaking about the heroic quests, just the regular planet quests)
waiting for ...

DemonicPenguin
01.19.2013 , 11:22 AM | #9
JK was my first character and I'd read about needing to gear up T7. I'd gotten lazy on class missions and only bothered to interupt if I was getting killed. Once I got insta-killed by his force push or whatever that was the only time I lost. After beating the "final boss" in that 60-75 second range on my second life I was kind of bummed too. Since I played most of the story with Kira and Doc I would have liked to have had them with me in the final fight, or at least HK-51 because he's so fun.

I still thought the story was good, but the end fight was blah.