49 and looking to figure out stats

psheets

I am looking to finally invest in some purple mods and am a bit unsure of what to go for. I am speced in Defense as I found it easiest to solo with (what I do the majority of the time). I am hoping to do the HK quests once I hit 50 though and be able to solo all that I can of that line (never having done it before I am unsure of what's involved in it honestly.

Thank you for any help!

I am looking to finally invest in some purple mods and am a bit unsure of what to go for. I am speced in Defense as I found it easiest to solo with (what I do the majority of the time). I am hoping to do the HK quests once I hit 50 though and be able to solo all that I can of that line (never having done it before I am unsure of what's involved in it honestly.

Thank you for any help!

When you hit 50, use the boatloads of planetary comms you have saved up and hit the makeb vendor and just get tons of defense/shield/absorb (after upgrading mainhand/offhand/armorings)

You may need to go back to do old heroics to get more planetary comms for all your gear to be modded with it though.

As for the HK missions, you really should group for false emperor and also for Maelstrom Hard Mode, but as a tank the queues should be quicker and if you're geared with the makeb vendor then you're overgeared for all those missions. All the other 'heroics' are ez-mode and you can do them with doc in greens so long as you're in your purples.

Actual distribution of the shield/absorb/defense stats doesn't really come into play until you start doing Hard Mode operations (of the level 55 variety), though being a guardian defense is more important to focus in, so keep that in mind.

Well I feel a bit fooling after looking at that level 50 vendor. I am a crafter in most games and seeing what I could just buy at 50 instead of spending my evening crafting (and reverse engineering) to get purple and blue mods I am honestly quite sad at all the time spent doing it now.

I appreciate the advice and will just hold out until 50 now.