Star Wars Land is coming to Disney World!

Beniboybling

You heard right, Star Wars Land is coming to Disney World!

Here's an excerpt from IGN's article on the news:

A new report at Theme Park Insider, citing multiple sources, says that an entire Star Wars Land will be added to Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, FL. Don’t get in line just yet – Theme Park Insider says Star Wars Land is projected to be a five-year project, meaning it wouldn’t open until 2018, though there is a possibility of that being accelerated by a year.
Read the full article here.

Even though I live in the UK, I will get there. One day!

Edited by Beniboybling

You heard right, Star Wars Land is coming to Disney World!

Here's an excerpt from IGN's article on the news:Read the full article here.

Even though I live in the UK, I will get there. One day!

Same, I'm from the UK and the idea of a Star Wars land sounds pretty cool.

Actually, I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts so the new game having sith in it would be pretty awesome! Swear I thought I saw one in the 1.5 HD remix ad on the game 368/2 days or whatever it's called.

Same, I'm from the UK and the idea of a Star Wars land sounds pretty cool.

Actually, I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts so the new game having sith in it would be pretty awesome! Swear I thought I saw one in the 1.5 HD remix ad on the game 368/2 days or whatever it's called.

Hey didn't think of that, never been a big fan of Kingdom Hearts but if its got Star Wars in...

If they ever do build a Star Wars Land, and if I ever go there, I will go dressed as Sephiroth, go over to all the cosplayers dressed as Vader and such, and go "You got nuthin on this." They'll pull out all their little 3 1/2 lightsabers, an I will pull out the 6ft long replica of the Masamune. I will then pull out an iPod and go; "This is your theme song." and play the Imperial March theme, and then switch and go "Now, this is MY theme." and initiate the One-Winged Angel song from the Advent Children Complete feature movie.

You know Sephiroth's theme is a hundred times better. :cool:

There is no way to describe the profanity of the whole idea.Star Wars will become a joke ,suitable only for nerds(in a bad way) or children.And this is a hugely censored description because of the forum rules. Edited by Kaedusz

I find your lack of faith disturbing... :csw_vader:

EDIT: No really I do, what is this madness!

It's called taste in music. The Imp March theme was iconic for the SW series and is used for more than just letting everyone know Vader was on the scene. However the One Winged Angel theme is what really got peoples blood boiling and bodies moving. You could feel the action through the music, and you knew the second that theme started, things were going to explode into battle.

And I don't believe a concert hall has ever sold out seating in a day just for an orchestra to play SW music. But they did when the OWA theme was to be first played live in America, and Nobuo Uematsu, who had created virtually all the music in the Final Fantasy series, was surprised and warmed by how his music had been so exceptionally received in the US.

And you know, when I was in High School, when we were all called down to listen to the bands and orchestra play in our school, they wouldn't play the Imperial March song from SW as a special. They recited One Winged Angel. :D

Edited by ReiKai

It's called taste in music. The Imp March theme was iconic for the SW series and is used for more than just letting everyone know Vader was on the scene. However the One Winged Angel theme is what really got peoples blood boiling and bodies moving. You could feel the action through the music, and you knew the second that theme started, things were going to explode into battle.

And I don't believe a concert hall has ever sold out seating in a day just for an orchestra to play SW music. But they did when the OWA theme was to be first played live in America, and Nobuo Uematsu, who had created virtually all the music in the Final Fantasy series, was surprised and warmed by how his music had been so exceptionally received in the US.

And you know, when I was in High School, when we were all called down to listen to the bands and orchestra play in our school, they wouldn't play the Imperial March song from SW as a special. They recited One Winged Angel. :D

Each to there own. To me it sounded like a cross between something from The Nutcracker with some head-ache-inducing metal music thrown in there. I much prefer the Imperial March.

As for concerts, yes, of course they have. The music one an Oscar for crying out loud! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

Each to there own. To me it sounded like a cross between something from The Nutcracker with some head-ache-inducing metal music thrown in there. I much prefer the Imperial March.

As for concerts, yes, of course they have. The music one an Oscar for crying out loud! :D

And then came the 90's, and everything changed. Also, like I said that was the Advent Children version. This is the Original One Winged Angel orchestra theme from the FF7 game. Nobuo Uematsu has been given constant love and praise for his works, and many stores in Japan regularly played "

" from FF8 (despite FF8 not being a great FF game). The man is brilliant.

Between Uematsu's music and Yo****aka Amano's artwork and character designs, they practically built the Final Fantasy series. Though it is true, we all have different taste in music. But think about it. We've had SW since the late 70's(?) and has been with people for many years before FF7 was introduced in 1997. And when that hit on the PS1, people were enthralled by the storytelling and, most of all, the Music. Uematsu had finally been given a platform that could handle and translate the full measure of his music, something the likes of the Nintendo and SNES could never manage to do. This was Quality Music and became an instant favorite, even in the US.

I am not saying in all of this that the SW music is bad. I do like it, both the original scores and the newer themes brought into SWTOR. But what Uematsu constructs just hits you more fully, the mood and emotional flow of the music more brilliantly executed. Though that is just my assessment. But when you had to tell a tale in games with no voices, what told the story better than the written word, was the feel of the music surrounding it.

And then came the 90's, and everything changed. Also, like I said that was the Advent Children version. This is the Original One Winged Angel orchestra theme from the FF7 game. Nobuo Uematsu has been given constant love and praise for his works, and many stores in Japan regularly played "
" from FF8 (despite FF8 not being a great FF game). The man is brilliant.

Between Uematsu's music and Yo****aka Amano's artwork and character designs, they practically built the Final Fantasy series. Though it is true, we all have different taste in music. But think about it. We've had SW since the late 70's(?) and has been with people for many years before FF7 was introduced in 1997. And when that hit on the PS1, people were enthralled by the storytelling and, most of all, the Music. Uematsu had finally been given a platform that could handle and translate the full measure of his music, something the likes of the Nintendo and SNES could never manage to do. This was Quality Music and became an instant favorite, even in the US.

I am not saying in all of this that the SW music is bad. I do like it, both the original scores and the newer themes brought into SWTOR. But what Uematsu constructs just hits you more fully, the mood and emotional flow of the music more brilliantly executed. Though that is just my assessment. But when you had to tell a tale in games with no voices, what told the story better than the written word, was the feel of the music surrounding it.

Nobuo Uematsu and John Williams should fight. :D

But yeah, I much prefer that original one. But I still prefer the general feel of the Star Wars theme. I actually find it more powerful. But yeah, differing opinions I guess.

If they ever do build a Star Wars Land, and if I ever go there, I will go dressed as Sephiroth, go over to all the cosplayers dressed as Vader and such, and go "You got nuthin on this." They'll pull out all their little 3 1/2 lightsabers, an I will pull out the 6ft long replica of the Masamune. I will then pull out an iPod and go; "This is your theme song." and play the Imperial March theme, and then switch and go "Now, this is MY theme." and initiate the One-Winged Angel song from the Advent Children Complete feature movie.

You know Sephiroth's theme is a hundred times better. :cool:

Anyone who's been to Star Wars in Concert will disagree.

Anyone who's been to Star Wars in Concert will disagree.

Tomatoe, Tomato. People will argue over anything. I would just do it as a joke for the fun of it. We've seen the like at conventions all the time. Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans battling it out, and either of the two against Predators and Aliens, even a few with X-Men and such. It's just all over the place. That's how everyone makes money. People will argue and fight and spend thousands of dollars building costumes to prove their fandom.

Though honestly I'd like to go as Vampire Hunter D, look at every group, and just put them all down. Just because that's my fandom.