Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Prospective Future Game Expansion Theme: Collapse of the Sith Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Prospective Future Game Expansion Theme: Collapse of the Sith Empire

IoNonSoEVero
10.21.2017 , 10:30 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
While I only play Pubside myself I can see Nic's point here. However, I would argue that what would happen is that you would have a galaxy wide struggle to survive not just the Empire. Zakuul tore a new hole in everyone which means they are all wounded. Seeing enemies wounded will emobolden factions in everyone's camp. Further all the reasonable people of all allegiances would be struggling desperately to hold things together.

The way I see it is that there could be three paths Imperial, Republic and Alliance. Each player gets to chose where they want their allegiances to go with the alliance being the neutral choice. From there they have four path choices: to focus on bolstering internal strength, to focus on exploiting their enemies' weakness, try to work together to rebuild in the aftermath of Zakuul, or to purge the "weak and indecisive" people who want to rebuilt rather than crush their enemies.

This same dynamic plays out across all the faction and basically you as player are chosing where to put your efforts. Meanwhile, the non playable factions are trying to press their advantge, any left over separatists or those newly in favor of it, the Hutt Cartel, left over revanites, the black sun, the exchange, etc.

I think if approached from this angle, the story will return to much the same format as chapter 3 of the base game with an additional faction. Some of the stories will be much smaller and can be wrapped up in one sitting and others will be much larger and can span more than one update.

Also *nudge nudge* That companion system where the companion remembers your choices so they can react in the future is still a thing.
I think this entire post is brilliant, and I dearly wish that BW would take heed of it and do this.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.21.2017 , 01:00 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Why would you wish someone's death so badly? I don't like that attitude. I despised Loser Malgus, because he was a pathetic wimp. But I didn't make a fuss about wiping him off the history books. It just came with the job. What exactly has Satele done to you?
Cos she's annoying. Simple. Did we need big reasons to want Aric Jorgan dead? Kaliyo? Nope. But yet we still got the option. Easy to say you "don't care" if Malgus died when he's already gone after all. You'd be fine if he'd lived after moving against you? Because I'm quite sure 90% of the community wouldn't have been happy with it. I mean there was huge outrage over not being able to kill Scorpio/Koth/Arcann during KOTFE as the devs themselves mentioned in a post ages ago which is why they made those people kill-able quicker than planned in KOTET and condensed the story. Satele is an ENEMY to my Sith and Imp toons. That why she needs to die. Simple.

kodrac
10.21.2017 , 01:47 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I'd much rather have the "Underworld" faction surface that people throw up occasionally as an idea.

It'd give Smugglers and Bounty Hunters more relevance for sure.
I'm down with that.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

SourOrange
10.21.2017 , 01:56 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by pazzakey View Post
Sith Empire Logo
Galactic Republic Logo

Speaking of that, saw this the other day on Reddit, the Empire (SWTOR) and Republic (Clone Wars) have a similar logo ... maybe the Empire ends up merging with the Republic?
That has crossed my mind multiple times for several reasons including the one you mention. It would also explain why some Republic folks at the time of the Clone Wars have an "Imperial" accent. Pockets of the culture, its mannerisms or hallmarks might have survived over generations.

kodrac
10.21.2017 , 02:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by pazzakey View Post
Sith Empire Logo
Galactic Republic Logo

Speaking of that, saw this the other day on Reddit, the Empire (SWTOR) and Republic (Clone Wars) have a similar logo ... maybe the Empire ends up merging with the Republic?
Deja vu. I think we had this conversation a few years back.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.