Treasure Hunting Gifts

booziwan

So i know that your treasure hunting missions are slightly different depending on whatever your location is. I was wondering if anyone knows where the best place for Rank 5 Companion Gift missions is. TIA

The list changes whenever you change zone but this is not because each zone has a prefered list, it is because changing zone causes the list to regenerate. So if you are having trouble finding the ones you want just hop on and off your ship at fleet a few times until you find them.

Above being said, it is definitely true that available missions may be different depending on your FACTION. No idea if this is true for Treasure hunting specifically though. It's further possible that these faction differences are imbalanced, (I know that's true for Diplomacy, IIIRC all the Grade 3 rich missions are Imperial, and I believe all the grade 4 & 5 rich missions are republic). So it's possible (though I don't know for sure) that for treasure hunting, one side (or the other) has an advantage when it comes to obtaining grade 5 gifts.

I have crafters on both factions and I can guarantee you that no one has an advantage in missions. The list generates randomly and refreshes when you change zone or when you actually do a mission. Any perception that there is an advantage comes from just being unlucky on the refresh.

I've run into stretches where I can't seem to get a UT metal mission of a specific tier for 4 or 5 refreshes which isn't that big a deal because I've also had stretches where I'd get 2 or 3 UT metal missions each refresh. It all balances out in the end.