Which Skills for Endgame?

seabromd

Hey all,

I'm looking for thoughts on endgame utility for crafting.

I know Biochem gives reusable items, which is great. I know Cybertech gives grenades - less useful, but interesting. Are there any other that provide similar utility that I'm not aware of?

Basically, I'm asking what gives things that are actually useful for endgame. Each profession crafts something or other, but honestly, I don't care for "belts" and things because you can easily get similar ones by other means.

Is there any hidden utility in the other craftings?

Unfortunately the only crafting skill that I believe is truly advantageous at endgame is Biochem. I play a sage healer and the rakata medpac, stim and the 4o adrenals I have are awesome. I couldnt imagine having to spend thousands of credits every raid to buy the prototype/exotech and that is if they are on the GTN.

Synthweaving/armstech/armorermech could be could come 1.3 since they can make the augment kits.

Like you said all the other skills can make things that after a few weeks of raiding you have something equal or better. Unless you end up crit crafting a rakata piece but I tried that and after wasting 10 biometric alloy on rakata bracers and still I didnt get a crit I gave up.

All this is obviously just my opinion however, BW has some work to do making all crafting skills worthwhile at endgame.

Biochem for your main. Any of the others are just gimmicks and credit sinks at end game.

The cybertech grenades are not as useful as they're made out to be...low DPS, too long of a cooldown, shared cooldown, etc. It is good, however, for gearing alts with mods and armorings.

Synth, armor, and weapons may be useful money makers for the aug kits and augments.

Biochem is still king though