MOX Raid / Solo Meters

yes there is right click on the pop up window of raid damage delt and toggle the dps/hps on. it will show both total damage and dps.

This works for me but it will not bring up the option for other people in my guild even though they have updated the program.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As briefly mentioned already in the thread, when an operative or assassin vanishes they leave combat for a short time, resetting their combat log feed. Some sort of workaround for this would be great to make sure all the classes are properly represented.

It's okay you can just assume that even if these guys do everything perfectly they'll still be near the bottom.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback, suggestions, bug reports, etc. I know there are a lot of feature requests/improvements out there and I want to get to them, but stabilizing the tool and my infrastructure are top priorities. With the said, I feel like things are working rather well at this point. I just rolled out a new version today (v 0.9.6.4). Here's a summary of the latest changes:

• Fixed a crash involving the raid healing popout

• Fixed the overflow/bad Int32 crash

• Fixed a parsing error involving incomplete time stamps

• Jedi Shadows should no longer have their stats reset when using Force Cloak during combat

• Made a fix to in combat revives

• Made an adjustment to how end time and duration are calculated on failed attempts ("wipes")

Known Issues:

• Scoundrels are still having their stats reset when vanishing during combat, I need one to please send me an email with a sample scoundrel log so I can get this taken care of

Like I said earlier in the post, I feel like things are getting much more stable/accurate. There are some specific things I'd like people to keep an eye on:

Vanishing mid-combat should be fixed for shadows, operatives, and assassins. If you are one of those classes and are still having problems (under the latest version), please email me a log sample.

Raid archiving is now working significantly better (at least it has been in my tests). If anyone is seeing any major problems with their archived fight data (e.g. missing fights completely, very bad/inaccurate numbers, etc.) please email me your raid key and I can look into it.

If you get any crashes/errors please try to email me with any relevant data you can provide. People have been very helpful thus far in helping me identify specific problems very quickly (Thank you!)

Feature requests are great and I'm doing my best to keep track of what's important and desired by a lot of people. Please be patient, I am reading your ideas and I do plan to continue to add and improve this. Thanks again for everyone's support.

Thank you for continuing to update this. Every parser out there I have seen/used seems to keep missing the most important thing for tanks. Avoidance, shield, absorb, etc etc. We REALLY need this info right now because I have a feeling 1 tank class is falling behind the other two.

Great work but has a few issues which reduces its productivity tbh.

First of all, on the fly analasis is great, but when wanting to view logs after the raid its impossible to pick out fights because it includes all trash and bosses, sometimes even trash in boss fights as well. Or no fights at all.

Also as a raidleader I use it to try and figure out what went wrong on certain wipes, who took what damage or was attacking who (A key thing for tank bosses with the shield generator). Raid members are reluctent to say I hit X on accident and keep quiet.

This kind of information being accessible is key to make it so much better.

Similar problems to what we're having. We've tried using Mr. Robot to upload our stuff to but it seems there are discrepancies between what live looks like and the uploaded logs? It's confusing...but I love this addon and I think real time tracking is of upmost importance, hoping the online logs just get better with this program.

Edited by Seldaris

Similar problems to what we're having. We've tried using Mr. Robot to upload our stuff to but it seems there are discrepancies between what live looks like and the uploaded logs? It's confusing...but I love this addon and I think real time tracking is of upmost importance, hoping the online logs just get better with this program.

Seldaris, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. I'm interested in checking out the difference between the 2 parsers, because we're fans of the MOX live tool :) The difference could be in how DPS is calculated, but if you have a link to the log after it's uploaded to MOX, and a link to the AMR log, I'll take a look.

For example, some live damage meters (in the WoW days), would only count your DPS while alive, the minute you died, the DPS meter stopped. Other meters would keep logging while the fight went out, so your DPS would be lower (since you can't DPS while dead). I am not sure how MOX handles it, but it's likely we are doing different calculations.

Posting the two links will let both Ginnai and I look into it :)

(I also don't want to hijack Ginnai's thread, so feel free to post Mr. Robot specific questions in this thread)

Edited by Zoopercat

Thanks for this everyone works well its great however since yesterday I've had one problem with it.

When the fight is finished, say last boss of a fp or ops for example, the meter will keep running like I'm still in combat and the dps will keep dropping and dropping to random amounts like 343.

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks for this everyone works well its great however since yesterday I've had one problem with it.

When the fight is finished, say last boss of a fp or ops for example, the meter will keep running like I'm still in combat and the dps will keep dropping and dropping to random amounts like 343.

Anyone else getting this?

This will hopefully be less of a problem with the latest version, the last item was related to that:

"Made an adjustment to how end time and duration are calculated on failed attempts ("wipes")"

Also, for now i have been counting time while dead since I am tracking total time of the encounter (in the event of being revived mid-fight). I could attempt to track time alive more accurately, but that could produce other bad results. For example, I apply a bunch of DOTs and die, I will be dealing damage, but not alive. For these reasons, I'm not a big fan of DPS, its a very point-in-time type of statistic. I've considering re-writing my calculated DPS to be more variable and not just an average for the entire duration of a fight. Both can provide different insights. For now, I hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Also, on an different note, I had a fix failed scenario with the bad int32 crash during my deeper testing. I fixed it and pushed another update this evening (0.9.6.5). I apologize to anyone on 0.9.6.4 that is still getting that problem.

How to parse for Overhealing:

As a DPS sorcerer I was noticing my healing through Parasitism was huge so looked at the raw log and saw that only some of the log entries had threat attached to them. My hypothesis was the healing value shown was everything my Parasitism tried to heal me for and not discounting overhealing when I was at full health with the threat value showing the difference between them.

I tested this out with a healing sorc friend of mine and confirmed that if you heal someone at full health it shows up in the log with no threat. Using Consumption to get low in health it showed up with threat of 42.5% of the total healing done (2:1 heal to threat ratio with 15% threat reduction talent for healing sorcerers). If the heal only did partial healing, the threat shown was 42.5% of the actual healing done and not of the total value of the heal cast.

I urge you to test this also yourself and if you confirm it too incorporate it into your parser.

How to parse for Overhealing: ...

I appreciate you posting this and I am aware of this. In most cases it could be decently accurate, but certainly not in all. Tracking modifications to threat can be difficult (or impossible). For example, the threat reduction from talents. I have no way of seeing this and it is different on each class and there's the possilbity that you didn't put any points into it at all. Other threat reducing things can be tracked (although it may be more difficult). For example, being shielded by a tank. These are other modifiers that I would have to track and even then, it may not be completely accurate.

Personally, I would rather its just added to the logging so that there is no question about it. I know its an important stat to healers, but if its going to be very time consuming to implement and not necessarily accurate, I am not inclined to work on it. There are other issues that could be more easily tackled that will provide value. If anything, you should petition Bioware to add it properly to the logs (along with healing from shields). Healing is probably the most poorly logged statistic in general right now.

I appreciate you posting this and I am aware of this. In most cases it could be decently accurate, but certainly not in all. Tracking modifications to threat can be difficult (or impossible). For example, the threat reduction from talents. I have no way of seeing this and it is different on each class and there's the possilbity that you didn't put any points into it at all. Other threat reducing things can be tracked (although it may be more difficult). For example, being shielded by a tank. These are other modifiers that I would have to track and even then, it may not be completely accurate.

Ginnai, if you want to see the talents you can grab profiles from the API we have over at Ask Mr. Robot. Of course it would only work for someone who has a profile, but we already have 100,000 people using the site, so it's a start. We built the API for uses just like this! You can check out the implementation over at simulationcraft if you want an example.

If something is missing from the API that you would need to do something cool with your raid meter, let us know (we're totally fans of your application!)

We'll probably spend some time testing out this theory, that I think Rague's healer sorc partner in crime posted on our forums. And just like you said, to do it right we'd have to know everyone's talents, so we'll be working integrating with character's talents as well.

Personally, I would rather its just added to the logging so that there is no question about it. I know its an important stat to healers, but if its going to be very time consuming to implement and not necessarily accurate, I am not inclined to work on it. There are other issues that could be more easily tackled that will provide value. If anything, you should petition Bioware to add it properly to the logs (along with healing from shields). Healing is probably the most poorly logged statistic in general right now.

I agree it would be time consuming to implement and understand your desire to work on other things but I do think it would not be impossible.

One can find out what class a person plays by the spells they cast and then from that there are only 1-2 options for lower threat values on spells cast. With a check for the maximum heal to threat ratio would give a solid indication if they had any of the few threat reduction talents in the game (obviously easier for a web parser that can look over a whole fight before displaying data then a live parser). Additionally Guard shows up in the log for 2 separate buffs on application, shows up when the person moves in and out of range, and again twice upon removal of the buff. It can be tracked for active times. Not perfect, but would be pretty damn close to it on boss fights.

I am right there with you on wishing BW would give us more information on the logs.

Thank you for all your effort in making this live log parser.

Thank you for this - it's working wonders! However, being a tank, I am more interested in my threat per second. Do you think you could implement this to, and include the threat modifiers (1 for normal attacks, 0,5 for heals and 1,5 for special attacks)? :D

That would make my life complete :)

I was curious what the 0.9.6.5 version update included. I noticed I saw no version history for it ^^.

Sorry I didn't post an item for it (I did now on the site), but 0.9.6.5 was a quick follow up fix to the overflow crash bug.

Also, I just pushed out 0.9.7.0 which has a fair amount of changes and new things. Here's a summary of the changes:

• Added a new tab for damage absorbed (under the personal tab)

• Added mitigation data to the personal damage taken section (hits, misses, dodges, etc.)

• Added another fix for in-combat revives

• Added scroll bars to the main client panes

• Fixed a bug that could cause the entire application to freeze

• Improved the performance of the client

• Improved the rendering of the client (and pop outs)

Note: Damage absorbed and mitigation data will not been seen on the web archive yet (still working on this).

Sorry I didn't post an item for it (I did now on the site), but 0.9.6.5 was a quick follow up fix to the overflow crash bug.

(...)

Note: Damage absorbed and mitigation data will not been seen on the web archive yet (still working on this).

Any chance you would be considering implementing threat done? :)