PVP Secondairy stat gearing

DarthYun

Hey all,

As a player who has just hit his expertise cap with a lot of Conq, Partisan and some Obroan pieces and who is taking PvP a lot more serious lately I was just wondering how secondairy stats work in PvP. As a Carnage Marauder I have BiS PvE gear and know the stats I need by heart (100% Acc, ~70% surge, rest power).

However I was wondering if this also counts for PvP. I see a lot of crit gear at the vendor and was kind of confused if I should take those Weaponmaster pieces or go with a mix of Vindicator and Weaponmaster pieces. I tried searching the webz for this but it only resulted in how to get gear guides, not in how to manage secondairy stats.

When I asked on fleet replies were mixed. Some said more accuracy is best, some said everything above 95% is wasted.

So would anyone be kind enough to explain if there is and 'optimal' set of secondairy stats?

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by DarthYun

Thank you for your reply. Crit seems a wasted stat indeed since smashmonkeys autocrit, but can you please elaborate why accuracy isn't needed at all in PvP?

You get plenty from your class and form, plus +1% from companion affection. Healers and DPS'ers have a very low chance of defending against your hits anyway, so investing in Accuracy is basically pointless.

You get plenty from your class and form, plus +1% from companion affection. Healers and DPS'ers have a very low chance of defending against your hits anyway, so investing in Accuracy is basically pointless.

Thanks for elaborating. I will use your advice and maybe see you in raked soon to smash the **** out of you!

Edited by DarthYun

So I kind of disagree with this and hope can elaborate more, as I was kind of taught different.

Lets say I have 101 Accuracy and you have 98 accuracy, I have 3% bonus of hitting you more often and dodging your attacks. If you have 105% accurcacy and I had a 95% I would not be able to dodge and you would hit me more.

Is this not true?

I thought (espicially with ranked) you want to have a higher chance of hitting your targets and inflicting damage (power /surge) as much as possible and then running away as a MARA?

Thanks,

- miri

Stack presence all day.

I heard aim mara's do top dps too!

On a more serious note, is there no one who has ever experimented with these secondairy stats? Cause everybody just says something else and there is no real way to verify. The PvP dummies must've yielded something ...

Edited by DarthYun

I go another way. Surge does nothing for you if you never crit. I cap crit then cap surge then power. PVP is not about sustained damage, it's about bursting someone down when you need to.

I don't recommend that. Its fine putting a few crit mods in here and there, but if you really are talking about burst, all your enhancements should be ALL Surge+Power. In either Carnie or Rage, your burst is automatic crit. Your Crit multi should be pushing 75-76%, Crit around 17%-18%. Changing a possibilities on a d100 by 5 or 6 is minor..

Stack Surge/Power

Hey all,

As a player who has just hit his expertise cap with a lot of Conq, Partisan and some Obroan pieces and who is taking PvP a lot more serious lately I was just wondering how secondairy stats work in PvP. As a Carnage Marauder I have BiS PvE gear and know the stats I need by heart (100% Acc, ~70% surge, rest power).

However I was wondering if this also counts for PvP. I see a lot of crit gear at the vendor and was kind of confused if I should take those Weaponmaster pieces or go with a mix of Vindicator and Weaponmaster pieces. I tried searching the webz for this but it only resulted in how to get gear guides, not in how to manage secondairy stats.

When I asked on fleet replies were mixed. Some said more accuracy is best, some said everything above 95% is wasted.

So would anyone be kind enough to explain if there is and 'optimal' set of secondairy stats?

Thank you in advance :)

Accuracy - Defense = Change to Hit

Accuracy is not valuable in PvP because just about every attack in PvP is considered a "Special Attack". The native ACC for a SP Attack is already 100% and only applies to weapon damage attacks. As a Combat/Carnie, the spec already adds around 5% to enough ACC to counter the "native" defense(5%) rating for any other class(except the clothies). In other words, under normal conditions, the chances of you getting a "miss" is slim to none(unless your acc is debuffed or the person has increased their defense rating<<<<< this is what really impacts whether you get a "miss", and you can't really stack any amount of ACC to overcome that).

Edited by L-RANDLE

I go another way. Surge does nothing for you if you never crit. I cap crit then cap surge then power. PVP is not about sustained damage, it's about bursting someone down when you need to.

Except if you are stacking all crit your attacks are doing 1-2k less damage per hit and at the same time you are only critting 7-8% more. Its not worth it.