Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Consular siding with the Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Consular siding with the Empire

Estelindis
02.18.2019 , 09:41 AM | #11
I don't think it's ever the right moral choice to side with the Empire, no matter how useful they were compared to the Republic during KotET. However it can be the "right" (as in appropriate) choice for your character, as a way to express part of the complexity you're roleplaying. Our characters don't have to be perfect. They can become arrogant, impatient, frustrated, and make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes will have lasting negative effects, yet they can make for a great story.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Xilizhra
02.18.2019 , 04:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I don't think it's ever the right moral choice to side with the Empire, no matter how useful they were compared to the Republic during KotET. However it can be the "right" (as in appropriate) choice for your character, as a way to express part of the complexity you're roleplaying. Our characters don't have to be perfect. They can become arrogant, impatient, frustrated, and make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes will have lasting negative effects, yet they can make for a great story.
What if you don't think the Empire will win the war, but you don't want the Republic to win either because of its habit of attempted genocide?

irrevelant
02.19.2019 , 06:39 AM | #13
Would be funny in a movie. Male jedi consular gets enough of the Republic, marries to Darth Acina, and become Sith Emperor. Well my character did not take such path, because on Ossuss he remained loyal to the Republic.

The primary problem with the Empire is their ideals, and the fact, that we know almost nothing about it. I mean Acina claims, that the Empire is changed, but how much we saw of it? Did she erased slavery? Reduced the extreme rights of Siths? The inside stirr didn't changed. We just wanted to talk about stuff on one day, and we get betrayed by some lowly minister.

Ardrossan
02.19.2019 , 08:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
What if you don't think the Empire will win the war, but you don't want the Republic to win either because of its habit of attempted genocide?
This is sort of the reason my DS Empress agent sided with the pubs on Ossus. She doesn't want either side to come out on top. She wants to do maximum damage to both sides so they'll be easier to knock down with the Alliance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

irrevelant
02.20.2019 , 09:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This is sort of the reason my DS Empress agent sided with the pubs on Ossus. She doesn't want either side to come out on top. She wants to do maximum damage to both sides so they'll be easier to knock down with the Alliance.
Would be great, if we could do that in later content. Having a 3 sided storyline. Siding with Empire, Republic, or against both. I mean in base game we got 8 storyline content. Later it's reduced to one. Would be nice, if it would expand to 2 or 3.

Admie
02.28.2019 , 11:40 AM | #16
I dont think the Alliance is done for just yet. I'm looking at it more as a temporary choice while the Alliance recovers its strength. At this point you are basically the most powerful person in the universe, and I dont really see myself as a Jedi or Sith anymore. My characters main goal now is to force a coexistence between the Sitn and the Jedi, and that seems easier done with the Empire then with the Republic as you would have to deal with senate.

ceryxp
02.28.2019 , 06:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Admie View Post
My characters main goal now is to force a coexistence between the Sitn and the Jedi, and that seems easier done with the Empire then with the Republic as you would have to deal with senate.
But wouldn't that require overcoming centuries of indoctrination within the Empire that teaches the Republic, and Jedi specifically, are intent on destroying your culture and civilization? It's mentioned by a few Imperial characters in the game that, as it's taught within the Empire, the Republic and Jedi are constantly persecuting, hunting, and trying to destroy the Empire. Which is likely, from a story perspective, used to justify the Empire's and Sith's repeated preemptive attacks on the Republic and Jedi.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

OldVengeance
02.28.2019 , 07:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
But wouldn't that require overcoming centuries of indoctrination within the Empire that teaches the Republic, and Jedi specifically, are intent on destroying your culture and civilization? It's mentioned by a few Imperial characters in the game that, as it's taught within the Empire, the Republic and Jedi are constantly persecuting, hunting, and trying to destroy the Empire. Which is likely, from a story perspective, used to justify the Empire's and Sith's repeated preemptive attacks on the Republic and Jedi.
Also the Sith believe that power in the Force comes from rage and hatred, that the Jedi are weak and need to be destroyed, and that the strong are meant to dominate the all others.

How exactly is anyone going to force them to get along without one simply defeating the other?

Admie
02.28.2019 , 10:07 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Also the Sith believe that power in the Force comes from rage and hatred, that the Jedi are weak and need to be destroyed, and that the strong are meant to dominate the all others.

How exactly is anyone going to force them to get along without one simply defeating the other?
At this point if you play a force user you are basically the strongest being in the universe. So you could use their own logic against them.

OldVengeance
03.05.2019 , 06:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Admie View Post
At this point if you play a force user you are basically the strongest being in the universe. So you could use their own logic against them.
I really don't think that's the case, certainly not to the extent that all Sith would fear to cross you like they did Vitiate.