Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 ideas how to fix a lot of issues. By Caeliux

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10 ideas how to fix a lot of issues. By Caeliux

Icykill_
08.20.2017 , 10:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
LoL mitigation on a jugg. It works actually. I've been playing with it for a while now.

I love it when the DPS blow their burst all over my DCDs.

I run 3 sets of gear, not all of it is 248. High HP tank, pure DPS using tank set bonus armorings, and the mitigation set.
There's times for the DPS set, the HP set and the mit set. Knowing who is on the other side and my team comp and map. I can change between rounds or out of combat. It gets funny when you're being focused and they can't land a hit.

So don't come onto the forums talking nonsense about specs and gearing you've never ran for more than a couple nights. Voidstar alone was cracking me up today. A quick look around, I'm alone defending the door while the simple minded Casuals can't land a hit, then I pop a CD and just laugh at them blow through a burst rotation. My door was never taken because I was able to stay up and interrupt the caps.

Sin shrouds? Stun him. Merc pops reflect? Stop DD and stun them, switch to aoe. Sniper casting ambush? Pop reflect, make him eat his/her own burst. Make them a hot mess off their own creation.
Operative jumps you? Just laugh at them and finish whatever it was you were doing.

do I need to thumb through some videos and show every class dying by my saber? Solo peasents on the off node as a tank and take the node for myself? Done it in all 3 sets of gear.one certainly is faster than another but the end is all the same. Death by clicker

This list by the OP is a joke. It's the wet dream of the L2P.
I think you may have posted in the wrong thread lol...
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Liquor
08.20.2017 , 11:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post

5. Fix tanks, mitigation for jug and pt need addressed. Sin/shadow having 150% mitigation and shroud and pt and jug not even close is not paper rock scissors, that's rock and other 2 are toilet paper compared. Hence why skank tank meta is here to stay until tanks get balanced to be viable AGAIN.

I made it to there and stopped reading. Started typing.. thus the mit rant by the clicker of SL
Mit works, just need to know how to use it to it's fullest potential.

Caeliuxrules
08.20.2017 , 11:08 PM | #13
I made it to there and stopped reading. Started typing.. thus the mit rant by the clicker of SL
Mit works, just need to know how to use it to it's fullest potential.
Do you even play the game? I mean I feel like this is bait so I refuse to knowledge jug in full tank gear and pt in full tank gear is not doing good ATM.

Let me rephrase in terms, tank stats are not scaling well in pvp, why you see a **** ton of skank tanks due to it.

If you need any evidence, ask top ranked jugs and pts what are they rolling, full tank gear or all dps. Then you decide lol..
Former GM of We are KAPPA and FIGHT on The Harbinger
The Swiftsure>The Fatman>The PO5>The Bastion>The Harbinger
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

Liquor
08.21.2017 , 05:18 AM | #14
Number farming doesn't win matches.

Tanks using DPS gear fair better when they are not solo and have a healer with them.

Skank tanks is DPS using guard. There's a thread about it somewhere. I didn't care enough to pay attention to what the "experts" called tank wearing DPS mods, enhancements, and augments with tank armorings.

I don't care what others think. I only care about people feeding others bad information, when they don't roll the class or even test different builds longer than a weekend fling. Where's the supporting documentation?

Me? Hit the stream, I jugg on the reg and run 3 Sets of gear. All 3 are viable. I've been keeping starparse up so others can see the mtigation numbers. I do not see anyone else doing this, because jack said that Jill's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate said numbers are bad. There's a Google doc somewhere by someone that doesn't play anymore.

What does a tank do? What is it's job?
Soak up damage via guard swap and taunts. Interrupt and intercede. Right? Where's the DPS come from then? Oh right Immortal has 111% accuracy so we don't miss and when geared in a certain way and using specific utilities can do 35K hits, regularly.

Honestly, how many immortal juggs do you see? Or are they veng and rage guarding players? I see more sin tanks than immortals. They all die, just the same. No matter what their gear. Ever see an immortal jugg take an off node by its self? It's almost as funny as an operative healer soloing an off node guard. It's what I do, make fools look foolish even before fooling fools was a thing. Troll WZs on the reg. Click, clicky

Oh, right. Top ranked sin, pt, and jugg. Ah yes, let's look at the boards. Oh those numbers are win trades. Means nothing to anyone with a clue. LoL. Because number farming wins matches right. TDM in huttball and hypergate FTW. Big tank DPS numbers in civil war will keep you from getting sapcaped at grass? I'd sapcap you on my sniper. The current state of ranked is a joke and you know it. You've posted and commented on it. So don't chime in with " because ranked". LoL

you don't even immortal jugg ranked bro. So why talk about it with bad information?

supertimtaf
08.21.2017 , 05:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliuxrules View Post
5. Fix tanks, mitigation for jug and pt need addressed. Sin/shadow having 150% mitigation and shroud and pt and jug not even close is not paper rock scissors, that's rock and other 2 are toilet paper compared. Hence why skank tank meta is here to stay until tanks get balanced to be viable AGAIN.
Well, Sins don't have 150% mitigation. They have 150% armor because they're in light armor but that doesn't make a 150% DR
I agree that PT tank needs more in order to compete. Jugg tank is fine in terms of defensive ability. The only thing that goes way beyond what it should do is its dps.

Sin shrouds? Stun him.
Well, you said earlier this was a L2P issue, then learn this I'm sure it will help.
Force Shroud grants you for 3 (or 5)sec an immunity to every Force/Tech attack.
Guess what is a Force/Tech attack ? Every cc in the game. The only two that are an exception is backhand and the snipers cc.
So I doubt hitting Force Choke to a sin that used Shroud is a good idea.
Still, you could use Backhand as I said earlier but again I doubt anyone is keeping this ability just for this exact scenario.

I just went off-topic, I apologize for it but... When you're talking about gear, wouldn't it be best if they actually fixed bolster properly and made it up to 250 ? It would prevent a lot of whining about being under-geared and would make PvP more of a skill-based game imo.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

brishae
08.21.2017 , 06:27 AM | #16
I posted this some where else but yeh ...

Remove dotspread
Remove retard defensive cds (Trauma Regulators, Super Kolto, retard mara pacify, sniper heal2full and probably reset ability, Operative reflect, ect)
Remove Phasewalk from Sorcs, give to back to sins
Either remove guard or gutter healers so bad everyone stops playing them so every game I queue into isn't 4 healers on each team with 1-2 tanks.
Only tank specs should have guard.
Remove all cc immunity from all classes that are not vigilance Guardians.
Fix all leap abilities so they work 100% of the time. How many times my PT Jet Charge goes on cd but I don't go anywhere like why the **** do I have this ability???
Fix retard lightning sorc chain lightning bug

Oh and please fix that stupid ability on Focus Sentinels where it pulls people back to them like what the actual ****??????

Remove Bolster
Bring back Warzone comms.
Bring back Expertise.
2 Vendors for PvP gear.
242 and 248. (Example Item lvls)
Recruit gear set from mission terminal at a 236 Item level, with set bonus and 2018 expertise. (Example item lvl)
Carthy =)

Wimbleton
08.21.2017 , 06:36 AM | #17
TLDR:

1: Gearing - not going to change, stop wasting your time. If they were going to change it they'd have taken any of the hundreds of suggestions before yours. And tbh, most of those ideas were better than yours.

2: Tanks - would be nice for tanks to "work" in pvp, but again, we're 7 years into it and they dont.

3: Off healing - it's not a problem IMO.

4: Matchmaking: We don't have enough of a population to make any solution work. You'd slow queues and cause an even lower population. Sure the 5 healer games are boring, even 3 healer games, but thats not the norm. IDGAF how much people want to pretend thats the case. Having more than 2 healers and more than 1 decent healer per team is a rarity.

Transcendent
08.21.2017 , 06:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Spoiler
All of this. I mean really there isn't anything to add about gearing in PvP. I honestly never thought I would miss the Expertise stat, but BioWare somehow managed to ensure that actually happened with the new awful gearing system.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

supertimtaf
08.21.2017 , 07:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by brishae View Post
Fix all leap abilities so they work 100% of the time. How many times my PT Jet Charge goes on cd but I don't go anywhere like why the **** do I have this ability???
This ^^ I wonder why it is broken now, it worked fine for me before but since 5.0 it's like the icon just stay here for fun, without doing anything.
How long has it been since they implemented Phantom Stride and Holotraverse ? Still working 2/5 times... At least it keeps up an element of surprise. "Where will I land if I use my teleport ?"
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Sargrith
08.21.2017 , 08:24 AM | #20
What does a tank do? What is it's job?
Soak up damage via guard swap and taunts. Interrupt and intercede. Right? Where's the DPS come from then? Oh right Immortal has 111% accuracy so we don't miss and when geared in a certain way and using specific utilities can do 35K hits, regularly.
You also missed one of the key things a guardian tank should be doing, applying the heal debuff. If you aren't doing that you aren't being all that you can be.

35k crits regularly, please explain how this is happening? I've played a ton as a guardian, tank, skank (tank line dps mods and enhancements), and even vigilance and I can't ever recall seeing that number regularly.