Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 losses in a row should = 1 win

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10 losses in a row should = 1 win

Eore
02.16.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1
Sorry, bit of a rant here. And yes, I am qq'ing.

At level 50 on my sorc, I average 6-8 losses for every 1 win. No, not part of a PvP guild and I am pugging / single queing.

But recently, it takes me DAYS to complete the DAILY. The weekly? Heck, I've had it since LAST WEEK.

I do my best, but given the massive loss to win ratio, gear is an issue. It's taken a few weeks but I do have at least 300 expertise (low, I know). So I help when and where I can and I usually end up fairly well with marks.

It's becoming a gross imbalance. Republic is rap-1ng on our server. And yes, it's usually a pre-made.

So I suggest 10 losses in a row counts as 1 win for the daily.

Would also suggest that we have some serious gear rating / cross server Warzones so that the 1000 expertise pre-mades don't fight the brand new pugs with no expertise. But that would be logical and make sense.
Leggo' my eGO!

Seductivpancakes
02.16.2012 , 10:31 AM | #2
That kind of just gives people more incentive to AFK after patch 1.2.

finetop
02.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #3
Take a 5 minute break and hopefully you miss the teamers for a game to take down the W.

damolawler
02.16.2012 , 10:33 AM | #4
I would have sympathised,

Until I saw that your alt is a damn sorceror. Serves you right.

nitaant
02.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #5
how does a loss = win?

Forget the blatant breech of RPG, and of any gaming mechanic that makes sense in any video game - how does it make SENSE for losses to equal a win?

RPGs were never supposed to be about competition. If you are competitive play a competitive game.

Things make no sense anymore and people want them implemented. Jeez. RPG = getting immersed in a world. If you want to get immersed in a world - get immersed in it, as it is. You don't try to immerse yourself in a created game world - and then try do dictate and make changes to the world as they suit you. If you want to spend time in an RPG instead of IRL, deal with the world being as it is. You cant be both the creator and the player. There ARE games for this, try minecraft.

Dahoff
02.16.2012 , 10:41 AM | #6
Man I need to move to this server if republic win that much
INFANTRY - Ajunta Pall
Igotyoubro Beans - 50 Bromando Combat Medic
Franksn Beans - 13 Jedi Sage

rgizzie
02.16.2012 , 10:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dahoff View Post
Man I need to move to this server if republic win that much
No kidding!

thanealpha
02.16.2012 , 10:44 AM | #8
People should NEVER be incentivized to lose.

If this was put into the game and someone was at 9 losses, you can bet they'd not play their best thereby sinking others chances and spinning other players closer to their 9 count.

It'd degrade the pool of players playing to win even more than it is currently. And it's BAD currently.

Grimleach
02.16.2012 , 10:44 AM | #9
I would join a PvP guild if I were you...

Ewgal
02.16.2012 , 10:45 AM | #10
and black will be white, up will be down, north will be south, and Imperials gank squads will not reign supreme over Ilum every day.
May the farce be with you