Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

Weiss-Reeno
02.14.2012 , 09:37 AM | #21
Dont see any reasons to leave.
But i see reason to stay in 2:0/3:0/4:0 or 2 of 3 turrets capped matches, try to organize team and win. Happens from time to time and this is very great feeling.
So cheer \0/

p.s. leavers sux ballz...(Huttballz)

Roak
02.14.2012 , 09:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
[B]
8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you quickly alt-f4 so you end up on your planet of origin.
you don't have to alt-f4, bioware intended for people to leave warzones, click on your warzone queue button in a warzone and it is a leave warzone button.
things need to change
We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this teamô
~
You have no play time.

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Roak View Post
you don't have to alt-f4, bioware intended for people to leave warzones, click on your warzone queue button in a warzone and it is a leave warzone button.
Yes, I was just trying to add flavor to the OP, I fixed it though.

Slemfiskz
02.14.2012 , 09:39 AM | #24
Demonstrably false, as per the many comments of turning warzones around into wins after someone quits.
whoa dude u make an arguable thread to just stand ur ground and watch people hate on you.
obviously people want penalty for leaving, and its certainly gonna come, however if you are not pleased all i got to say is ... bloody leaver, stay out of my warzones

Redderic
02.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #25
haha wife agro that was epic
good part of divorce is no ex-wife agro, if she calls i can say shut up im playing SWTOR
Name: Little'Red
Class: Infiltration Shadow O.o
Guild: Ascension
SERVER: PoTF

EvanSnowWolf
02.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #26
This is obviously false, since I have joined as a replacement many times when my team was down, and we won.
You keep using dat word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Sytha
02.14.2012 , 09:41 AM | #27
Demonstrably false, as per the many comments of turning warzones around into wins after someone quits.
Yes people mention the "turn arounds" but I guarantee you will lose more than you turn around! It's just selfish on the people your playing with!

Seriously dude grow up!

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Slemfiskz View Post
whoa dude u make an arguable thread to just stand ur ground and watch people hate on you.
obviously people want penalty for leaving, and its certainly gonna come, however if you are not pleased all i got to say is ... bloody leaver, stay out of my warzones
1. It is certainly not gonna come, at least not for "normal" warzones (but I bet there has to be something coming for ranked/rated warzones to prevent ranking abuses).

2. No where in my OP or any reply did I ever actually claim to quit warzones or frequently quit warzones. In fact, the only thing I have said definitively is that I have joined ones other people quit and turned it into a win.

Slemfiskz
02.14.2012 , 09:44 AM | #29
1. It is certainly not gonna come, at least not for "normal" warzones (but I bet there has to be something coming for ranked/rated warzones to prevent ranking abuses).

2. No where in my OP or any reply did I ever actually claim to quit warzones or frequently quit warzones. In fact, the only thing I have said definitively is that I have joined ones other people quit and turned it into a win.
thumbs up for believing in urself more than the majority, and to ur #2 , you would not make a post like this with 10 reasons to leave if u didnt leave, i got a 50 and i dont even think ive left 10 in total yet

Arynoth
02.14.2012 , 09:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mertissielle View Post
The 15 minute penalty is perfect in my eyes because if you have a legitimate reason to leave (spouse aggro, phone call, something else) then a 15 minute break will be no big thing. After all you had something important to go and do and real life will always be more important.

See also: guild needs me for Op/HM/naked mailbox dance party/whatever.

If you left because you just really hate losing, then you'll probably rage about the 15 minute wait time. But it's kinda your fault for bailing on the team if you stay it takes the same amount of time (probably less even) and you'll get some reward for it.

What I don't understand about people who bail is why not just turn it into some personal Team Deathmatch thing and try to beat your previous damage record or medals record or whatever? I know people hate "medal farmers" or whatever on this forum sometimes but if a team is truly hopeless enough to be worth quitting on then you're still doing more to help them by seeking a 1v1 than by standing in fleet, right?

/shrug
Well put, now if only we could get this thread locked.
www.hardwarecanucks.com - Top Canadian Computer Hardware Forums