Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:21 AM | #1
** 10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone **

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.
2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.
3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.
4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.
5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.
6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.
7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)
8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.
9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)
10. Because you feel like it.

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

Beelzebubs
02.14.2012 , 09:22 AM | #2
I'll give you 7 reasons.

They're all players on your team :P
Solo Queue Battlemaster Beelzebubs Starshadow - Space Slug.
How I'd fix Ilum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=237120

The difference between a fresh 50 and a Battlemaster is not all gear, it's experience.

Slemfiskz
02.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #3
all above is fine as long as they implement like a 15min cooldown if u leave, cus seriously... the one with leaving cus of losing is lame, its a part of it, and if they gave us a way to report afkers like in wow or something we could probably get rid of most the afkers

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slemfiskz View Post
all above is fine as long as they implement like a 15min cooldown if u leave, cus seriously... the one with leaving cus of losing is lame, its a part of it, and if they gave us a way to report afkers like in wow or something we could probably get rid of most the afkers
There is no reason to penalize someone for leaving a warzone.

Rilman
02.14.2012 , 09:25 AM | #5
I hope you get stuck in an eternal loop of 1 and 2, quitter.

1. You realise you are in fact part of the team that stinks and leave the WZ leaving your team mates at even more of a disadvantage than they were.
2. You rejoin a WZ where your team is losing because some douchbag quit on them.
Jahel
Radiant Knights

swtor.radiantknights.co.uk

Slemfiskz
02.14.2012 , 09:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
There is no reason to penalize someone for leaving a warzone.
ofcourse there is, and obviously with that attitude u leave alot...
it leaves a half team with no chances if u leave etc in huttball when the enemy team scores their first goal

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilman View Post
I hope you get stuck in an eternal loop of 1 and 2, quitter.

1. You realise you are in fact part of the team that stinks and leave the WZ leaving your team mates at even more of a disadvantage than they were.
2. You rejoin a WZ where your team is losing because some douchbag quit on them.
1. No, I'm not. Obviously. Because I just quit. Duh?
2. See #1.

Zaodon
02.14.2012 , 09:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slemfiskz View Post
ofcourse there is, and obviously with that attitude u leave alot...
it leaves a half team with no chances if u leave etc in huttball when the enemy team scores their first goal
This is obviously false, since I have joined as a replacement many times when my team was down, and we won.

gryhmr
02.14.2012 , 09:28 AM | #9
They need to add deserter. Leaving because "my team is bad" is pretty lame if you are so great. When you leave you doom that team to lose and the person who just qued to a loss if they stay (especially if its voidstar). Basically leaving ruins the whole Warzone. People also fail to understand they dont receive valor or comms if they leave.

Fredcat
02.14.2012 , 09:28 AM | #10
Excuses are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

As far as I'm concerned BioWare should implement at least an hour lock out on you quitters and you should get a quitter title over your head for the duration. You waste everyone else in the war zones time by making their matches impossible to win and you should be penalized for it.