Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 Changes to improve PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10 Changes to improve PvP

S__T
07.04.2012 , 07:27 PM | #1
  • 1.Cross-server que (plenty of threads about this, no explanation needed)
  • 2.Solo-ranked que (When #1 is completed, obviously)
  • 3.When bridges are opened in voidstar, have the defending doors instantly open – it is not an enjoyable mechanic to be stuck waiting to respawn as players speed across and cap the 2nd doors while you are left hopelessly waiting.
  • 4.(Any of the following):

1. 4a.Change Sorc/Sage’s talents of Sith Efficacy/Psychic Barrier to give back 2/2.5% force back or to prevent too much efficiency of hybridization, read 4b.
    2. 4b. Attach a ~.5% force back to Psychic Absorption/Devour instead. This will allow the Sorc and Sage DPS to actually moderately sustain in extended combat (most notably in Void Star, where they hurt the most)
    3. 4c.Roll into Psychic Absorption/Devour that when any of the Sorc/Sage’s dots are cleansed off, the sorc/sage gets back 35/70% of their force back.
  • 5.Give “Sap” mechanics a debuff icon. – There really isn’t an excuse why this doesn’t already exist.
  • 6.( Any of the three below: )
    1. 6a.Reduce blinds, whirlwind/forcelift, sap mechanics, and intimidating roar crowd (and similar) controls by 2 seconds.
    2. 6b.Or chance the resolve mechanic on these to give X amount of resolve upon cast, and y more resolve every second the player is actually crowd controlled.
    3. 6c.Or make it impossible to double-blind (or similar) players. There is nothing enjoyable about being crowd controlled for 12 seconds, it is an efficient mechanic, and it promotes well-skilled/oriented play, but its’ not enjoyable for the other player, and most definitely not enjoyable when it happens to you.
  • 7.(Read these two as if they were one suggestion):
    • 7a.Change the middle speeders to a different color, and make them land 3-5 seconds faster than the side speeders
    • 7b.Change the side speeders to either land behind the expertise buff, or near the health powerup, increase their travel speed to a point where it looks appropriate, most likely 2-4 seconds.
  • 8.Give DPS Mercs/Commando’s a talent near the top of their dps trees as an interrupt. Yes it’s a controversial change, but they really should have one, make its range between 15-25 yards, lower than the other ranged interrupts, with a 12 second cooldown as well.
  • 9.Single map que, for when cross que comes out.
  • 10.When round 2 starts in voidstar, have all players have their “mana” bar full/empty, depending on class. For example Sage/Assassin would have full force, Commando would have full ammo, and Juggernaughts would have 0 rage. Also debuffs should cleanse off (excluding nightmare pilgrim and similar), and resolve should reset to 0.

TL;DR: Just some good changes for pvp.
Thoughts?

Gidoru
07.04.2012 , 07:32 PM | #2
•1.Cross-server que (plenty of threads about this, no explanation needed)

•2.Solo-ranked que (When #1 is completed, obviously)

It is already been stated that season 1 of ranked wzs will have this.

revgd_freeze
07.04.2012 , 07:54 PM | #3
Change # 56. 4 sec CC for Marauders that actually lets you hit them with an ability better than force choke, perhaps remove force choke all together.
RevGD - Jedi Shadow - LEVEL 50
VectorFreeze - Sith Marauder - LEVEL 50
lFreeze - Bounty Hunter - LEVEL 50
XFreeze - Sith Assassin - LEVEL 50

Alericus
07.04.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
1) return the vendors for the stims and medpacs...I know the reason for removing them so make it a seller only vendor..duh easy fix.

2)remove the gates completely once the match starts in Voidstar/Hutball/Novare Coast. Honestly Ive seen more games decided for /against me due to the other team having a simple numbers advantage/disadvantage. And why doesnt it exist in Civil War but does in Hutball, Voidstar and Novare Coast. Come on get consistent.

3)I still say create 2 queues solo and team and never shall the two mix. Lets face it, premades will usually roll pugs...and for the health of the game we cant keep punishing new players..even though it usually works for me hehe.
Further, I think this would dramatically reduce the number of players leaving matches early.

4)add an arena, I think a lot of players would love it. Perhaps even a betting system. Id love to just watch a few duels. Some of our players are really good but Im so darn busy staying alive and killing I cant stop to enjoy their playstyle and Id like to be able to do this.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

lpsmash
07.04.2012 , 08:51 PM | #5
Quote:
2)remove the gates completely once the match starts in Voidstar/Hutball/Novare Coast. Honestly Ive seen more games decided for /against me due to the other team having a simple numbers advantage/disadvantage. And why doesnt it exist in Civil War but does in Hutball, Voidstar and Novare Coast. Come on get consistent.
I disagree completely for voidstar. It's already hard enough to cap agianst a good team, if they can respawn so easily and one by one, it'll be almost impossible, unless you completely outgear them. Also, just running to stop a cap and die almost instantly, over and over is not what I'd call fun.

In huttball, I agree. It's just really annoying and it feels pointless to be stuck behind a gate when you die and the rush of players to gank on the ball carrier sometimes makes it very rng based.

Novare, not sure. The fact that the cap is not a failure or success but rather a progression makes me think it would be better than voidstar. But then if you get separated from your team and they can all respawn at a different time, it might be harder to regroup sometimes and make you feel like you're waiting behind a gate of some sort anyways.

IGenesisI
07.04.2012 , 10:23 PM | #6
Your forgot one:
Halve the CD on CC break ability... there's just too many CCs on way shorter cooldowns than 2min!
Teknar - Bastion

S__T
07.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
I disagree completely for voidstar. It's already hard enough to cap agianst a good team, if they can respawn so easily and one by one, it'll be almost impossible, unless you completely outgear them. Also, just running to stop a cap and die almost instantly, over and over is not what I'd call fun.

In huttball, I agree. It's just really annoying and it feels pointless to be stuck behind a gate when you die and the rush of players to gank on the ball carrier sometimes makes it very rng based.

Novare, not sure. The fact that the cap is not a failure or success but rather a progression makes me think it would be better than voidstar. But then if you get separated from your team and they can all respawn at a different time, it might be harder to regroup sometimes and make you feel like you're waiting behind a gate of some sort anyways.
I'm only talking the specific case of being stuck behind a full respawn door as people sprint across bridges and cap, while you're entire team is dead from being AT bridges. Thats not a fun mechanic at all.

iphobia
07.05.2012 , 04:59 PM | #8
1. Kick all your PvP Devs.
2. Get better ones.
3. Enjoy the happy community.

For me it seems like nearly any decision the PvP team has made since release made the situation worse. They made so many huge mistakes I simply cannot understand.

Meparch
07.05.2012 , 06:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by S__T View Post
8.Give DPS Mercs/Commando’s a talent near the top of their dps trees as an interrupt. Yes it’s a controversial change, but they really should have one, make its range between 15-25 yards, lower than the other ranged interrupts, with a 12 second cooldown as well.
There is no controversy here. EVERY CLASS but this one has an interrupt. It's like a buff or default attack, every class gets one. This would fix an oversight to this class.

The best change they can do, reduce the cool down to the stun breaker to 20 sec. You still get to stun and they get a counter to it.
Proud Jax Owner