[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** would their be DRM in a mmo, you cant exactly pirate a mmo since you pay a monthly fee for god sake what a stupid idea and even if some one did pirate the bloody thing they are still going to be paying you 15 a month, you would be down the box price but thats zero in the long run anyway. Odd very odd to have this in a mmo.

I never heard of remote rendering before either sounds a bit baffling.

Simply put - you as a game company should not be deciding what graphic options people can use.

You advertised with high resolution textures.

You released a beta with them.

You SOLD THE GAME with them.

We BOUGHT those high resolution textures and now you're telling us that we can't use them because

YOU THINK there will be performance issues. That decision is not yours to make after

YOU'VE SOLD THE PRODUCT.

Edited by Djzombie

Wow. So greedy for their precious dollars that they are willing to lie, cheat, deceive, swindle, false advertise and anything else just to make sure they milk as much money as they can from the people.

So damn tired of this behaviour.

Edited by Mordivier

Wow( I dont mean the game , I mean the expression, dear BioDrones), a MTBMMORPGBAIASG(Meant To Be Massively Multiplayer RolePlayingGame But Actually Is A SingleplayerGame) with a copy protection. BioWare/EA you are so funny :) No Way I pay a monthly fee for this BS.

This is false, the remote renderer is remote from the exe as it is a spawned process.

MemoryMan.dll allows the engine and the renderer to communicate freely as if they were one process.

Posting it again since people seem to want to hijack the thread with the remote render issue! People please, the textures are horrible and no, some sort of hyper copy right technique isn't whats causing it.

To be clear, I really like the game and have no plans of un-subbing anytime soon. This is by no means a "rant".

On the other hand this info really bothers me. I have a pretty good PC and I'm content for now... But for those of you that have amazing hand built PCs it must hurt much more. That much time and money to have the game go backwards after beta.

Food for thought on my end though. Not the best of first impressions I must admit.

I'm not trying to flame, but I'm a little confused by this mindset. As a consumer we have very few options, and it all boils down to something pretty black and white:

We could keep paying them, or we could not pay them any more.

We can't pay them what we think we should pay them, we either give them money or we don't.

Saying "Well you jerked us around, you lied, you falsely advertised and sold us this buggy piece of crap game" but still handing them your monthly fee is exactly the kind of behavior that makes companies think they can pull this crap and get away with it -- because people will say "that sucks, but what can I do?" and then just go along with it instead of putting their foot down.

I've genuinely enjoyed my experience in TOR to this point. I'm not saying BEST GAME EVAH but it was fun. I could probably still have fun with it, but I absolutely will not funnel money into the pockets of people treating me like an ignorant slob, and telling me that their very best is worse than all of their equally-priced competitors and I just have to nut up and deal with it. My money will go to the people whose very best is clearly better.

Edited by Unruhe

If you have a ati card, download a program called radeonpro, go to global settings and advanced, set mipmap bias to -3 for super sharp reflection textures and environment textures.

Or a better comprimise is - 2 , fps doesnt suffer much with that setting.

If your usin nvidia card, use nvidia inspector instead, ive not used that one tho so i cant say.

But this only effects environment textures and reflection textures, NOT characters

Thank you very much.

My god can this game look good. It's beyond me why they aren't trying to make it look that great by default.

Now we need a crafty fix for the armor textures.

This is the real truth. The beta client ran fine with all high res because this DRM crap wasn't in there.

Guys we need to get this message out to everyone. This needs to be shared and posted over and over again. Let EA/Bioware know you will not stand for it.

EA/Bioware have consistently engaged in a campaign of stonewalling, lies, and deception since lauch.

It absolutely infuriates me. :mad:

Careful. I think the whole remote render DRM thing lives firmly in the conspiracy theory world right now. This issue is important enough not to muddy it with red hearings that can be used to distract/defuse the concern.

Besides, frankly, it doesn't matter what the cause is - it simply has to be fixed. Whatever the cause, there's no excuse for a AAA MMO in 2012 to look like this.

Edited by RyceTOR

Posting it again since people seem to want to hijack the thread with the remote render issue! People please, the textures are horrible and no, some sort of hyper copy right technique isn't whats causing it.

So why did we have really good High rez grafik on the BETA and now we have like Kidpainted armors???

Thought this game was special, then this... This issue alone weighs enough for me to consider canceling my sub but what disappoints me the most is this huge act of betrayal to such a supporting community. You do not deserve us Bioware!

Hmm that's a very noticeable difference on the floor there. However it's very hard to make out the finer detaills when the screenshots have been downsized like that - I'm guessing Photobucket did that automatically because they were over the size limit.

Is there any chance you could upload the full-sized screenshots somewhere else sp we could look at them more closely? I'm really interested to see what other differences there might be.

I played around with forcing a negative LOD detail, and you will get the same results as in any other game... Texture shimmering. That's all.

Those screenshots are horrible, btw. They're low resolution, and are different camera angles. There's no quality difference between them whatsoever.

Edited by Daemonjax

So why did we have really good High rez grafik on the BETA and now we have like Kidpainted armors???

Because they disabled them so our clients wouldn't blow up in fleet with another 150 people in screen jumping around??????

Seriously, there is no way that the game is downloading these textures on the fly. The amount of data being transmitted when the servers were at their capacity would have clogged even the mightiest line. It also doesn't explain why a slow connection speed would load the game about as fast as any other computer.

e- Basically its the path of least resistance, which is easier to believe? The client has problems rendering textures and other effects such as shadows, AA, etc so they turn them off. Or they have some amazing tech involving data streaming at THIS scale just to protect some IP?

Edited by Caonimah

Careful. I think the whole remore render DRM thing lives firmly in the conspiracy theory world right now. This issue is important enough not to muddy it with red hearings that can be used to distract/defuse the concern.

Besides, frankly, it doesn't matter what the cause is - it simply has to be fixed. Whatever the cause, there's no excuse for a AAA MMO in 2012 to look like this.

I think it at least makes it clear we aren't buying the 'bug' explanation. There's a reason they are holding back the existing high quality graphics and it's one they'd rather not discuss. Who ever heard of a game developer disabling already seen high-res graphics because they're too good for most PCs? It's almost a bragging right when your graphics engine is top of the range.

ODD how all the fanboys have SUDDENLY disappeared....! come back we liked the casual banter....

OH what BIOWARE LIED AND YOUR ANGRY TOO?

Well tough get in line.... trolls complain first... get your lawsuit papers on the left now move goddamit hut hutt hut.....

I am a fanboi, and I am mad.

I've always liked Bioware, and I've always loved starwars, but this situation is making me strongly doubt a continuation of my subscription.

I don't care what their reason is. Whether it is forced optimization, or some lousy DRM, I want this game to look as good as it can.

Honestly, I'm at a loss. I waited years for this game, but this is unacceptable.

Edited by Exostotic

Because they disabled them so our clients wouldn't blow up in fleet with another 150 people in screen jumping around??????

Seriously, there is no way that the game is downloading these textures on the fly. The amount of data being transmitted when the servers were at their capacity would have clogged even the mightiest line. It also doesn't explain why a slow connection speed would load the game about as fast as any other computer.

i would like to see the 150 ppl in my screen, max i saw until now was 20 i think on the fleet near the AH -.-

if SWTOR cant handel this -.-

Excuse me??? I can play current gen games at max settings at 60+ FPS (battlefield 3 for example). on 64/64 128 player server... and you're telling me this games graphics compare to a current gen game? I'm sorry.. what planet are you on?

Theres never 120+ in repub fleet at one time.

This is basically a SCREW YOU in the face to customers. So pissed.