! Possible Idea for Guild Flag Ships of Variant Sizes !

KaroiVulka

Hello everyone in the Content Forum.

I and my guild friends had an idea for those who belong to smaller Guilds and would like to have a Guild Flagship but maybe do not have the Credits on the Imp or Pub side to do so. The Idea would be to use already extant models of smaller ships - (The smaller Starships already modeled on both sides into Flashpoints - these locations could be copied and repurposed into much smaller Guild Flagships for much smaller Guilds for RP and usage purposes) this would allow Guilds to have a kind of Step-Up program in Flagships.

In this a smaller Guild can save up and buy for say 2-4 Million Credits a ship of a size much smaller than the standard GFS. Having maybe just a Bridge, two or three crew decks, and an engineering deck - they could then save further (possibly allow for a trade back since guilds cannot have fleets of ships so you sell back the ship at 2/3rds cost and that is credited toward an upgrade) to the next size ship (Say going from a Thranta - to a Hammerhead- finally to a Valor instead of only having a Valor available) This might help out for the guilds that do not have 8 million credits and dont have the manpower to grind enough to unlock all the rooms of a massive dreadnaught but do for a smaller Corvette/Frigate

The Ships I have found that would be Lore Friendly here would be the following for Imperial and Republic Sides Respectfully

Harrower Class Battle-Cruiser (Dreadnought) (+- 800m) (2400 Crew) X million Credits

Terminus-Class Destroyer (~500m) (520 Crew) Y million Credits

Gage Class Transport (~420m) (345 Crew) Z million Credits

Valor Class Cruiser - (~600-750m) (1900 Crew) X million Credits

Hammerhead Class Cruiser - (~300-450m) (300 Crew) Y million Credits

Thranta Class Corvette - (~250m-350m) (300 Crew) Z million Credits

I believe the equation for determining cost should be to take the current cost of the Guild Flagships (X) and multiply it by .4 to reduce it 40 percent - this determines (Y) the mid grade tier guild ship - then to do the same to discover (Z) the price of the next tier down of ship. By using 2/3rds of the market price in sellback/upgrade credit it will relieve approximately 1/4 to 1/5th of the cost after the initial investment and make the upgrade not seem a major arduos haul but instead a gradual progression.

What is your idea of manpower getting the 8 million? I am curious due to the fact our guild (we have one on both sides) actually has 2-4 people that actually work toward stuff for the guild that was able to get both guild ships. Though of course we haven't unlocked any other rooms but the initial cost isn't the problem, it is the other items associated with unlocking the other rooms that can be the problem.

What is your idea of manpower getting the 8 million? I am curious due to the fact our guild (we have one on both sides) actually has 2-4 people that actually work toward stuff for the guild that was able to get both guild ships. Though of course we haven't unlocked any other rooms but the initial cost isn't the problem, it is the other items associated with unlocking the other rooms that can be the problem.

8 million is small change these days, even for small guilds. As stated, the big problem is the rest of the unlocks. Although I've a few small guilds, that just use the basic unlock, and it's enough for us. Of course, cheaper unlocks are always welcome, there'd be a back lash from bigger guilds, and people who've already spent billions to unlock theirs :(