Need help with Parse/rotation/gear...just help in general.

Belshoh

Before the change to Lethal Purpose I had a good set-up, good rotation, etc. I was able to get in the top 20 on a 2.5mil parse on Parsely. Now; however, I can't get past 9k on a good RNG. I need help. At first I was having issues with energy management (and to a point I still am), but it's better. I parsed for four hours yesterday and for 2 so far today. My best parse was a 9.2k but I couldn't recreate it or get within 300dps. I don't want the top parse...I just want to be in the running (9.5kish range). My gear is 247.5 (246 boots and relic and 2 armorings) all set-piece and I've adjusted numbers anywhere from Bant's to the 2nd GCD threshold and all augments are 236. Here are my parses. You're my Obi-Wan (my only hope).

1669 alac, 1672 crit, 765 acc,
1767 alac, 1574 crit, 765 acc,
1865 alac, 1476 crit, 765 acc.

Thanks!

Edited by Belshoh

There's a lot going on so I'm only going to focus on the 2 major ones that I see for now and see where that takes you first. It's better to take things one step at a time and not everything at once. Use the gearing of the 3rd parse you posted too.

You never need to use cover pulse or shield probe in a parse and it is slowing down your rotation every time you are doing that so don't use those. The small delays each time add up to a big difference.

2nd thing is always use weakening blast on cooldown right before every other cull. You are using it before every 3rd cull after dots and WB does a lot of damage so delaying that not only hurts energy because of its cheap cost but you are also losing out on a lot of damage.

Edited by shyroman

You never need to use cover pulse or shield probe in a parse and it is slowing down your rotation every time you are doing that so don't use those. The small delays each time add up to a big difference.

Cover Pulse is used to get the instant Lethal Shot via the Stroke of Genius utility. I thought that it'd help the dps due to the reduction in GCD. The shield probe is habit (when I activate cover, muscle memory activates shield. I'll try to nerf my use of shield.)

2nd thing is always use weakening blast on cooldown right before every other cull. You are using it before every 3rd cull after dots and WB does a lot of damage so delaying that not only hurts energy because of its cheap cost but you are also losing out on a lot of damage.

Previously, I was using Weakening Blast on CD. But I had my hotbar set up such that I would forget to reapply my Dart and Grenade for a few CD's. Or, I'd over apply them. Also, on the 3rd parse, you'll notice Weakening used every other Cull which should be its CD. I'll readjust my hotbar again and give it a whirl.

This being said, even when I was Weakening on CD my DPS was not much different else I wouldn't have switched it. Moreover, I don't know if that would account for a roughly 1k drop in dps. As you have one of the top parses is there more fundamental that im missing?

Like I said, I'll take your advice and see how it looks. I appreciate your response.

Edit: I parse for roughly 45 min this morning. Here's the best one: 1865 Alac, 1476 Crit, 765 Acc

In many I was running out of energy.

Edited by Belshoh

Cover Pulse is used to get the instant Lethal Shot via the Stroke of Genius utility. I thought that it'd help the dps due to the reduction in GCD. The shield probe is habit (when I activate cover, muscle memory activates shield. I'll try to nerf my use of shield.)

The reason why I said to stop doing those was because it looked like it slowed down your activating of rotational abilities.

Previously, I was using Weakening Blast on CD. But I had my hotbar set up such that I would forget to reapply my Dart and Grenade for a few CD's. Or, I'd over apply them. Also, on the 3rd parse, you'll notice Weakening used every other Cull which should be its CD. I'll readjust my hotbar again and give it a whirl.

This being said, even when I was Weakening on CD my DPS was not much different else I wouldn't have switched it. Moreover, I don't know if that would account for a roughly 1k drop in dps. As you have one of the top parses is there more fundamental that im missing?

Like I said, I'll take your advice and see how it looks. I appreciate your response.

Edit: I parse for roughly 45 min this morning. Here's the best one: 1865 Alac, 1476 Crit, 765 Acc

In many I was running out of energy.

The main thing I saw in that parse was that you were activating abilities much slower than you should. With that alacrity, you should be activating Cull every 7.9s on average while you were using it every 8.7s on average. It looks like that reason is because you are sometimes using 5 gcd's between culls when you should only ever have 4 gcd's between culls. Using cull more often will also help with energy because it is energy positive. You also weren't using takedown after every cull which hurts dps and energy since takedown is cheaper than lethal shot.

Edited by shyroman

I'm still having various issues and for some reason cannot seem to break the 9.2 threshold I've previously reached. Ironically, I tried engineering just to "see" what I could and was able to parse similarly with relative ease and little energy issues. I wonder, if perhaps, virulence does not fit my play style. I'm unsure as to what I can do differently to expedite my DPS. Regardless, I'll keep trying and if I have any further advancements, I'll post here. Thank you for your information/help Shyro.

Updated Rotation Parse

Edited by Belshoh