Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My alt is a smuggler DF level 70. I need advice please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
My alt is a smuggler DF level 70. I need advice please

Oldhip
11.19.2017 , 11:56 AM | #1
Ok
I do not know how I made it to 70 without mods in my armor. But I did. I have been searching for information on what to get as far as modification goes? I go to the mod vendor level 65 and I am lost.
I can not figure out (or find information online, for once Google is not my friend) on what I should be buying.
It would seem that Dirty Fighting is a unwanted step child of a unwanted or supported class? I can find nothing as far as support and knowledge on this class.

ClementWYang
11.20.2017 , 04:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Oldhip View Post
Ok
I do not know how I made it to 70 without mods in my armor. But I did. I have been searching for information on what to get as far as modification goes? I go to the mod vendor level 65 and I am lost.
I can not figure out (or find information online, for once Google is not my friend) on what I should be buying.
It would seem that Dirty Fighting is a unwanted step child of a unwanted or supported class? I can find nothing as far as support and knowledge on this class.
You don't have to buy anything. Once you reach level 70 you continue to gear via the command xp system. Every time you increase your command level you get a command crate which usually has a chance to drop a piece of endgame (hopefully set bonus but not always) gear for you.

ClementWYang
11.20.2017 , 05:00 AM | #3
Also, if you're goal is to be proficient at playing your class for endgame PVE content (operations), then Dulfy has a pretty solid Virulence Sniper guide, which is the Imp mirror class of dirty fighting.

Cuiwe
11.21.2017 , 02:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Oldhip View Post
Ok
It's rather easy. I can't recite the rotation from heart, but what I can say is:

1. Maintain DoTs + Weakening at ALL TIME.
2. Cull needs to be on Cooldown.
3. Use Takedown only after Cull
4. As a filler, use Lethal Shot while you HAVE Weakening on the enemy, otherwise use Series.

That's pretty much it. Not terribly complicated, is it? Now, the main difference between a really good parse and an average one are proper stat distributions(ask Dulfy, not me) and proper clipping etc. It shouldn't really use above 42 APM(if that!). 45 at the very highest.

edit: it should go something like this:

DoT block -> Cull -> Takedown -> 2x Lethal(preferably one Snap Shot) -> Cull -> Series -> DoT block -> Cull -> ...
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

AdjeYo
11.21.2017 , 04:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
It's rather easy. I can't recite the rotation from heart, but what I can say is:

1. Maintain DoTs + Weakening at ALL TIME.
2. Cull needs to be on Cooldown.
3. Use Takedown only after Cull
4. As a filler, use Lethal Shot while you HAVE Weakening on the enemy, otherwise use Series.

That's pretty much it. Not terribly complicated, is it? Now, the main difference between a really good parse and an average one are proper stat distributions(ask Dulfy, not me) and proper clipping etc. It shouldn't really use above 42 APM(if that!). 45 at the very highest.

edit: it should go something like this:

DoT block -> Cull -> Takedown -> 2x Lethal(preferably one Snap Shot) -> Cull -> Series -> DoT block -> Cull -> ...
This isn't really the best rotation for Virulence. The dots leave lingering dots when they run out, which allows you to push in an extra cull between dot applications. You'll miss a small amount of ticks because the lingering dots only deal damage when cull does, but getting the extra cull in easily offsets that.

Dart- Grenade - Takedown - Weakening - Cull
Lethal - Lethal - Lethal - Takedown - Cull
Series of Shots - Takedown - Weakening - Cull
Dart- Grenade- Lethal - Takedown - Cull
Lethal - Lethal - Lethal - Cull

Note that I'm assuming energy is always enough, which it won't always be. You'll have to replace some Lethal Shots with Rifle Shots to make sure energy is always above 60%, especially those three Lethal Shots in a row can rarely be used without having to pop Adrenaline Probe.

Where the general priority system is
  1. Dots (lingering ones good enough if Cull is off cd)
  2. Cull
  3. Weakening Blast (should always go before Cull)
  4. Takedown (use once between every two Culls)
  5. Lethal Shot (If Weakening Blast is on)
  6. Series of Shots
  7. Rifle Shots

Rion_Starkiller
11.21.2017 , 04:32 PM | #6
I think he's asking about gearing, not rotation.

So "mods" are broken down into three components:
1. Armoring
2. Modifications
3. Enhancements

If you ctrl-right click your armor piece (chest, hands, etc), there should be 3 open slots that you can fill with each of the three types I have listed above. If you do not see any open slots, then either a) the slots are full, or b) your armor comes with built-in stats.

If you can describe your exact gearing situation, I can advise you further. But hopefully this small bit of info helps you to understand the gearing system.
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Cuiwe
11.21.2017 , 07:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
This isn't really the best rotation for Virulence. The dots leave lingering dots when they run out, which allows you to push in an extra cull between dot applications. You'll miss a small amount of ticks because the lingering dots only deal damage when cull does, but getting the extra cull in easily offsets that.

Dart- Grenade - Takedown - Weakening - Cull
Lethal - Lethal - Lethal - Takedown - Cull
Dart- Grenade- Lethal - Takedown - Cull
Lethal - Lethal - Lethal - Cull

Note that I'm assuming energy is always enough, which it won't always be. You'll have to replace some Lethal Shots with Rifle Shots to make sure energy is always above 60%, especially those three Lethal Shots in a row can rarely be used without having to pop Adrenaline Probe.

Where the general priority system is
  1. Dots (lingering ones good enough if Cull is off cd)
  2. Cull
  3. Weakening Blast (should always go before Cull)
  4. Takedown (use once between every two Culls)
  5. Lethal Shot (If Weakening Blast is on)
  6. Series of Shots
  7. Rifle Shots
Oh, I always forget about those(guess that's the triple Cull rotation). Thanks!

Be as it may, the priority system's the most important thing.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus