Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

menofhorror
07.03.2017 , 12:35 PM | #21
Good changes! I approve.

KittyKat_Karrot
07.03.2017 , 12:53 PM | #22
Plasma Probe nerfs are good, and the others are fine I guess. Not sure what you're talking about when you say the spec is swimming in energy. I have to worry about energy more in engi spec than in the other 2 sniper specs. But I only PVP so maybe it's different in PVE.

Master-Nala
07.03.2017 , 01:01 PM | #23
Reasonable measured changes. Why the inconsistency with this round of balancing?
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Darthanimus
07.03.2017 , 01:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
I know the actual numbers, not some random well I think they are ok feelings.
You missed the point, I have seen concentration preform amazingly, on dummy and in PvP with regards to dps. Trust me they are better than good.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

merovejec
07.03.2017 , 01:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
it seems like a "just cuz" type of nerf.
Yup, the next time people will cry for class balance they should remember these changes, all classes are getting nerfed quite a bit.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Gyronamics
07.03.2017 , 01:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Yup, the next time people will cry for class balance they should remember these changes, all classes are getting nerfed quite a bit.
No, just ranged. Melee is being promoted by exclusion from these penalties.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Biscuitt
07.03.2017 , 01:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
No, just ranged. Melee is being promoted by exclusion from these penalties.
Totally agree. Especially when it relates to a Gunslinger. All we do is DPS for crying out loud.

fire-breath
07.03.2017 , 01:42 PM | #28
Thx for the update Was getting quite anxious to see what the nerf would be for us.
Changes seems fine to me. Did a quick calculation on a few bossparses of mine and in general my dps would drop by 4-6% depending the bossfight.

However, and please clarify this.
1 - Why do you/bioware think we have to much energy?
2 - If you think we are 'swimming' in to much energy why only reduce the energy gain by 2 energy per 18 seconds?

Our rotation is currently energy negative. A simplified rotation below. If I use this basic rotation I run out of energy pretty fast. If I would use flyby as a filler ..........
1st block = Speedshot --> incendiairy grenade --> shock charge --> Sabotage --> thermal nade
2nd block = Speedshot --> incendiairy grenade --> vital shot --> explosive charge --> any filler beside flurry

Without taking alacrity into account
1st block = speedshot+inc nade + schock charge + sabotage + thermal nade
costs 20+15+10+15+0 = 60
gains = 5 energy per second x 9 seconds = 45
1st block costs us 15 energy

2nd block = speedshot + inc nade + vital shot+ explosive charge + thermal nade
costs 20+15+15+15+15 = 80
gains
5 energy per second x 9 seconds = 45
cont charge 4x 5 energy = 20
total gains = 65
2nd block costs us 15 energy.

This means I am currently losing about 1,5 energy per second which means I can only sustain my normal rotation once without dropping below 70%. The next rotation I HAVE to either pop my coolhead / illegal mods or add in a flurry. This is truly the case for the more usual opening rotations.
Now there might be changes in the above rotation during opsfights but in general our energy output vs gains wouldn't change.

So where exactly are we swimming in energy?
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Romeugues
07.03.2017 , 01:49 PM | #29
These changes seem pretty reasonable but I'm not a veteran at Engineering, in pvp(my primary swtor activity) I mostly play MM since it's super easy to play, at least in terms of not worrying about reapplying dots.

GloomyBoy
07.03.2017 , 01:49 PM | #30
Slow from 75% to 50%. It's still way too much slow...when you see opposing team is only 2-3 mercs/2-3 snipers and 1 tank +1-2 sorcs. As they can perma spam it in PVP